Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient v Brighton Nil (Official Thread)

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
:clap:

Me, a few hours ago: "Ooh, lovely stuff - Brighton have only scored three in the last ten games, you know... Now it's four in one night, get in..."
Rest of North London pub: "Will you please SHH, we're trying to watch these replays of Yakubu outdoing his manager for worst penalty ever... And again."

Nice one all, mind! Take a bow, Brighton...
Orient for the Olympic Stadium? Pah.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
So Saturday was really a case of Baz, Bertie and Wardy settling into the team and getting to know the other players, last night was the whole thing gelling together...bring on Forest!

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I liked Martin Ling's comments on Orient's official site. "Brighton didn't have to open us up with any great play," he moaned, as if his side had gifted Albion four goals. Which game was he watching?
Does anyone else think that Alexis Bertin's display was reminiscent of Steve Sidwell's performances in a Brighton shirt?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Withdean Wanderer said:
Kuipers 6 - had nothing to do
Rents - 6 - not convincing, but did his job well enough
Lynch - 7 - think he was guilty of leaving the man for their goal, but he looked VERY confident and classy otherwise
Butters - 8 - won everything in the air. Again.
El-abd - 7 - better in defence!
Cox - 10 - MoM. Ok, so maybe that's a tad generous, but he was CLASS. Influenced at least 3, if not 4 of our goals.
Bertin - 8 - sprayed the ball around well and broke up tackles
Hammond 8 - Powerful finish, solid game, good linkup player
Ward - 6 - not convinced he's good enough, but some good passing
Savage - 9 - Has the turning circle of the QE2, but was absolutely terrific tonight, giving his all.
Gatting - 6- Nothing really to rave about, lost posession a fair bit, but took his goal well.

:clap2:

agree except would have given Hammond and Bertin 9's aswell.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Zesh Rehman said:
agree except would have given Hammond and Bertin 9's aswell.

blimey...I though Ward looked excellent

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Great performance on and off the pitch. Again Hammond was superb - my man of the match. Very encouraging and I've been on a high all day still. BUT it was only Orient who were very poor. We are still not out of it yet. It's very tight in the bottom half of the division. We are 14th with 39 pts; Orient, in the 4th relegation place, have 35 pts, so we are some way from being comfortable.
I hope last night has turned the corner. It was fantastic to see the confidence flood back into the players. And what an atmosphere we made. Come on!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
i miss worthing said:
hey eastlondonseagull where do u live. i.ve recently moved to the stratford, not that impressed to be honest!

Stratford's like one big f*** off roundabout, with a sprinkling of shops in the middle, not particularly nice is it?!

I used to live down the road in Forest Gate, E7, hence the NSC name, but I'm a sarf east Londoner now, in Plumstead. Much cheaper this side of the river, but not so good for transport links as Stratford.

Where abouts are you? My missus used to live in Manbey Grove...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
i miss worthing said:
hey eastlondonseagull where do u live. i.ve recently moved to the stratford, not that impressed to be honest!

I used to live in Stratford. What a dive! My advice would be to move as quickly as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here