Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt - Interesting Quote from a Burnley Fan

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
:clap2::clap2::clap2:Paul Scholes indeed, just keeps bangin out the performances....understated but class all the way.

Sound like a great performance today, listened with interest deep in the depths of darkest Sussex wishing I was there....

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Bridcutt basically pulls the string for the whole midfield, and I love the way him and Crofts have started switching roles fluidly. One comes forward and the other drops back into the defensive role. It's just wonderful.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think he is class, but in my opinion half a yard short of pace.

And a foot too small. But then he wouldn't be playing for us.

We must be watching a different player because as far as I can see, neither could be further from the truth. He's deceptively quick and often gets to 50/50 balls first, and for a guy of what, 5'9(?), he wins a ridiculous amount in the air. Will never forget him beating Zigic in the air when defending a free kick at Birmingham away.

My main worry is that (I think!) his contract is up at the end of the 2014 season - come January with only 18 months left on his deal I wonder whether clubs will look to try and mug us off for around £2m. We need him tied down to a proper 4 year deal, in and amongst the highest earners if necessary so it takes nearer £4-5m before we even think about it, because the metronome-type quality and defensive reliability he brings to the team allows the flair players around him to create the chances and the full-backs the opportunity to get forward. Legend in the making IMO.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We must be watching a different player because as far as I can see, neither could be further from the truth. He's deceptively quick and often gets to 50/50 balls first, and for a guy of what, 5'9(?), he wins a ridiculous amount in the air. Will never forget him beating Zigic in the air when defending a free kick at Birmingham away.

My main worry is that (I think!) his contract is up at the end of the 2014 season - come January with only 18 months left on his deal I wonder whether clubs will look to try and mug us off for around £2m. We need him tied down to a proper 4 year deal, in and amongst the highest earners if necessary so it takes nearer £4-5m before we even think about it, because the metronome-type quality and defensive reliability he brings to the team allows the flair players around him to create the chances and the full-backs the opportunity to get forward. Legend in the making IMO.

I was being facetious. He is a stunning player.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
It would be great if by january 1st we were in a very good league position with a good chance of promotion, then maybe all our players would be motivated to stay :)

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit

We are watching the same player, like i said he's class, but a top six premier league player... he ain't!

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
You can see that he was made to watch Claude Makelele (one of my favourite ever players) hen Chelsea won thier Titles, Makelele was the constant presence in the team allowing the attacking players to run riot.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
"If I was manager I'd get the video and get them to watch their number 26 in midfield - bircott or something. Nothing extraordinary, just 90 minutes of show for the ball, pass and move to receive the ball again. Not rocket science but he had an outstanding game in the simplest of ways, unlike our lads who spent most of the day looking at each other wondering if they should be pressing etc or their team mate".

Burnley v Brighton Player Ratings - Burnley FC forum from footymad.net

Bircott - another masterstroke signing by Gus!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bridcutt is absolutely superb and should be playing in the prem,I think he is our most valuable player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here