Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes Bridge result

Bozza said:
I don't want to dampen spirits here, and I hope it's just a lack of understanding on my part.

But if in this election, no change has been made to LDC with regard to the seats they hold, does anyone really think their stance is going to change?

Given the evidence that has gone on before, I really can't see that LDC will be influenced in the slightest, and would just view this as a case of some Albion fans voting for the obvious whilst the electorate as a whole have delivered them the mandate to carry on as they are.

I'm not looking to play down the efforts of Roz et al which are, of course, tremendous.

Agree, they can carry on with the same arrogance and state, that the public just were not interested in the single issue of a stadium. I wouldn't be surprised that Cameron's skill in grabbbing the green agenda has also meant he has taken some of the former Lib Dems voters to his camp.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bozza said:
I don't want to dampen spirits here, and I hope it's just a lack of understanding on my part.

But if in this election, no change has been made to LDC with regard to the seats they hold, does anyone really think their stance is going to change?

Given the evidence that has gone on before, I really can't see that LDC will be influenced in the slightest, and would just view this as a case of some Albion fans voting for the obvious whilst the electorate as a whole have delivered them the mandate to carry on as they are.

I'm not looking to play down the efforts of Roz et al which are, of course, tremendous.
It looks like the Lib Dems will be returned but on a slimmer majority, thereby making their decision-making (in theory) more scrutinised.

The Lib Dems will claim that their return to power is a vinidication over the stance on Falmer. They are, of course, totally WRONG - as 785 votes so far will testify.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Bozza said:

If it doesn't - it will be sheer bloody-mindedness - which is still possible.

However there should now be less support for their continuing opposition to Falmer, and it will be far harder for them to speculate voters money on opposing it.

And who knows what impact seeing some of the main opposition players losing their seats will have. At least a concentration of the minds of the remainder of the Lib Dems.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:

The Lib Dems have lost the leader of their council and the leader of the Planning committee. That is going to hurt them.

They also looked astonished at Mark (Ned) getting 28% of the votes in Newhaven. Ok they still won the seats but it did make an impact believe me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dick Knights Mumm said:
If it doesn't - it will be sheer bloody-mindedness - which is still possible.

Despite being more distant than most, I think it's fair to say that one thing I can give LDC 'credit' for is displaying bloody-mindedness in absolute abundance.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Bozza said:
Despite being more distant than most, I think it's fair to say that one thing I can give LDC 'credit' for is displaying bloody-mindedness in absolute abundance.

That is true. But with any luck it will be harder to push through - and politicians are interested in power - and it does not look the vote-winner it might have done at some stages.

Anyway - let's just enjoy the moment.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ouse Valley & Ringmer

Gander (Con) 910
Bowers (Lib Dem) 904
Gardiner (Lib Dem) 902
Parker (Con) 879
Small (Con) 842
Carr (Lib Dem) 813
Bassford (Seagulls) 467
Broome (Green) 278
Wilson (Ind) 143

Turnout 46%
Ed Bassford 22.8% approx of available votes

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lewes Priory

O'Keefe (Ind) 2064
De Vecchi (Lib Dem) 1264
Eiloart (Lib Dem) 847
Taylor (Lib Dem) 712
Kent (Green) 518
Rudkin (Green) 508
Williams (Seagulls) 431
Warren (Con) 424
McGhee (Con) 419
Hopper (Lab) 257
Hartfield (UKIP) 166

Turnout 54%
Steve Williams 17.0% approx of available votes

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lewes Bridge

Daly (Lib Dem) 687
MacCleary (Lib Dem) 532
Stockdale (Ind) 402
South (Seagulls) 262
Denis (Green) 249
Serrechia (Green) 246
Stringer (Con) 203
Lyons (Con) 201
Hilliard (Lab) 113

Turnout 43%
Roz South 18.1% approx of available votes

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Newhaven Denton & Meeching

Rogers (Lib Dem) 1107
Main (Lib Dem) 971
Butler (Lib Dem) 884
Bishop (Con) 580
Foxwell (Con) 535
Jackson (Seagulls) 523
Barrett (Con) 340
Colvin (Green) 248
Crees (Green) 229
Spicer (Labour) 177

Turnout 36%
Mark Jackson 28.0% approx of available votes

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
am i right in thinking the greens have picked up a few more votes and seats?

Surely this is bad?

They must be against falmer?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks for that Yorkie - and obviously thanks for all the work I know you put into Mark's campaign.

So that works out at roughly 21% overall. In a General Election I don't think we'll have enough to form the next Government but we could end up with 20-30 seats.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
What is impressive to me is that we are seeing high percentage of people voting on a sole issue.

28% out of any snap poll in support of the Albion is extremely impressive when you consider that the Albion's best ever support in the great days was only about 18,000 which is way less than 28% of the city and surround population.

It just goes to show that when you galvanise people, if they are reasonable, regardless of their interest in football they see it as a great oppertunity for Sussex as a whole, its a shame we have lost so much of that support to apathy in the city itself.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kinky Gerbils said:
am i right in thinking the greens have picked up a few more votes and seats?

Surely this is bad?

They must be against falmer?

Not in Lewes. Actually I've just noticed the Lab vote in Newhaven isn't there. They came last with 177.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:
What is impressive to me is that we are seeing high percentage of people voting on a sole issue.

28% out of any snap poll in support of the Albion is extremely impressive when you consider that the Albion's best ever support in the great days was only about 18,000 which is way less than 28% of the city and surround population.

It just goes to show that when you galvanise people, if they are reasonable, regardless of their interest in football they see it as a great oppertunity for Sussex as a whole, its a shame we have lost so much of that support to apathy in the city itself.

Apparently that is about the same as the Valley Party got when Charlton were fighting for their stadium.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
After the returning count

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here