Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt - Interesting Quote from a Burnley Fan

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe some Northern Monkeys know a bit about football too, then. At least one Burnley fan was watching the game and got iy spot on

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
When I played CH in a Sunday team, I'd have murdered for some midfield protection like he offers the central pairing. First line of defence and an easy out ball. Totally the dog's :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Usual Bridcutt standard really. There will be interest in him come Jan, absolutely no doubt.
That doesn't make sense. He played to his usual standard, so there's nothing for other manager to see that they haven't seen before, yet they haven't tried to buy him in the last couple of transfer windows.

I think he's getting better and I wouldn't be surprised if bids come in, but we have cover for everyone except Bridcutt, so we'd need a great replacement to let him go.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
You can see that he was made to watch Claude Makelele (one of my favourite ever players) hen Chelsea won thier Titles, Makelele was the constant presence in the team allowing the attacking players to run riot.

He's far more of a Makelele than Scholes, if we're challenging for promotion come January I can't see Gus or Tony selling anyone....we'd be far better off turning down any offers in January so that it doesnt ruin our chances of promotion and the riches of the prem!!!! If we don't make it then i can totally understand him going next summer if the right offer came in which I'm sure it will.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bridcutt is an awesome player and so key to the way we play. We need to keep him for as long as we can as his value will only grow.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yeah just like Scholes, always diving into tackles, picking up a yellow every game, driving forward, spraying 60 yard passes and chipping in with a dozen goals a season. Some people are clueless......He is our very own Claude Makelele, and that who by his own confession he basis his game on, pure class. And if we are looking good for promotion come Jan, he wont be going anywhere.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
He's just getting better and better. Remember last season he got caught in possession by West Ham which resulted in a goal. He rarely gets caught out now. Gus has worked magic on him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Unreal to think we picked him up on a free, after a fair few clubs rejected however trials. Palace being one of those.

Thank god we managed to secure him after the initial six month deal.

Sorry BOF, pedant alert. I'm pretty sure he was only signed on a 3 month contract originally!

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
He was the mom yesterday,not just ours,the games mom.For a short guy he won more headers than any other player,tackled and distributed the ball with eases.Dicker was always available to receive from him and Dickers passes were just great whether long or short.
I would imagine that if a premier league club made an offer for Bridcutt the decision would be down to him whether he wanted to move on.If Gus keeps teaching him and he respects that he may well decide to stay with the club and play premiership with us next season.Hope that is the case,brilliant player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here