Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's take a stand against the Withdean Moaners

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's a bit worrying that Lord Gus has felt the need to make a comment on the negativity coming from the stands afetr the Bournmouth game..

We are top of the league, take away some very weak reffing, and we could be alomst out of range of the rest. Add a goalscorer to play with Murray, and we could be very nearly be on a 100% league record.

The main problem is the lack of singing and atmosphere at withdean, means that these few f***ing twats can be heard.

If you don't like the way we play football either f*** off, or shut up and put up with it. Enough of us have put up with watching shit over the past few years. If we were bottom you might have a point, but we are clear at the top, and with a bit of luck could be in the championship as early as late winter, so FFS shut up with your f***ing moaning and whining.

I seriously think if we were in Chelsea's position in 2 years time, these same few twats would still moan. And that's the point, it is only a few. Next time one of them does it near you, turn round and tell the soppy fucker to shut up or f*** off. You'll have 99.9% of the crowd with you. Some silly old **** in C block is going to get it at the next home game aswell, if he chrips up again. I've had enough of them, and if the manager brings it up, its obviosuly a problem to him, and I'm not letting these vermin drive the best manager we've had in a generation out of the club. Let them have it in front of everyone, and drive them back into their caves.

Gus, please ignore them. THe are idiots of the highest order, who no doubt have ever played football beyond their back gardens. Their opinion should have 0% effect on you or the players.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
with a bit of luck could be in the championship as early as late winter

While I 100% agree with and endorse the general message of your post, I have to say I think the part I have quoted is utterly utterly ridiculous.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This would all be very well if it were one or two people who could easily be told to do one by everyone else. However, in F block yesterday at one point I honestly felt I was in a minority by not booing. It's not quite so easy to "take a stand" when dozens of people are abusing the league leaders around you.
You should be used to being in a minority with most of your views.

For reasons of safety you are excluded from this exercise. Don't really want to give anyone "an excuse":p

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a bit worrying that Lord Gus has felt the need to make a comment on the negativity coming from the stands afetr the Bournmouth game..

We are top of the league, take away some very weak reffing, and we could be alomst out of range of the rest. Add a goalscorer to play with Murray, and we could be very nearly be on a 100% league record.

The main problem is the lack of singing and atmosphere at withdean, means that these few f***ing twats can be heard.

If you don't like the way we play football either f*** off, or shut up and put up with it. Enough of us have put up with watching shit over the past few years. If we were bottom you might have a point, but we are clear at the top, and with a bit of luck could be in the championship as early as late winter, so FFS shut up with your f***ing moaning and whining.

I seriously think if we were in Chelsea's position in 2 years time, these same few twats would still moan. And that's the point, it is only a few. Next time one of them does it near you, turn round and tell the soppy fucker to shut up or f*** off. You'll have 99.9% of the crowd with you. Some silly old **** in C block is going to get it at the next home game aswell, if he chrips up again. I've had enough of them, and if the manager brings it up, its obviosuly a problem to him, and I'm not letting these vermin drive the best manager we've had in a generation out of the club. Let them have it in front of everyone, and drive them back into their caves.

Gus, please ignore them. THe are idiots of the highest order, who no doubt have ever played football beyond their back gardens. Their opinion should have 0% effect on you or the players.

Top post. It's such a shame Gus has come out and said something about these idiots too and a shame it could be easily heard on Sky and the commentators picked up on it too... I love the fact Elph and El-Abd have changed their games so much and have the confidence to knock it around and wait for the right pass to come up.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Quality post, we need to shame these dickheads into shutting up. If we eventually lose poyet because he thinks "why do I bother" I'll be livid.

You don't hear that much of it where I sit in J block, there was last season but they seemed to have stopped, there's more of it at the other end of the ground I think.

I just don't understand what's wrong with these people, how can you possible think hoofing it forwards is better than what we do now. I want to sit in D or E block for a match just to give these twats an earful and give a bit of support to the dugout

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm sure the 3k that go to Charlton next week will make their feelings known as to what the majority of fans think of the football we're playing at the moment

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm sure the 3k that go to Charlton next week will make their feelings known as to what the majority of fans think of the football we're playing at the moment

:thumbsup: True.

It does seem at Withers a lot of the twats sit right behind the dugout :facepalm: which is infuriating.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Top post agree - same old idiots in E block with the same moan 'GET IT FORWARD' - surely as relative intelligent people they must be able to tell the difference from the way we are playing now against the percentage football tactics of Adams second time around - which would have taken us down! We are top of the league lost only 1 game in first 11 and if we get into the championship we are going to have play football to have any chance of survival so best to get players playing the right way and enjoying their football. The style of football will also attract better players as it already doing with the likes of Kish coming in and doing a absolutely terrific job - we are now known as a footballing team. Grow up guys and get behind Gus. looking forward to a terrific atmosphere at Charlton next week!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I sit in D Block, and while I was thinking 'Jesus, I don't want to sit around these moany ignorant twats...', it appears a fair whack of the ground had its fair-share of moany ignorant twats, so moving would have been futile.

In fact, can we have a Moany Ignorant Twat section at Falmer?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I sit on the edge of blocks C and D so can hear moans from both.

I do try and shout sarcastic things like "Stop keeping the ball and just kick it forward and give it away".

But some people are BEYOND help.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I do try and shout sarcastic things like "Stop keeping the ball and just kick it forward and give it away".

Do you think these people can't see that if Elph / El-Abd just tried to make a forward pass when it wasn't on we'd lose the ball and invite pressure on ourselves?!

I could sit and watch us knock it around the back line for 10 / 15 mins of every game - i actually love watching it. It's so different to previous years hoofball and give it away.

Richie - Have you noticed (as a centre back yourself) just how WIDE El-Abd and Elphs drop when passing it accross the line - it's quite amazing positionally especially given how these 2 used to play. If the opposition has 1 striker our CBs create space instantly by spreading so wide. A great basis to launch an attack from - When the time is right and the pass is on!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yeah Sheebs. By splitting so much they allow Calderon to bomb on by essentially filling his role. I lost count of the number of times Calderon popped up almost right wing. All down to the positioning of El Abd and Elphick.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah Sheebs. By splitting so much they allow Calderon to bomb on by essentially filling his role. I lost count of the number of times Calderon popped up almost right wing. All down to the positioning of El Abd and Elphick.

:thumbsup: There ya go NSC - someone who understands football

Shame it can't be said for all following some of the posts about us keeping the ball...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What frustrates me Sheebo is that the same people sitting and moaning about it probably wet themselves watching Arsenal or Chelsea doing similar (albeit a bit quiker) on Match of the Day.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What frustrates me Sheebo is that the same people sitting and moaning about it probably wet themselves watching Arsenal or Chelsea doing similar (albeit a bit quiker) on Match of the Day.

Yep probably. I love the fact we were called the lg 1 Arsenal before :thumbsup:

Poyet / Tano have clearly brainwashed our players and it's GREAT.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton

Never agreed with a post more then this one on here!

The moaners are pissing me off big time!

We're top of the league ffs

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
It's not the 1st time this has happened, even during the success of the early Withdean years under Adams we had it. McGhee had it big time during the 2003/2004 season even though he got us to Cardiff. Those idiots that boo have probably never kicked a ball in their life and expect every game to be played like the premiership. They should remember how early it is in the season and what position were in.
You can't score without the ball so if we keep it they can't score. SIMPLE
It may not always be pretty knocking the ball around until we get an opening but it won Italy a world cup.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

I think the players heard you yesterday.:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here