Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes v Rushden.................

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, you won't manage it, but you'll try as usual. You just need to accept that football fans don't ALWAYS love ALL the players. Come to terms with that, and you'll realise that me having 2 or 3 'write-offs' in an albion squad of almost 30 is quite reasonable:thumbsup:

But, as per your "good riddance" comment the other day, stating that Kerry could be popular again if he stuck to a lower standard of football is poor and shows a certain lack of class in yourself. Again.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
As I said earlier if the criticism is aimed at Total Tadger he whines and whines, and wriggles uncomfortably. He can dish it out, but he can't take it. He's a pathetic creature.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
You misunderstand. I wasn't having a go at Mayo by saying that. If anything I was impressed by him tonight - although that may be down to what he was playing alongside.

My points have always been that firstly it's the CLUB'S fault he's here, not his, and secondly, and more relevant to your post, that it can't possibly be fun for him knowing he'll never play for us. Shoot me for being the one on here saying it if you like, but I know, you know, and he knows that if he steps on the pitch at Withdean the fans will be on his back. That's no way to live your life. So, my comment tonight, instead of trying to slag him off, is merely suggesting that for his own happiness would he not be better being the star in a lesser team than a bit-part here who gets criticised as soon as he puts a foot slightly wrong?

Your witch-hunt against Kerry Mayo over the past few seasons goes WAY beyond a balanced critique of his playing ability. Your ceaseless quest to belittle and vilify one of the most honest and hard-working players we have had over the past 11 or 12 seasons is quite frankly pathetic.

I was determined not to get involved in this latest round of criticism - we have had this debate before - but you just will not let it go.

Every time Kerry has struggled in the team, he has knuckled down, worked his bollocks off and bounced back to be selected by a number of different managers.

An attitude quite unlike your hero Michel Kuipers who, whilst also bouncing back from various setbacks, has done so with quite a few 'dummy out of the pram' incidents along the way. But you will not hear a word said against him.

It really is time to let it go.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It's not so much that you don't rate him as a player - fair enough, I'd agree with you that he's far past his (very good) best and probably isn't good enough for us any more. But a lot of what you say about him - the good riddance comment comes to mind - goes, as Hiney says, far beyond any comment on his playing ability and into the realms of personal spitefulness. Think and indeed say whatever you want about his ability, but nobody can doubt that Kerry Mayo has given his all for this club for over a decade and that, thankfully for some clubs, still does mean something.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Ah, you know me:lolol:

And to think you called me 'monotonous'! Far from whining or whinging when criticised, I actually quite enjoy it. The point is when it's from you it's so f***ing boring and predictable:thud:

"You don't know me. How can you criticise me when you don't know me?" The same old bloody whine.

Yes you are monotonous. If I'm getting "so f***ing boring and predictable" then you are getting to know how your posts are. I've deliberately copied your style, just for you.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Ah, the irony. Argue with POINTS and OPINIONS, don't pretend to know people you don't. It's simple. By all means call me a twat for my views, but your 'I'm going to tell you what your own personality is' act is a) unfounded (obviously), and b) boring.

Now we come to the next phase. Tadger writes meaningless sentences to create a smokescreen.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Changing tack as usual and trying to back track from your full on slag fest of Mayo.

Keep digging as you really showing your true colours.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hard to argue with a lot of that, but all I'd say is that the "personal spitefulness" is an impression you've picked up from my words, NOT the opinion I have in my head in REAL life. There is no way I have a PERSONAL dislike of any albion player I've EVER seen. Even the very worst have a place in my heart! Having a personal dislike of someone indicates I know them personally, which clearly in this case I don't. As a result, I find it incredible when people accuse someone of a personal spitefulness etc. By all means say I think he's not up to the job, but I don't have anything PERSONAL against him.

Maybe you should be more considered about the words you choose then. Because it seems clear to me, and I only noticed this myself yesterday, that many people regard what you write as incredibly distasteful, nasty and spiteful about someone that all Albion fans should have nothing but admiration for.

Like me I assume, these people do not know you, so can only judge you on the words you write here. And, personally speaking again, I have a pretty low opinion of you which is formed on those very words I've read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here