Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leyton Orient v Brighton Nil (Official Thread)

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Silent Bob said:

"Brighton are one of the worst sides in the division and this season they have socred 8 goals against us.Says it all.For the first time in my life,i am truly ashamed to be an orient fan(Brush pushed me but at least we limited ourselves to only one or two truly shocking thumpings a season)"

:clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

i miss worthing

Dec 1, 2006
just back,great game,could of been alot more. Their goal flatter them,

player ratings:

Kuipers: 8, not alot to do,came for afew crosses well.

Rents :7.5, had to deal with a tricky winger, came forward occasionally.

Butters :8.5, won every header he went for,striker lost his head with him towards the end,great game

Lynch : 8.5, same as butters plus his strength and pace thwarted many attacks.

El-abd : 7.5, strong in the tackle, typical El-abd game

Cox : 8.5, fantastic crosses, excellent skills and began to show an understanding with ward.

Ward : 7, better than brentford,gave the ball away abit to much although did give us more options going forward,started in cm.

Bertin :9, typical roy keane performance broke up attacks, gave it easy and didnt get caught on the ball once. sat back and gave ward and hammond licence to attack.

Hammond: 8.5, started more left,but roamed around the pitch,oozed class in everything he did, was involved for the whole 90 mins tonite instead of drifting in and out of the game.

Savage: 8.5, worked well,1st touch was alot better,won alot of headers, scored and assisted, better than i thought he would be.became a fans favourite by the end with chants of "savage 4 england" will defo start against forest.

Gatting: 7.5, worked hard won alot of headers and corners, could of scored more and replaced by elder late on.

Excellent preformance by players and fans,mom goes to bertin altho on another day it could of been hammond,butts or lynch(a partnership that is consistently playing well)

:drink: :albion:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
i miss worthing said:
Gatting: 7.5, worked hard won alot of headers and corners, could of scored more and replaced by elder late on.

4 or 5 more like!

He gave the ball away five times in as many minutes at one point in the second half. :angry:

i miss worthing

Dec 1, 2006
i think your being abit harsh, he held the ball up well and yeah did lose the ball afew times sometimes due to being slightly isolated. Did you notice how him and savage played so far apart from each other for most of the game?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
kestrel said:

Well. what did you expect?
You lot have been on here all week giving it "Dick Tight this", "Dick Tight, that." "Wilkins OUT", "Players out"
etc etc etc :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Tonight we won 4-1 away from home...
If you are prepared to dish it out, you gotta be prepared to get some of it back.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Funny comment from one on their board:

"Brighton were rubbish, we got a deserved 4-1 pasting. Says it all. "

:clap2:

and...

"We were out played and out fought by a team who's own fans said "They couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag" and hadn't scored in about 8 matches

TYPICAL BLOODY ORIENT!!!"

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought Gatting did alright, he's got no pace but holds the ball up well, and is developing a happy habit of scoring, which Robinson has lost lately. Bertin was MoM for me, Cox looked back to the player he was at the start of the season, Ward had a much better game.

Lynch looked quality in defence again, despite Orient not posing much of a threat, he tried to get forward a bit more and his passing was good. I was impressed with Rents too, defended pretty well and a good passer of the ball.

Whoever gave Kuipers an 8 above :lolol: I know there's a bit of hero worship going on for some people but Orient only had one shot on target apart from the goal! Kuipers did nothing wrong, but an 8 out of 10 makes it sound like he made loads of saves.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
edna krabappel said:
I thought Gatting did alright, he's got no pace but holds the ball up well, and is developing a happy habit of scoring, which Robinson has lost lately. Bertin was MoM for me, Cox looked back to the player he was at the start of the season, Ward had a much better game.

Lynch looked quality in defence again, despite Orient not posing much of a threat, he tried to get forward a bit more and his passing was good. I was impressed with Rents too, defended pretty well and a good passer of the ball.

Whoever gave Kuipers an 8 above :lolol: I know there's a bit of hero worship going on for some people but Orient only had one shot on target apart from the goal! Kuipers did nothing wrong, but an 8 out of 10 makes it sound like he made loads of saves.

There was that potentially difficult catch in the mud towards the end and a punch.

er.. that was it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers 6 - had nothing to do
Rents - 6 - not convincing, but did his job well enough
Lynch - 7 - think he was guilty of leaving the man for their goal, but he looked VERY confident and classy otherwise
Butters - 8 - won everything in the air. Again.
El-abd - 7 - better in defence!
Cox - 10 - MoM. Ok, so maybe that's a tad generous, but he was CLASS. Influenced at least 3, if not 4 of our goals.
Bertin - 8 - sprayed the ball around well and broke up tackles
Hammond 8 - Powerful finish, solid game, good linkup player
Ward - 6 - not convinced he's good enough, but some good passing
Savage - 9 - Has the turning circle of the QE2, but was absolutely terrific tonight, giving his all.
Gatting - 6- Nothing really to rave about, lost posession a fair bit, but took his goal well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here