Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council report me to the Old Bill!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just a thought (based on the Freedom of Information thing above)... is there any way that we can all legally cause disruption to the workings of LDC?... the reason I ask is that LDC seem hell-bent on wasting the time of the Govt, Brighton & Hove City Council and, of course, the Albion...

It would be great if we could do the same to LDC... not only be a thorn in their (LDC) side, but also allow the FFA campaign team to draw attention to the parallel's between the club suffering at the hands of LDC, and LDC suffering at the hands of the majority of the public...

LB - is this possible? anyone?...

Thank you...

I'd be up for it, anyway...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Yes - the FOI route is a good one. However, the people you disrupt are the lower-level minions who just have these failures added to their list of "missed targets" when they miss deadlines. To actually cause direct problems to the leadership takes more focused action. A general increase in work-staffing levels can be achieved by checking out which committees that they work on, and increasing the FOI requests based on those committees and their output.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Lewes DC's behaviour here goes against party policy on civil liberties issues and censorship.
Their political opponents will be interested in this as will LibDem HQ.
DeVecchi and co might have scored a crucial own goal here.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
Yes - the FOI route is a good one. However, the people you disrupt are the lower-level minions who just have these failures added to their list of "missed targets" when they miss deadlines. To actually cause direct problems to the leadership takes more focused action. A general increase in work-staffing levels can be achieved by checking out which committees that they work on, and increasing the FOI requests based on those committees and their output.

So... find out what committee's the LDC leadership are on, and make as many FoI requests as possible?... FFA to co-ordinate?...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
B.W. said:
So... find out what committee's the LDC leadership are on, and make as many FoI requests as possible?... FFA to co-ordinate?...

I don't think FFA will get involved in this-and for good reason probably. They won't want to give those tossers a single thing to use against the club or its campaign.

Much better to do it as individuals in whatever way you feel best ;) Just keep track of the dates in case they need to be reported for non-compliance...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Regarding what, if any offences the council are referring to, I'd guess they're looking at public order offences, probably S5 of the act, which refers to threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or displaying any writing, sign or other visible representation likely to cause someone harassment, alarm or distress.

Though the only distress caused as far as I can see is to the Albion and fans by LDC's ridiculous behaviour. How that woman can claim to be a victim by the fact that the posters use emotive language and scary words like murder. God help her if she's that sensitive- I presume she has to hide under the duvet every time the evening news comes on.

I look forward to the next time Ms DeVecchi is a victim of crime, and then has cause to complain that there aren't enough police on the streets to deal with it. The whole thing is completely frivolous. What about the offences of wasting police time, or causing a public nuisance?

;) :lolol:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Regarding what, if any offences the council are referring to, I'd guess they're looking at public order offences, probably S5 of the act, which refers to threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or displaying any writing, sign or other visible representation likely to cause someone harassment, alarm or distress.

Thanks Edna. I also wonder whether they'd attempt to use Section 4 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997?

But I'm awaiting further developments tomorrow.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
roz said:
Thanks Edna. I also wonder whether they'd attempt to use Section 4 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997?

But I'm awaiting further developments tomorrow.

Keep cool!

Roz, you are the person being harassed. When is "bad taste" or "political opinion" become a criminal offence warranting a complaint to the Police.

I'm still at a loss to understand how a message to the effect that we should approach Ms de Vecchi and her colleagues "with care" amounts to any sort of threat.

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Unless Miss DeV is likely to explode on contact, the approaching "with care" sounds like a warning that it would be advisable to tread lightly as she could be a particularly litigious personality. She is obviously not above dragging the police into an argument (unless it involves her partner thumping a reporter).

This could be part of a pattern-argument by her - we have been accused of harassing her before, haven't we, at public meetings (the last one where they were "sleepless" about us), and in Lewes as well, then there is the Argus reporter who assaulted her partner by hitting his fist with his head.....

Perhaps DeV is trying to build a case for retirement on stress-related grounds when they lose this case, so that she can leave all the furore behind?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
HampshireSeagulls said:

Perhaps DeV is trying to build a case for retirement on stress-related grounds when they lose this case, so that she can leave all the furore behind?

Astute thinking.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
HampshireSeagulls said:
Unless Miss DeV is likely to explode on contact, the approaching "with care" sounds like a warning that it would be advisable to tread lightly as she could be a particularly litigious personality. She is obviously not above dragging the police into an argument (unless it involves her partner thumping a reporter).

This could be part of a pattern-argument by her - we have been accused of harassing her before, haven't we, at public meetings (the last one where they were "sleepless" about us), and in Lewes as well, then there is the Argus reporter who assaulted her partner by hitting his fist with his head.....
Are senior members of the LibDem party aware of her behaviour?
I don't mean Baker obviously. Interestingly, he is keeping a very low profile after being one of the first to stab Kennedy in the back on BBC2's Newsnight. It was also notable how quickly the pub and Harvey's references were removed from his website.

How litigious will DeV be when she hasn't got public money to fund her whims?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
sullyupthewing said:
No doubt they read NSC, so this is for you LDC:wave: , you are going to lose.

But I bet they don't have the guts to post because they are all spineless twats and .........

MURDERERS

Oh well I look forward to my email from the police and my apperance in the dock with Roz !!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
roz said:

Flagrant abuse of the law if it was- that act was drawn up principally to protect people from stalkers, but it does get misused.

To be classed as Harassment under that act, there has to be a course of conduct, ie more than one action. The act doesn't even have to be anything overtly threatening in itself, ie someone could repeatedly send cards or chocolates to the object of their affection, but if the intended recipient feels threatened or harassed by it, it would still count.

So you could stick one poster up, but if you didn't do it again, it wouldn't be a course of action, though you might get a friendly request not to do it again. If you plastered the town with more over a period of time, they could technically see it differently. Although how anyone could claim to be threatened by it is beyond me, albeit looking through my blue and white tinted spectacles.

I would hope the powers that be would view this as a completely frivolous complaint, and treat it with the contempt it deserves, but you never know.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You have royally pissed off De Vecchi, Roz

Top Top Work !
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here