Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To save time going through pages - there’s no extra news apart from an Express article based on A.Berrys tweet right?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Akes price is also with the relegation reduction, so 40 or 50 million is not out of the question.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To save time going through pages - there’s no extra news apart from an Express article based on A.Berrys tweet right?

Don’t stress, it will either happen or it won’t, no point in worrying about it :shrug:

Have faith in TB and GP doing what they consider best.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
In my eyes, that values Dunk at about £25m.

Abraham is really, really not all that.

Its all about opinions, but why so down on Abraham?

Personally, I think he is excellent and only likely to improve.

No way Chelsea will let him leave anytime soon, so it's a moot point.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
On a vaguely related note Matt Stead's F365 article on best championship players (White 3rd) asks "how have Brighton managed to accrue the best central defensive depth in the entire top flight"

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If and a bit if, Dunk goes does this change any of the other expected departures or has no bearing?

Duffy would be the obvious one, as a non ball playing defender maybe it doesn’t stop him going , however he was exactly what we needed vs Newcastle in the last 10 minutes so expectations would need to be aligned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Lewis Dunk to Chelsea ...............

He was having new sun blinds fitted at his house at the weekend if that helps.

To be honest, it doesn't at all. We know that Dunk has spent years on his fancy self-build, and the fact that he's still now putting touches to it, does support the idea that he's not likely to wish to uproot.

But when the two likely options are staying with us (30 minute drive to training at Lancing) or signing for Chelsea (50 minute drive to training at Cobham), the fact he's tied to the area doesn't tell us much!

Yeah I mean, he’s hardly going to day, “well thank you Mr Abramovic for tripling my wages, offering me a huge signing on fee and Champions League football next season.

I’d love to sign... but.. I just had me blinds done” [emoji1787]

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Abraham would get 15 goals for us a season if he stayed fit. And could play alongside Maupay who could play off him. Which likely makes him worth as much as Dunk. Anyway, won’t happen.

I would agree on both points. He would be just what we want and we can't afford him. Abraham is younger than Maupay, he's English and has been capped. He scored more goals in less games than Neal last season, albeit for a more successful team. He scored the same number as Maupay when both were in the Championship the year before. I know that Lampard can now buy better, but he would be very silly to let him go after everything Chelsea have done to develop him. Abraham is about the same age as Ben White, but is a striker, not a defender and he has just finished a season as the top scorer for a team that qualified for the Champions League. If he wouldn't be good enough for us, it rather begs the question who would be?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I caught it being discussed on Talksport this morning , Also said West Ham are in for Duffy and Liverpool eyeing White

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Takes about that time from central London as well ! I played there regularly when at student at UCL as we shared the facilities (1980s). I seem to remember it was called Shenley in those days so either a name change or Arsenal have since moved.

Arsenal built a new training ground next to the old one which they flogged to Watford. Both are located between London Colney and Shenley (nearer LC). 5 minutes walk from my house but I resisted the urge to don my shirt and wave at Guendouzi when their coach got back after Maupay mugged them!!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Arsenal built a new training ground next to the old one which they flogged to Watford. Both are located between London Colney and Shenley (nearer LC). 5 minutes walk from my house but I resisted the urge to don my shirt and wave at Guendouzi when their coach got back after Maupay mugged them!!

so, quite easy to commute to from say.... Hurstpierpoint?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Lewis Dunk to Chelsea ...............

I would agree on both points. He would be just what we want and we can't afford him. Abraham is younger than Maupay, he's English and has been capped. He scored more goals in less games than Neal last season, albeit for a more successful team. He scored the same number as Maupay when both were in the Championship the year before. I know that Lampard can now buy better, but he would be very silly to let him go after everything Chelsea have done to develop him. Abraham is about the same age as Ben White, but is a striker, not a defender and he has just finished a season as the top scorer for a team that qualified for the Champions League. If he wouldn't be good enough for us, it rather begs the question who would be?

This.

People are seriously questioning how good a signing Tammy would be for us?

We would be LUCKY to get him. Exceptional talent, young English striker (also raises the price). I think he’d compliment Maupay and Connolly perfectly actually.

Equally so with Giroud.

So Tony, if you’re reading, losing Dunk would be softened by getting one of these guys as part of the deal [emoji108]

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
On a vaguely related note Matt Stead's F365 article on best championship players (White 3rd) asks "how have Brighton managed to accrue the best central defensive depth in the entire top flight"

Here is that article of anyone's interested https://www.football365.com/news/top-ten-championship-players-season-benrahma-pereira-leeds

3) Ben White (Leeds)
Not since Tom Heaton in 2015/16 had someone played every minute of a Championship-winning campaign. In terms of outfielders, Alex Pearce was the latest to achieve that feat, not missing a single kick with Reading in 2011/12. Ben White’s career trajectory seems destined to reach much higher levels at Leeds, Brighton or beyond.

It has been a remarkable ascension through the English football pyramid for White, who made his professional league debut on loan at Newport in 2017/18, spent the latter half of 2018/19 with Peterborough and was chosen by Leeds to replace Pontus Jansson last summer. League Two to League One to the Championship in as many seasons, with the 22-year-old almost guaranteed to make an impact in the Premier League in 2020/21. The only questions now are which side will be fortunate enough to have him, and how have Brighton managed to accrue the best central-defensive depth in the entire top flight?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yeah I mean, he’s hardly going to day, “well thank you Mr Abramovic for tripling my wages, offering me a huge signing on fee and Champions League football next season.

I’d love to sign... but.. I just had me blinds done” [emoji1787]

And he could easily commute to training every day, just like Murray did when he played at Palace.

Selling Dunk for a large fee would definitely be a roll of the dice, but one that I wouldn't be too upset with if it meant being able to strengthen elsewhere, particularly with the options we currently have at centre back.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In my eyes, that values Dunk at about £25m.

Abraham is really, really not all that.

He's worth a lot more than 5 million. I tend to agree, that he's not so great at PL level, but he's torn it up in each championship loan and you'd have championship clubs biting your hand off for 15 oddil million.

Abraham is another similar to Knocky, top championship player, not so great at the top table.

Last edited:

Dunk was the only consistently high-class functioning part of our defence last season and sadly we now have to include the keeper in that, the danger is what those players end up looking like without him there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here