Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes to Uckfield railway, feasibility study..

Talking of services, do you think Southern will axe that Ashford train now that the majority of Eurostar goes to Ebbsfleet anyway.
From a discussion I overheard only this evening between a couple of people at an event I attended out in the east of the county, I don't think that is likely.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
From a discussion I overheard only this evening between a couple of people at an event I attended out in the east of the county, I don't think that is likely.

I'm surprised! It takes ages to get there(far less than it did to go C.Junction/Waterloo change) and now the Eurostar purpose has gone. I assume it has steady passenger numbers then.

I'm surprised! It takes ages to get there(far less than it did to go C.Junction/Waterloo change) and now the Eurostar purpose has gone. I assume it has steady passenger numbers then.
Business is apparently picking up quite nicely at the Hastings - Ashford end of the line. And once South Eastern's high-speed domestic service from Ashford to London starts (knocking 46 minutes off the journey time), it will be quicker to get from Hastings to London via Ashford and the high-speed line than via every hole in the hedge and Tonbridge.

Southeastern Railway - High Speed Trains

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Business is apparently picking up quite nicely at the Hastings - Ashford end of the line. And once the high-speed domestic service from Ashford to London starts, it will be quicker to get from Hastings to London via Ashford and the high-speed line than via every hole in the hedge and Tonbridge.

That's very true. It will be interesting to see how our first high-speed domestic services does..

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Like you said earlier in the thread every weekend during the winter the London to Brighton is shut for repairs.

Would save them a fortune in not having to hire buses

It is not shut every weekend in the winter, tends to be a 4-8 week period when they are doing works, as long as they do it when the Albion are at home it is not great issue.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Well it is much more of a hassle when they do works on the line, when travelling to an away game.

If they do it when we are at home, most of the fans are in Brighton anyway.

But that only accounts for maybe 1% of the rail users. 99% still have to mess around with the buses!!

Maybe i will speak to the chief maintenance planner for network rail and ask him to schedule the works for the weekends we are at home then :lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
But that only accounts for maybe 1% of the rail users. 99% still have to mess around with the buses!!

Maybe i will speak to the chief maintenance planner for network rail and ask him to schedule the works for the weekends we are at home then :lolol:

Well if you feel you have that sort of influence then great, doubt it though.

I have no need for the trains when we are at home, but when we are away, the replacement buses at 6am are a bit of a pain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here