Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets end this embarrassing ultras song ?!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh bugger, I saw a bit of the Shamrock Rovers Spurs game last night and there were doing the "We are the North Stand Brighton Boys la la la la la la la" song oh no we must have copied them, dam, we will have to stop singing that now before the song police come and get us. :cry:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Palace copied the song word for word from St Pauli we have took the tune and changed every word.

Rad, you are NSK. Is there anywhere where others can send you song suggestions? I was sticking up for you lot with the I love you chant but really after Tuesday I have no interest in singing it. It has been a good attempt, but it doesn't matter if Palacd stole it. It's the fact that the scum sing it and have done for ages. There have been some good song suggestions by some on here. You lot might wanna take some on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't like it don't sign it, going by the amount who join in it won't last long and will soon fade into memory
I hate it also but i have noticed that more people have been joining in lately. At Leeds it seemed 3/4 of the north stand were singing it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like the song but think our lyrics are a bit gash. Whoever thought up "our" lyrics should be shot - no wonder Palace do it better than we do.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Whether we like it not, its harder to offer up alternatives than it is to jump on the nsk's efforts.

I take my hat of to the nsk for at least trying to do something.

Most important thing for me is not song choice as such, its to remember their are more passionate albion fans that don't sit in the the northstand than do sit in it. Organise and make its appeal broader based and more inclusive.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4422936 said:
Why is it "...of the Sussex" as opposed to "FROM Sussex"? That bit sounds so so wanky.

I did post an alternative version a couple of weeks ago to make it flow easier when your pissed up on an away trip and also get the East and West stands involved.

WE ARE BRIGHTON , BRIGHTON , BRIGHTON
BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION , ALBION , ALBION
THE ALBION FROM SUSSEX , SUSSEX , SUSSEX
FROM SUSSEX BY THE SEA , THE SEA , THE SEA
WHOA WHOA WO WHOA WHOA WO etc etc

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
To the lad who posted videos of other teams doing it in England - YES, they all copied Palace!

f***ing drop it, otherwise you're just a muggy tribute act to our support

YORK f***ing CITY DID IT FIRST IN ENGLAND

f*** sakes.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I did post an alternative version a couple of weeks ago to make it flow easier when your pissed up on an away trip and also get the East and West stands involved.

You can't polish a turd. Let it go.

D

Deleted member 18477

its a shit song whoever is singing it!!! no matter how loud its being sung its SHIT!!! palace? brighton? anyone else? thats right still SHIT!!

D

Deleted member 18477

this is shit, shit, shit,
the song is shit, shit, shit,
f***ing shit, shit, shit,
still shit shit shit,
WHOA WHOA WO WHOA WHOA WO..

shit song, drop it.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

for me this would sound better and like you said the other stands can join in , at the moment its only a north stand chant

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can picture a group of fellas in a Brighton pub in the early 1920's discussing how to turn "Sussex By The Sea" into a football song and being told "nah , that's a shit song they sang in the war."

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
I was against it, until Leicester away, when it took off and the whole away end was rocking to it...... I think you should be patient, adapt the first line to something more inclusive like Brighton and Hove Albion, as suggested.

It will take off, and it aint a Palace song, its done by loads of clubs and started I think with St Pauli in Germany.

It is indeed a chant first sung by St Pauli ultras of Hamburg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ&feature=related

In the UK it was first adopted by the HF (Holmesdale Fanatics) at CRYSTAL PALACE but now everyone joins in at Palace home or away. I think other teams in England think of it as a Palace song. We do it well. As you have heard. Copying us like this should make you cringe tbh.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I do think in a town full of songwriters we could be doing a whole lot better.
Someone start a 'Song for Albion'. Anyone know Norman Fat Boy or Simon of the Levellers. It can't be that difficult to get our own unique catchy song going. :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here