Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'd send him back now. We don't need him, we're developing a player for Chelsea's benefit and I'm totally against it. He doesn't see a future here and we can't make any money from him so it's a no from me. Play Webster and JPVH ahead of him and bring through younger players ahead of him too.
We have 14, possibly 15 games to play between now and the end of the season which is 3 or 4 games more than most other Premier League sides.
To not utilise Colwill would be madness.
It will be all hands to the pump in the next few weeks.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The Potter news can only help us to get him surely?
It might make our slim chance of keeping him slightly less slim. A new Chelsea manager may have no relationship with him, not much knowledge of his game, and may want to bring in their own players.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I personally think we shouldn't fear a situation where we purchase a player with a buy back option. I think it could be a way to go.

I get the point that it removes control from us, and it's a bit of a noddy thing to do. But I suppose, we have to recognise that if we are negotiating with Chelsea to buy this player, we are the weaker party in this negotiation.

If we could put a deal together like, we buy him for £30m, Chelsea get first refusal at say £45m 2 years later, yes we lose control of the situation, but we get the player for two years and either Chelsea buy him back for a £15m profit or they don't and we keep him on a long term deal.

Even another loan, would buy us time to get one of our promising young left centre backs a year in the Champ to see if they will be able to step up.
Totally agree, we already broke the mould by getting him in as a first team loanee and that I believe was to get a good look at him. TB has a financial plan but he is also an astute business man who will know when to follow instinct rather than the 'rule'

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I was of the opinion that we should – if possible – buy him and he would have already been through the 'bedding in' period. However, if RDZ has the option of bringing in someone he's worked with before – who might be a (relative) unknown to us – it would be less of an issue. As ever, I'm excited to see who comes in during the window, regardless of any departures.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
“Brighton are also set to join the race to sign Colwill on a permanent basis if he becomes available this summer, and hope to be able to offer him European football.”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He may (will) get more money elsewhere but he’s likely to get much more game time here. Bit of a no brainer to me as he’s still young but the lure of the money may well override that :shrug:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He may (will) get more money elsewhere but he’s likely to get much more game time here. Bit of a no brainer to me as he’s still young but the lure of the money may well override that :shrug:
He would be foolish to look elsewhere, the club's reported as interested have poor records of playing youngsters. He has featured in almost every match when available since his introduction

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Once you’ve tried Dezerbi Ball, why would you want anything else?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It makes so much sense that they'd sell him given they want to maximise value on academy graduates for FFP. If it's conceivable they'd sell Gallagher, Chalobah and Mount then it has to be conceivable that they'd consider selling him, especially given two if their recent signings are left footed defenders.
Guess it just depends how serious the big boys are- he'd walk into the Liverpool team so not sure the lack of minutes thing will be the issue.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
It makes so much sense that they'd sell him given they want to maximise value on academy graduates for FFP. If it's conceivable they'd sell Gallagher, Chalobah and Mount then it has to be conceivable that they'd consider selling him, especially given two if their recent signings are left footed defenders.
Guess it just depends how serious the big boys are- he'd walk into the Liverpool team so not sure the lack of minutes thing will be the issue.

The issue with Liverpool is they need to overhaul their midfield this summer and that won’t be cheap.

They’ve already said they’re out of the rubbing for Bellingham because of the cost.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
This is where the club allowing players to move on at the right time may help us. Levi is still only 20 and he may see signing with us as an opportunity to develop (at the top level, on a good wage, with a manager he trusts) for a year or two before making a big leap to a UCL club.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
A decision for his agent, take a bigger pay day now and risk having his asset depreciate, or take a (assume still bigger than we would all earn in a year) payday, let his asset mature over a couple years and get a brucey bonus then.
I don't think we'd do his career any harm if he stayed for another season or 2.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He's a bright boy and very confident in his own ability as told to me by someone who's known him for years. When he first joined Chelsea as a young kid and then in subsequent years after as he grew up, he was advised by some close to him to join a 'smaller' club where he might have more of a chance making it but he's always backed himself to break through.

That's why I always thought he would stay at Chelsea but if they are going to pursue selling him for FFP reasons, from what I've been told, I wouldn't be surprised if he backed himself to make it into the first team at Liverpool or City very quickly. Either way, I think it's going to be a difficult signing for us to pull off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Levi will need to put his international dreams on hold, if he wants to stay here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here