Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt - Interesting Quote from a Burnley Fan

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Didnt we get him after he either left or was turned down by Yeovil.

Chelsea loaned him to Yeovil ( then Watford then Stockport).
When Chelsea released him we got him after Wilkins tipped off Gus.
We signed him til the end of the season about a 5 month contract.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What has improved in his game is the level of consistency. In that role you need a consistent 7.5 plus per game. Early in his time with the Albion he would have good performances, then a poor (or not so good) - and in that position it sticks out. Now he seems to have achieved a level of consistency that is remarkable. And everyone on his table at the sponsors dinner will tell you what a decent chap he is.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If he carries on improving and tightens up on his loose passes he may just become an Albion legend. Fine player now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At the player award's dinner he said that he was on the brink of signing for TORQUAY, but Gus had got hold of his number and told him to divert the car to Brighton instead. The rest is history.

As much as I would hate to wish ill fortune on any player, HATS OFF to Alan Navarro for damaging his cruciate against Northampton in the League Cup, and therefore Gus searching for a replacement in the holding role.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Liam is amazing, plays the simple and effective no-nonsense game of passing the ball.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
At the player award's dinner he said that he was on the brink of signing for TORQUAY, but Gus had got hold of his number and told him to divert the car to Brighton instead. The rest is history.

As much as I would hate to wish ill fortune on any player, HATS OFF to Alan Navarro for damaging his cruciate against Northampton in the League Cup, and therefore Gus searching for a replacement in the holding role.

Like the old saying, there but for the grace of god..Right place, right time, twist of fate etc etc. Right player, right manager. Coppell made Mayo look like a championship left back. There are hundreds of thousands of people out on the parks kicking a ball about as we speak who all think they can play football. Just shows you how good these player who play the pro game really are. Being a top class footballer is as much about attitude as it is about ability, it's what sets the good and the great apart and Bridcutt does come across as a really good pro with a great attitude.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brilliant, consistent player who pulls the strings and able to find time and space.

Can only recall one occasion when he was jeered loudly by Albion supporters.

Mr Bums

Jan 31, 2012
Passes the ball far too much, it's boring. Would get nowhere at my beloved Britannia Stadium.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Award for the best avatar goes to........

Can watch blazing saddles over and over again

After a pic of a south park character carrying his large balls in a wheelbarrow it was time to get serious... Or not as the case may be. Blazing saddles is an all time classic. Glad it gets your seal of approval

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having just listened to, the as ever excellent, Roar, [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] has left me wondering about LB's main job.

I thought Liam was near to MOM verses Barnsley, as he stopped everything coming through the middle, before GG and AEA could even get a sniff of action.

TLO seemed to feel he wasn't as effective in the game because he didn't put us on the attack, quick enough.

That's something I've never really noticed as I'm still enjoying what went on before.

So what do you think is his main job:-

Starting us
or
Stopping them?

(Yes yes I know he should be doing both, but as also mentioned, in Roar, if KLL was also the best crosser he wouldn't be playing for us in the C/ship)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here