Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council report me to the Old Bill!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think its a woman thing, and she is very unhappy to be pictured with a big shiney red nose:nono: :nono: :nono:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Apart from the sheer hypocrisy of a woman who was so unprepared to answer questions about the Council's behaviour that her bloke chased an Argus photographer down the road and into his car before thumping him, it's the timing of all this I find so curious.

Because those posters were prepared ages ago to accompany the petition that went to the District Council in December. The poster campaign was criticised by the Lewes Lib Dems but it was a 5-minute squawk that went away long ago.

So why now, only 2 days after Lewes District Council's cabinet met and refused to go back on their decision despite being lobbied vigorously by Lord B and The History Man, does I get this surprise email. Could it be because LDC "think it's all over" and can now get away with making threats because the issue has gone away?

Only they've had weeks and weeks and weeks to get difficult so it's kind of odd that they now try and use the Police to gag me and remove what's basically archive campaign material on the site. Material that might well have been removed if only they'd shut their yap!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It gets more and more like Fred Karno's circus.
I hope the Argus pick up the story and publish it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Large One said:
They received an complaint from Lewes District Council? But not a complaint from Ann de Vecchi? That woman is plain f***ing weird.

Do her, roz, f***ing DO HER. Do her eyes, maul her face, smash her up. Go on, GO ON. Do it.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I expect that would constitute the offence of affray. Your defence is ... I don't think you have got one ???

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is ludicrous. If there was any hint at all that the word "Murder" was aimed towards any individual - however tongue in cheek - then it might just possibly merit the police's involvement.

Surely they don't seriously think that your poster might be implying LDC intend to seek out and kill Brighton's board and supporters one by one?

Personally, unless the police order it to be altered because it contravenes a law, I would thank them politely for their interest but say there's no intention of changing it.

Whether it's emotive or not has absolutely nothing to do with them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
any1 have an address? i have the sudden URGE to print off 200 copies and POST them too her

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
How long before I get some plod knocking on my door for my instigation of the Ban The Bun appeal?

:lol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
It gets more and more like Fred Karno's circus.
I hope the Argus pick up the story and publish it.

The Argus did print the poster didn't they? When the posters were first released?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
They printed one of the posters, Bwian. And did so weeks ago which is why I'm so suspicious about LDC's timing. Strikes me that they now think they're invincible and can go into threat mode.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
FFS have ldc not wasted enough money appealing etc, now they have to waste police resources as well. If one poster constitutes that reaction, then the argus reporter should be going for the jugular and sue for everything he can.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
roz said:
They printed one of the posters, Bwian. And did so weeks ago which is why I'm so suspicious about LDC's timing. Strikes me that they now think they're invincible and can go into threat mode.

More like "fear and alarm" and they were complaining about "breach of the peace".

But "breach of the peace" refers to reasonable people.

The other possibility is they want to brand the Albion supporters as unreasonable. Then they notify the press and get publicity for their action.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I suspect you could get an 'International' Seagull to host any future posters etc... for download. Bring International Law into play, bring great expense into play (I suspect). I do not have my own web site but surely many followers outside the UK do.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Also Roz I used to follow a message board where one user posted detrimental accounts about a particular company. The company sued the internet user over the posts (in the USA). Ultimately the judge decided the person needed to include the phrase 'In my opinion' at the end of his posts. You might want to add 'In my opinion' to your posters. Put it at the bottom so it may be cut out by anyone doing downloads.

just a thought.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Exactly what law is being broken by the poster? anyone know? LDC have well and truly lost the plot now, what a joke.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well done roz.:D

Not got the FBI after you then?

Dont change it, just whip up some publicity about it.

Is it OK if I post it on other boards?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
driddles said:
I suspect you could get an 'International' Seagull to host any future posters etc... for download. Bring International Law into play, bring great expense into play (I suspect). I do not have my own web site but surely many followers outside the UK do.

Good advice but I always stand by what I create! Which is why I use my own website. I don't consider this image to be illegal and I worded it quite carefully to ensure that I was holding LDC's cabinet responsible for their actions rather than making any threats to them.

If Ann de Vecchi wants to play the delicate and distressed little flower she'd be best starting by introducing the concept of democracy to the District Council. Rather than presiding over a council that makes decisions behind closed doors, attempts to gag any opposition from within and ultimately pays such contemptuous heed to the views of over 5000 concerned local council tax payers!

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Does this mean we can play with them as well? I suggest we spend a little time surfing around their website, identifying anything which may break the law, however tenuously, and report them for it.

Do Sussex Police have a policy of contacting people by email, rather than by phone or personal visit? I would have thought that if they were serious, they would have come to see you personally, or contacted your hosting company. The email route is dodgy, in that they cannot guarantee that you have seen it (even with receipt requested). I would make a quick call to them tomorrow to see if it's a genuine request. If it's not, then you can send me a copy of the email and I will run it past some very good friends of mine to see where it originated. I'd hate to think that LDC were resorting to threats and misrepresentation!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here