Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's take a stand against the Withdean Moaners

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
oh i love this post and want to stick it right up the moaning ( young ) man who sits behind me, constantly shouting for the ball to go forward... an older man in front told him to " shut up " yesterday.... but he says he knows what he's talking about... how i want to tell him to shut the f... up but coming from a middle aged woman ( who adores gus and his style of play ) may not be quite the thing.......
how i hope he reads this on here today,,,, he is such a tosser and moans the entire game, spoiling it for everyone else.:thumbsup:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Top post, Mr Burns
We had one near us at the top of G. In the end we were just taking the piss out of him.
This may be the way, to get the message through. Everyone was joining in with the piss taking.
I'm REALLY disappointed that Gus heard it, and had to comment on it. He's worked wonders with this team, and we are seeing fantastic football.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just to balance things up a little..........

I'm old...........and while I find the passing game 'interesting', I don't find it 'exciting'. For old fellas like me, it takes time to get used to the 'new' way forward.

For the first 55 minutes yesterday, the game was intriguing, interesting, absorbing and comfortable..........but it wasn't exciting. I fully understand that this is the way football (if you're going to be successful) is played these days. Just give us time to adjust.

Thankfully, although I was a bit frustrated just before Lua Lua's goal, I did manage to keep my mouth firmly SHUT...LOL..!

Of course us old fellas should no better, as we remember Mike Bailey, who managed to get Brighton to be their most succesful back in the early 80's in the old First Division with a similar game plan. Unfortunately, he was way ahead of his time. The crowds dropped alarmingly as they were bored with the football on display........and Bailey was sacked. The result was entertaining football brought back by Jimmy Melia, an FA Cup final appearance...............and relegation...!

In conclusion, as has already been mentioned by many posters on here, the Albion fanbase is an ageing one. Rather than tell all us old 'uns to 'Shut the F**k up', just give 'em a break, a quiet word will do...(louder if we're hard of hearing)....we'll all get there in the end.

For me, after all the turmoils of the last 13-14 years, I'm happy to sacrifice a bit of excitement in exchange for a healthy and long-lasting future for the Albion.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
People who moan are ignorant, impatient douches who don't understand football.

Pass it round, find the gaps, exploit them, top of the league.
Where were we under Slade? Near the bottom at this time...So please, the people who moan, shut the eff up, now.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Glory hunters, should be made to watch videos of our past season performances prior to being able to purchase tickets.

I am loving the way we play right now and in true Brighton & Hove Albion style I am waiting for the wheels to come off, however I am developing a great believe Gus and his ways.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Top post Burns, couldn't agree more. Everybody should tell these complete idiots to shut the f*ck up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I'm old...........and while I find the passing game 'interesting', I don't find it 'exciting'. For old fellas like me, it takes time to get used to the 'new' way forward.

For the first 55 minutes yesterday, the game was intriguing, interesting, absorbing and comfortable..........but it wasn't exciting. I fully understand that this is the way football (if you're going to be successful) is played these days. Just give us time to adjust.

Thankfully, although I was a bit frustrated just before Lua Lua's goal, I did manage to keep my mouth firmly SHUT...LOL..!

Of course us old fellas should no better, as we remember Mike Bailey, who managed to get Brighton to be their most succesful back in the early 80's in the old First Division with a similar game plan. Unfortunately, he was way ahead of his time. The crowds dropped alarmingly as they were bored with the football on display........and Bailey was sacked. The result was entertaining football brought back by Jimmy Melia, an FA Cup final appearance...............and relegation...!

In conclusion, as has already been mentioned by many posters on here, the Albion fanbase is an ageing one. Rather than tell all us old 'uns to 'Shut the F**k up', just give 'em a break, a quiet word will do...(louder if we're hard of hearing)....we'll all get there in the end.

For me, after all the turmoils of the last 13-14 years, I'm happy to sacrifice a bit of excitement in exchange for a healthy and long-lasting future for the Albion.

Fair points, and I was thinking about Mike Bailey when the moaners were commented upon.

I go back to my original point about Alan Durban saying that the crowds demand entertainment, not skill.

there will always be people that moan even if we are top and looking good..... fact is yesterday we were done by a team who stifled our game and needed a thug who got away with 2 red card offences and needed an incompetant ref and linesman to snatch an undeserved penalty equaliser......!!!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's happened every game i've been to so far and i'm sitting in the north.The moans and shouting when Elphick and El-Abd knock it around at the back will always be there i'm affraid.The cluless lot want to see it lumped up the other end and straight into the opposition keepers arms.That's what normally happens.
I could also feel myself getting really wound up over it.I'm sure Elphick and Adam can hear t.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Sitting in H and hearing people yell "HIT IT FORWARD" and booing at our new style really confuses me.

I'm proud of the fact we've got a back 3 that allow our full backs to run up, and who are a) good enough and b) confident enough to hold it till a good pass opens up.

Even El-Abds awful back pass didn't look quite so bad (although it was at the other end of the ground).

Our two CB's are like new men. :bowdown:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I find it hard to remember a Brighton side that conceded so few goals...surely that is something to cheer about...but not for all, apparently!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
there will always be people that moan even if we are top and looking good..... fact is yesterday we were done by a team who stifled our game and needed a thug who got away with 2 red card offences and needed an incompetant ref and linesman to snatch an undeserved penalty equaliser......!!!!
Exactly. On the last few seasons form, surely a higher mid table finish would have been acceptable this season, taking in account we have a young manger starting his first full season in charge.

The fact we are clear at the top of the league, and on early evidence looks like we could pull away from the pack, why are there so many moaning idiots in the stand.

Seriously if you don like it go away.

Go any support someone like Orient. They're in the bottom 4, so there must be plenty to moan about there.

Or if you are told to shut up next game, explain to everyone around your view or better still just :shutup:

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
It's a bit worrying that Lord Gus has felt the need to make a comment on the negativity coming from the stands afetr the Bournmouth game..

We are top of the league, take away some very weak reffing, and we could be alomst out of range of the rest. Add a goalscorer to play with Murray, and we could be very nearly be on a 100% league record.

The main problem is the lack of singing and atmosphere at withdean, means that these few f***ing twats can be heard.

If you don't like the way we play football either f*** off, or shut up and put up with it. Enough of us have put up with watching shit over the past few years. If we were bottom you might have a point, but we are clear at the top, and with a bit of luck could be in the championship as early as late winter, so FFS shut up with your f***ing moaning and whining.

I seriously think if we were in Chelsea's position in 2 years time, these same few twats would still moan. And that's the point, it is only a few. Next time one of them does it near you, turn round and tell the soppy fucker to shut up or f*** off. You'll have 99.9% of the crowd with you. Some silly old **** in C block is going to get it at the next home game aswell, if he chrips up again. I've had enough of them, and if the manager brings it up, its obviosuly a problem to him, and I'm not letting these vermin drive the best manager we've had in a generation out of the club. Let them have it in front of everyone, and drive them back into their caves.

Gus, please ignore them. THe are idiots of the highest order, who no doubt have ever played football beyond their back gardens. Their opinion should have 0% effect on you or the players.

What he said, top post.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Do you find being at the top of the table exciting?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Top post

Some t**t sitting behind us was moaning about the boring negative passing the ball between the defenders and the keeper and how we should be surging forward as soon as we get the ball. The next time we had the ball Elphick tried a long pass to Lua Lua and the same idiot shouted for him to stop hoofing it forward. Elphick and El-Abd work the ball until space is created and then we pass our way forwards, its simple, its not always pretty but when it works it leads to creation of goal chances.

When a couple of people near us booed it really pi**ed a lot of us off, we are top of the league, we are now hard to beat, we have a good squad yet some people expect us to be world beaters and winning every game 4 or 5 nil and every match to be free flowing sexy football. If our players were all that good and could do what Gus wants every time they would not be playing in our division.

Gus is getting the best out of some limited footballers and I love it. We need to drown out the moaners as if we play as Gus wants us to play we have a chance of getting out of this division.

I sit at the front of D Block and we try and sing to drown out the moans, not always easy when the game aint great, but that is when the team needs the support.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Every time I hear "Forward" or "Too Him" I can't help thinking of Corporal Jones in Dad's Army. I really do expect "They don't like it up 'em" to be the very next utterance as our two former hoofers (Kebab and Elf) stroke it round at the back.

On Saturday in D there were a few of us who couldn't keep a lid on it any longer and started to answer the moaners back. Mostly it was good humoured sarcasm but I can imagine someone telling someone else to f*** right off pretty soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here