Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He should sign for Brighton. That’s because I’m a Brighton fan and I want him to sign for us.

F knows what the best thing for him actually is though. That’s for him, his family, and his agent to decide. Hopefully Brighton can put a good case forward and all the finances line up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He would be foolish to look elsewhere, the club's reported as interested have poor records of playing youngsters. He has featured in almost every match when available since his introduction
Do they? I agree if you mean promoted youth players, but Liverpool regularly play Elliott (20), Bajetic (18), Jones (22), Carvalho (20), Gakpo (23), Nunez (23) and Trent A-A made his debut at 18. Man City play Gomez (22), Lewis (18), Palmer (20), Foden (22), Haaland (22) and Alvarez (23).

If these clubs buy young players for a big enough fee (and Colwill wouldn't be cheap) then they do play them if they're good enough.

The question is, does Colwill back himself to be good enough? If he does, he'll be off to one of those two sadly.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A decision for his agent, take a bigger pay day now and risk having his asset depreciate, or take a (assume still bigger than we would all earn in a year) payday, let his asset mature over a couple years and get a brucey bonus then.
I don't think we'd do his career any harm if he stayed for another season or 2.
Except for the fact that Southgate wouldn’t pick him. Because of the Palace connection, Guehi would always be preferred, even if injured and out of form.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Do they? I agree if you mean promoted youth players, but Liverpool regularly play Elliott (20), Bajetic (18), Jones (22), Carvalho (20), Gakpo (23), Nunez (23) and Trent A-A made his debut at 18. Man City play Gomez (22), Lewis (18), Palmer (20), Foden (22), Haaland (22) and Alvarez (23).

If these clubs buy young players for a big enough fee (and Colwill wouldn't be cheap) then they do play them if they're good enough.

The question is, does Colwill back himself to be good enough? If he does, he'll be off to one of those two sadly.
Regarding youngsters I was talking about U21's - Liverpool have given some starts to Elliott this season & Man City have played Foden over recent years but beyond that all these players have had established game time at a previous club yet have joined Liverpool/Man City and had drastically less action. Carvalho, Nunez, Gomez, Alvarez.

Playing 3/4 seasons and having 150+ games would be beneficial at the start of his career

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Regarding youngsters I was talking about U21's - Liverpool have given some starts to Elliott this season & Man City have played Foden over recent years but beyond that all these players have had established game time at a previous club yet have joined Liverpool/Man City and had drastically less action. Carvalho, Nunez, Gomez, Alvarez.

Playing 3/4 seasons and having 150+ games would be beneficial at the start of his career
Oh, I 100% agree on that front. Colwill would be far better served playing for a team that guarantees game-time. The problem I see is that if I were him, I'd back myself to force the issue at Liverpool. He has the potential to be better than all their current centre-backs (although probably not peak VVD) and other than Dias, he could definitely be a better player than Aké (if he isn't already) at City

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh, I 100% agree on that front. Colwill would be far better served playing for a team that guarantees game-time. The problem I see is that if I were him, I'd back myself to force the issue at Liverpool. He has the potential to be better than all their current centre-backs (although probably not peak VVD) and other than Dias, he could definitely be a better player than Aké (if he isn't already) at City
Ake has been pretty good on what games I’ve seen him this season

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
It depends if he comes here on the basis to improve and move on. Which I wouldn’t blame him, is he good enough to be a starter for Liverpool or City now? I don’t think so.
Are we not at the point where if a player is not good enough for them then that player is not good enough for us either?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Many clubs will favour experience over ability and I think Colwill would struggle to play at both Man City or Liverpool. It would be very similar if he were to stay at Chelsea...therefore his choices are stay at Chelsea or move somewhere different and Man City/Liverpool seems a foolish move, if he backs his own ability than staying at Chelsea is the most sensible option

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Why did White go back to Brighton? He wasn’t good enough to play there right? Bielsa ball was so special! Too many defenders already in the club like Dunk, Duffy, Webster, Burn, Veltman plus bound to sign more right? Brighton didn’t play many youngsters at that time! Should have stayed with Leeds where he played every game and had friends right? Even if Leeds offered less than other clubs he won’t be interested in wages and the club won’t mind the fee. Just makes sense if you think about it right?

Thread sounds familiar.

I’ll just be crossing my fingers very, very tightly

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Many clubs will favour experience over ability and I think Colwill would struggle to play at both Man City or Liverpool. It would be very similar if he were to stay at Chelsea...therefore his choices are stay at Chelsea or move somewhere different and Man City/Liverpool seems a foolish move, if he backs his own ability than staying at Chelsea is the most sensible option
I think you're right there. I suppose that's where the "Chelsea are as mad as a bag of cats" piece may play a role. I suspect he's looking to leave Chelsea because even though he's already their player, they decided that rather than give him a shot, they spent over £200m on Fofana (£80m), Badiashile (£35m), Koulibaly (£40m) and Cucurella (snigger - £65m).

Having confidence in your ability is one thing, having confidence in Chelsea making a sound decision is wildly different.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014

Colwill was loving it today - on the pitch lapping it up with the boys at FT and in this video... Staying??

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why did White go back to Brighton? He wasn’t good enough to play there right? Bielsa ball was so special! Too many defenders already in the club like Dunk, Duffy, Webster, Burn, Veltman plus bound to sign more right? Brighton didn’t play many youngsters at that time! Should have stayed with Leeds where he played every game and had friends right? Even if Leeds offered less than other clubs he won’t be interested in wages and the club won’t mind the fee. Just makes sense if you think about it right?

Thread sounds familiar.

I’ll just be crossing my fingers very, very tightly
On the subject of Leeds - reeder their fans laughing at our club saying we didn’t want to sell to a direct rival… I guess this and last season they were right in the end 🤣

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Im not having that the left sided centre back who played for Chelsea is a better player than Levi and they payed how much for him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here