Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lib Dem Conference 16-21 Sept - Our BEST EVER SHOT At Bringing Down LDC

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This could all be quite amusing.

Never before has anyone given the slightest shit about the Lib Dems, it'll probably be the first hint of a protest they've ever seen

:lolol:

Is it worth a few people joining the party so as to ensure us some seats at the Conference? I realise that the entire week will be full of tree-hugging flannel about proportional representation and the need to become a viable third option in British politics, but it would still be entertaining to get in on proceedings with a few Falmer messages.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
im not trying to be hard in the slightest but id like to punch belotti and call him a C.U.N.T and nothing else but that word. Also we should egg him at the least. i'll throw eggs at the xxxx and couldnt give a shit if i was aressted to be honest

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Large One said:
If I may paraphrase the previous banner from 1996...

IF ONE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT MP CAN TRY TO BANKRUPT A FOOTBALL CLUB, WHAT CAN A LIBERAL DEMOCRAT GOVERNMENT DO TO THE COUNTRY?
:) How about other banners as well along the lines of LDC = LIBDEMS DESTROYING COMMONSENSE

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
prob get more media coverage than the Labour march as every bloody day someone was marching for animals or farmers or something. Well up for this

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dougal said:
prob get more media coverage than the Labour march as every bloody day someone was marching for animals or farmers or something. Well up for this

Very good point mate :clap:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Hopefully it will all be over , in our favour by then - if not then hopefully ACTION is planned.

Even if it IS over by then I want revenge. That bunch of fuckwits running LDC under the LibDumb banner have nearly destroyed this football club.

Can a football club's supporters destroy a political party?

Let's try.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I doubt very much we could destroy a political party. But as in all walks of life people who go into Politics want to go as far as they can. Anne De Vecchi is no different. I suspect her Political ambitions don’t just lie with leading Lewes Council, but more than likely in Westminster. Look at Bassam and Caplin for instance.

Her CV at the moment reads that she is taking on a multi million pound business (well multi just) and the Govt. Which at the moment for her sounds good. It will end in a total fiasco for LDC, costing their tax payers money and ensuring that she will never be considered for selection for any prospective Lib Dem seat. It will no doubt cost her local council seat as well.

For Anne de Vecchi read David Bellotti. A Fib Dum cast out into the wilderness and very much not wanted by anyone.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My wanting to destroy a political party wasn't really a serious consideration but it feels good contemplating it.....

You're right about local "politicians" though-we can ruin their political aspirations. And we should. All of those slime balls.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
patcham seagulls said:
any protest should focus on how undemocratic their decision was, in regard of its constituants

And how they are wasting our council tax.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It sounds to me that we need to be there on not one march but as a daily or full time protest.

I would be more than happy to spend a night outside there.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
and on how their electorate was not consulted.

and on how their decision was made at a secret meeting.

and on how a dozen or less Councillors, being influenced by a tiny number of Falmer residents are making policy decisions and incuring costs on behalf of all Lewes residents.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is very exciting. Do you think Belotti would risk turning up? (As UB mentioned)

I don't care if it is over by then. We must make a point, on how destructive Local Councils can be....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Been away for most of past week, and not yet fully up to date, but this sounds interesting!!

I think we can have our cake AND eat it on this one.

Firstly, we should start a campaign NOW to stop the Lib Dem conference taking place in Brighton. Ideally it should be a campaign representing all Sussex residents, and could even use the potentially controversial theme of the LibDems trying to "Murder" a football club.

Secondly, as it's unlikely that the Lib Dems will change the venue (unless our campaign is incredibly good), then we can also have a march and get something on national TV, which would be great.

With this two-stage plan we do not need to wait until September, which seems an awfully long way away. We can start doing lots of things NOW - writing to the Lib Dem leadership, organising a petition, getting articles in the press, etc. At the moment I think De Vecchi and her cronies aren't really feeling the heat - as far as they are concerned it's only a local issue, and the Lib Dem leadership are probably thinking they'll never get a seat in Brighton & Hove anyway, so it doesn't matter if we hate them. However, if we can demonstrate the strength of feeling THROUGHOUT SUSSEX, and raise the thing to a NATIONAL level, then it's a completely different ball game.

In terms of getting a petition running, we could start by having representatives at every significant non-league game in Sussex. I'm sure there are loads of other possibilities.

The key message should probably be - Why should Sussex be hosting a conference for a bunch of politicians who want to "murder" our major centre of sporting excellence?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We can't aim to stop them coming, because this town needs the money that all these politicians bring. Also these particular tossers have booked to come back in 2007 too - presumably we'll have started building Falmer by then ???

No, for me we need to gear up to welcome them in a way they will not expect. We need to concentrate on the non democratic way that Veggie and the Lewes Lib Dems have put a spanner in the works.

We can have the same effect on her Lib Dem career as we did on that other wanker, the ex MP for Eastbourne. I know for a fact that Paddy Pantsdown was well f***ed off with him for what he did to the Lib Dem vote in Sussex.

Would Ming would run the country in the way Veggie runs Lewes ? Spend our taxes without letting us have any say in the matter ?

We'll be ready for them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dover said:
It sounds to me that we need to be there on not one march but as a daily or full time protest.

I would be more than happy to spend a night outside there.

Seconded! I too would be more than happy for Dover to spend a night outside there :D

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seems to me that all we need do is let the Lib Dumb leadership know that they will not be receiving a warm welcome in Brighton-and let them know exactly why they won't be made welcome.

We all know what their pathetic elected muppets are doing-do they (the leaders)? They need reminding of the damage being done to their Party by a handful of snobs.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Bwian said:
Seems to me that all we need do is let the Lib Dumb leadership know that they will not be receiving a warm welcome in Brighton-and let them know exactly why they won't be made welcome.

We all know what their pathetic elected muppets are doing-do they (the leaders)? They need reminding of the damage being done to their Party by a handful of snobs.

You're probably right....the question is, how? I think someone needs to organise something......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here