Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's have some respect for McGhee

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some of the recent anti-McGhee comments on this board are well out of order.

Whether or not you think he should remain as manager remember this:

1. He gave us the best day out since 1991 and got us promoted.
2. He kept us up against the odds last seasons.
3. He has not walked away from this club, like the 4 big names before him.
4. He's brought in money to the club from player trading.

The club is no worse off now than when he took over. We're closer to Falmer than we were then and we've got great kids coming through. Few managers could have kept things afloat during these 3 troubled seasons like he has.

Whatever happens to him in the future he'll have my respect.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
[EDITED] OK fair point, he is a great man but probably could have done more to help us, dick's fault too though

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I agree with most of that, but you must agree his substitutions have been at best odd and at worst inept

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Large One said:
Looking at the first reply, that much is evident.

Be fair, it does say rather a lot about the person that posted it. Not exactly a carefully contructed piece it it ?

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Pavilionaire said:

The club is no worse off now than when he took over. We're closer to Falmer than we were then and we've got great kids coming through. Few managers could have kept things afloat during these 3 troubled seasons like he has.

What a great post :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dies Irae said:
I agree with most of that, but you must agree his substitutions have been at best odd and at worst inept

haven't seen it discussed but WTF Carole in the 92nd minute ? If it was so we'd get a corner and he'd take it and put quality in the box.... then he got half of it right

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
mcghee is a top bloke and has worked bloody wonders in the last three years. I cant understand how anyone can believe that with a different manager we would be a comfortable mid table championship club. The fact of the matter is we are punching well above our weight and that is thanks to Dick and McGheezer. If we are averaging 15,000 at Falmer and are still the wrong end of the championship/league one then and only then will people have reason to complain.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ok fair point here are 4 why I do not:

1) Training is a joke. Once a week. Seb said that he wishes Brighton had a professional football team. This is evident at our lack of set piece creativity, fitness of players, our GLUT of forwards ability to miss a cows arse with a banjo etc etc

2) Falling out with players. List is growing and if its true with regards to a model professional like Reid then something isn't right.

3) Constant playing of players out of position. Byrne on saturday " I have known El Abd since he was a lad and he aint no right midfielder" being the latest.

4) Tactics. Ok we are short of a striker, and a left back. So change the tactics to accomodate this. Two fairly 'lightweight' midfielders on the wing aint gonna work.

In fact I hate McGhee more than I ever hated Lloyd or Hinsh or even Wood.

Last edited:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
He's got my respect.

Walking out on Millwall and then leading BHA gallantly to relegation. Legend.

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Pavilionaire said:

Have to say good post! In my drunken state on sat night I went on a rant about Mr McGhee, however what you say is true. But I would say I am confused by some of his match to match tactics! He could get us back up next year so lets get off his back for now!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
In fact I hate McGhee more than I ever hated Lloyd or Hinsh or even Wood.

It shows how Brighton fans have changed over the years, I remember when we lost at home to Rotherham in 1993, the fans were on the pitch after the game calling for Lloyd to go. I remember the stick he got at Fulham around the same time, when he had to walk past the away end to get to the dug out. Yet McGhee is churning out worse results (and not having to be MD) and gets little stick.

Makes you wonder if some of these people would have questioned things between 1995 and 1997.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Ok fair point here are 3 why I do not:

1) Training is a joke. Once a week. Seb said that he wishes Brighton had a professional football team. This is evident at our lack of set piece creativity, fitness of players etc etc
Where has this come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here