Good effort Roz

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fourteenth Eye said:
Well at least we beat the greens

well done Roz

Actually looking at that result again looks like we beat labour and the Tories as well! :clap:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That's actually extremely impressive if you understand what the Seagulls are ACTUALLY trying to prove.

I'm sure even our orange friends would admit that PROPORTIONALLY, that's an important and impressive REPRESENTATION.

On a lighter note, countrywide the unacceptable face of liberal democracy have had their arses kicked.

I know that many lib dems are possibly sympathetic towards us and other football clubs (Barnet in particular) but they should have been seen to put more pressure on the Lewes lot like the Brighton lib dems.

Personally, I take issue with a PPC Liberal Democrat in my brothers Sussex ward visiting him (after he contacted them regarding the stadium) and claiming to know NOTHING about the stadium or the club.

Within days their name was published in the matchday programme as one of those against.

leaned on ?

Well I've been "leaned on" over this and like many other Brighton supporters and my family will NEVER vote Lib Dem at local or national level.

The futures' Brighton and it definately ain't orange.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done Roz, she is now the main challenger to the LDC's ahead of the Tories and Labour :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
clapham_gull said:
Well I've been "leaned on" over this and like many other Brighton supporters and my family will NEVER vote Lib Dem at local or national level.

Exactly, I don't care to much for any level of politics, I only voted yesterday just to do my bit to help lose the Lib Dems seats! :salute:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bravo Roz - fantastic effort :bowdown:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Without taking anything away from Roz we should also be thanking the 262 voters who showed displeasure at the stance of Lewes District Council.

At the end of that day, that's what it all about.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
clapham_gull said:
Without taking anything away from Roz we should also be thanking the 262 voters who showed displeasure at the stance of Lewes District Council.

At the end of that day, that's what it all about.

I don't want to dampen spirits here, and I hope it's just a lack of understanding on my part.

But if in this election, no change has been made to LDC with regard to the seats they hold, does anyone really think their stance is going to change?

Given the evidence that has gone on before, I really can't see that LDC will be influenced in the slightest, and would just view this as a case of some Albion fans voting for the obvious whilst the electorate as a whole have delivered them the mandate to carry on as they are.

I'm not looking to play down the efforts of Roz et al which are, of course, tremendous.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bozza said:
But if in this election, no change has been made to LDC with regard to the seats they hold, does anyone really think their stance is going to change?

But, it has! They've lost 5 seats to the tories!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Bozza said:
I don't want to dampen spirits here, and I hope it's just a lack of understanding on my part.

Given the evidence that has gone on before, I really can't see that LDC will be influenced in the slightest, and would just view this as a case of some Albion fans voting for the obvious whilst the electorate as a whole have delivered them the mandate to carry on as they are.

I'm not looking to play down the efforts of Roz et al which are, of course, tremendous.

I know as a busy mod you wont have been able to read all other posts but the summary is:

Lib dems RETAIN control of council with a reduced majority (now 5 rather than 13)

3 members of the ruling cabinet have lost their seats (planning, chair of council and education/communities)

All the lib dems have suffered huge reductions in both vote and majorities

So no change of control, but definite change of emphasis required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here