Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's take a stand against the Withdean Moaners

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Some people are simply never happy.

Under Slade, Adams etc we were functional but by and large horrible to watch. People want flowing football.

Under Poyet we are playing flowing fluent patient football but because its not being thundered forward people are unhappy.

I am not one of these people.

Is there any way we can actually address something to the club and Gus to say thanks for getting us to where we are? Thanks for putting us at the top of the league? Thanks for treating us to glorious passing football? Thanks for treating us to the likes of Calderon, Lua Lua and bringing the best out of Bennett, Elphick and El-Abd?

Top post Mr. B.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Top post, Mr Burns
We had one near us at the top of G. In the end we were just taking the piss out of him.
This may be the way, to get the message through. Everyone was joining in with the piss taking.
I'm REALLY disappointed that Gus heard it, and had to comment on it. He's worked wonders with this team, and we are seeing fantastic football.

It's been mentioned in nearly every match-report in the papers, too. The answer, surely, is to drown out the moaning cunts with some noise of our own. Withdean needs to become Fortress Withdean for this final season. Let's sing, support and get behind the boys so noisily that the twats' digs will be a mere murmur.
:albion2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I sit in the middle of D, and theres some miserable old duffer who sits a row or two behind me, sounds like he goes along with his young son. While El Abd and Elf were passing it around at the back, he came out with this pearl of wisdom:

"Nobody ever scored a goal by going backwards. Get the ball FORWARD Elphick".

It was at this point I started my "yeah lets start LUMPING it forward lads, come on, hoof down the channels, lets see if we can win a throw-in". A guy in front of me was just shaking his head in bemusement at the negativity, he turned round and said "unbelievable isn't it ?"

I am embarrassed and saddened that Gus has noticed these boneheads. They need shouting down, and SHARPISH.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I just want to hear a deafening ‘There’s only one Gus Poyet’ and 'Gus Poyet’s Blue and White Army’ on Sat!!

I sit in the middle of D, and theres some miserable old duffer who sits a row or two behind me, sounds like he goes along with his young son. While El Abd and Elf were passing it around at the back, he came out with this pearl of wisdom:

"Nobody ever scored a goal by going backwards. Get the ball FORWARD Elphick".

It was at this point I started my "yeah lets start LUMPING it forward lads, come on, hoof down the channels, lets see if we can win a throw-in". A guy in front of me was just shaking his head in bemusement at the negativity, he turned round and said "unbelievable isn't it ?"

I am embarrassed and saddened that Gus has noticed these boneheads. They need shouting down, and SHARPISH.

to be fair you cant score by going backwards???can you:wink:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
To be fairer, the oppostion cant score if they dont have the ball can they?:wave:

And to answer you're question, you are completely wrong, loads of goals are scored from passes going backwards. How many corners have you seen when the ball is kicked forward, or have you never seen a goal scored from a cross via a corner. Every corner is a pass backwards, so stick that one in your pipe and :shutup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

No, but you can move the opposition around, eventually create space and opportunities to go forward WITHOUT resorting to a hit and hope. Some of our breaks were delightful, just one pass through the middle, a clever lay-off from murray and we're away.

But instead we get the comments like "get it forward!" and another favourite of the old duffer: "We're not WINNING you know" - in other words, hit the panic button and start lumping it quick for christs sake.

I LOVE the patience Gus has instilled in the side. Its pass, pass, pass until we eventually wear sides down and score. It might take an hour or more, but eventually our quality usually tells. Its a fabulous brand of football, and you have to be some kind of FLID not to enjoy watching it.

Its highly unusual to see it at this level, but it HAS been done...who remembers Fulhams rise up the leagues under Keegan and Tigana ? (OK micky actually started it by getting them out of the 4th, but those two instilled the exciting passing game that swept them from the 3rd division to the Prem, abeit with more spent on the team).
Its THE way to play.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No one WON anything by passing the ball. FACT.

How I YEARN for the Adams days of a centre back at left midfield. Dean White barking instructions. Hoofing it up to the "big man".

We are going backwards I tell you. BACKWARD.

POOyet OUT.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I for one long for the days of Slade White and Booker on the sidelines looking like they've just finished off a large fish and chips.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Do you find being at the top of the table exciting?

Not exciting, no.

Makes me very, very, very happy tho...LOL..!

'Excitement' and crowd reaction these days, unfortunately, is often down to how atrocious the referee is...........so plenty of excitement there, this season.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.

What worries me more is if the first seed of doubt has entered his head and he starts thinking 'hang on a minute,the fans here are a bunch of backward mutant inbreds,i'm off asap'.
The new fans at Amex can't arrive quick enough imo.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I have made comments before vs fans who speaking shit and when you make a comment against the muppet they tend to always back down, as havent got the security of a computer screen.
I swear if we dont do something to get some of these fans out of our club they could ruin the club, i swear they think the club is there's, i heard some people moaning at a game.
These two lads said oh shut up, then a few of these lads in little group started saying did you come when we at Gillingham ? what has that got to do with it.
These people are paying to come and support Albion, do they want Brighton to have a fan base of about 2000 which is what Gillingham used to be at times.
I went a fair few times to Gillingham and years id much prefer to forget, i think its great seeing new fans come through door and we need a lot more if we want to start moving up in our reputation states as a club.
I just find sooo sad last point that most of the game these muppets seem to enjoy the most is winding the stewards up or moaning about Holyroyd or however spell it.
We dont need these fans as negative and not helping the club, id be happy as if come and saw them all gone, yes would be noticed at Withdean as maybe be a friendly and fun place to go then, yes no stupid songs, maybe songs all be sung together like at most away games.
But at Falmer as said on other posts these fans will not be heard and i reckon these fans are dreading the move to Falmer as Get along gang (dont know if seen show) cant get bonding sessions seem unable to get outside of football and North Stand chat.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Having moved to Brighton 5 years ago, I've started taking my young kids (4 & 6) to games over the past 2 seasons. To be honest, I wouldn't bother if the team weren't playing the football they play. I've been hooked in completely because of it. How can you go from relegation contenders through one style of play, then 18months later head the league with a new style and complain about the new style of play? Even if it's not your cup of tea, and you would rather see a more direct approach, come on, the results speak for themselves surely!?:thumbsup:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
For God's sake, don't moan about the moaners on a matchday.

When they start, just sing Gus songs. Drowns out the moans + creates a better atmosphere = WIN.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I see the sado's not made comments on a lot of these posts, maybe they seen that all negative comments at games and on here having a possible negative end product at club.
Or maybe they feel havent got there little computer pack of friends backing them up, be good to come and use North Stand chat and actually chat about football in postiive manner or constructive criticism

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh get over yourselves.

There will always be a section of people who have a different opinion to you...I take it you all remember the West Stand at the Goldstone the amount moaning from which I have never seen since. Has anyone been to west ham as a "home fan"? you wouldn't believe the negativity.

If Gus takes exception to people expressing an opinion, he is in the wrong job.

And what is all this bullshit about peopel coming to Falmer and not moaning....the initial " this stadium is fecking fantastic" will soon wear off if the team are getting dicked every week. This is just the way football fans are. One minute the team are the greatest thing since sliced bread ( the Man City game) and the next, they are totally shite ( the mansfield game).

People pay their money and are entitled to whinge if they want...the trick is to either ignore them, engage them in conversation or batter them with a wet haddock....that is your choice.

..and garethjames...wind your kneck in

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh get over yourselves.

There will always be a section of people who have a different opinion to you...I take it you all remember the West Stand at the Goldstone the amount moaning from which I have never seen since. Has anyone been to west ham as a "home fan"? you wouldn't believe the negativity.

If Gus takes exception to people expressing an opinion, he is in the wrong job.

And what is all this bullshit about peopel coming to Falmer and not moaning....the initial " this stadium is fecking fantastic" will soon wear off if the team are getting dicked every week. This is just the way football fans are. One minute the team are the greatest thing since sliced bread ( the Man City game) and the next, they are totally shite ( the mansfield game).

People pay their money and are entitled to whinge if they want...the trick is to either ignore them, engage them in conversation or batter them with a wet haddock....that is your choice.

..and garethjames...wind your kneck in

and yet you are criticising people whinging about the people whinging while defending the people's right to whinge!? :facepalm::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here