Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Levi Colwill *Signed on Season-Long Loan 05/08/2022*

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes. I get that. But why do you assume Bloom/ Barber will fold here ?

I don't assume it! There may of course be some point at which they think a degree of compromise is acceptable, that's negotiation - but it would have to be a level of compromise that suited the Albion, of course.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
don't think the buy back works for us, he has a great start to season and gets picked by England for world Cup plays well and Chelsea can buy him back at start of Jan for say 50m ( quoted fee) and then sell him towards end of window for £80m

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

The buy back clauses will vary according to the agreement between the clubs, but I'm pretty sure I read that often there is a two year period before the buyback option can be activated.

So in the circumstances you outline, we would then have the option to sell him next summer to whoever for £80m ... or keep him and hope Chelsea aren't interested by then. For example they might be well stocked in that position

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If his Chelsea deal is 'only' £100k / week, then he absolutely WILL be sacking his agent.

Too right. Don't forget, he has to pay his agent as part of this, not to mention any supportive journalists who unofficially act as part of their little team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1555211276833415174[/tweet]

Loan agreed apparently ? Hmmmm

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it is just a loan and not a loan with an obligation to buy I will be interested to see how the club spin it to us :smile:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'm wondering if we've agreed to a loan deal, if that turns out to be what it is, so we can get him integrated with the squad as quickly as possible while we continue to negotiate the terms of the permanent transfer. A loan deal can be turn permanent at any time, it doesn't have to be done during a transfer window (we did this when we signed Tim Krul from Newcastle, the permanent deal was agreed a few days after the window closed).

This would take some of the pressure off us to complete the deal asap, of course it could backfire if he has a storming start to the season and Chelsea no longer want to sell or shove a few more million on the asking price. Hopefully though knowing our Tony a lot of those things will already be agreed and we are just trying to sort out the finer details.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm wondering if we've agreed to a loan deal, if that turns out to be what it is, so we can get him integrated with the squad as quickly as possible while we continue to negotiate the terms of the permanent transfer. A loan deal can be turn permanent at any time, it doesn't have to be done during a transfer window (we did this when we signed Tim Krul from Newcastle, the permanent deal was agreed a few days after the window closed).
It could be something like this, a bit like when Mooy joined perhaps.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A loan with the option to buy would be the best solution since the coaches can take a close look at the player before deciding to splash a lot of money.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not bothered about the occasional loan as a pragmatic means to an end.

We clearly need both a high quality left back and a left sided central defender to replace Cucu. If the finances or availability are a problem this summer then perhaps 1 has to be a loan. Spreading the available purchase cash over 2 players maybe compromises the quality of both.

Anyway, que sera sera.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
[tweet]1555211276833415174[/tweet]

Loan agreed apparently ? Hmmmm

Their follow up retweets Romano as proof. He seems to have been the source of all the false reporting yesterday. Throughout this he just seems to have been posting whatever Cucurella's agent has leaked to him. It isn't clear whether he's been extrapolating from the info given to him and jumping the gun to get clicks or whether the agent has repeatedly given him just one side of the story. I don't think either of them have won any friends at the Albion, but then if you're an agent representing only one player or an internet rumour monger I don't suppose having any friends at our club would help you anyway.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've not read this entire thread (yeah I'm lazy). Is there any suggestion Colwill wants to come here?

I'd like somebody like Lamptey who has a bit about him, and who isn't afraid to leave the comforting arms (and wages) of an aspiring European Super League club like Chelsea in the hope of getting regular first team football.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Romano says he’s not been given a squad number by Chelsea ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Levi Colwill

Romano says he’s not been given a squad number by Chelsea ?

Being saved for Palace?

https://tbrfootball.com/crystal-palace-pushing-hard-to-sign-chelsea-defender-levi-colwill/?amp

They do EXACTLY what they are told by Chelsea. Whether it’s turning young Gallagher into a top 6 player for their masters or excepting a horrific buy-back clause for Guehi, they (along with Southampton) are the preferred destination for the development of young Chelsea players.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Being saved for Palace?

https://tbrfootball.com/crystal-palace-pushing-hard-to-sign-chelsea-defender-levi-colwill/?amp

They do EXACTLY what they are told by Chelsea. Whether it’s turning young Gallagher into a top 6 player for their masters or excepting a horrific buy-back clause for Guehi, they (along with Southampton) are the preferred destination for the development of young Chelsea players.

So what is the horrific buy back clause for guehi then ?
I was under the impression they could match the highest offer we receive for him which is entirely different.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So what is the horrific buy back clause for guehi then ?
I was under the impression they could match the highest offer we receive for him which is entirely different.

We’ll start the bidding at £1m! If Chelsea match that, he goes back home.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We’ll start the bidding at £1m! If Chelsea match that, he goes back home.

First acceptable bid . We won’t negotiate with uncle Tony , far too risky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here