Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets end this embarrassing ultras song ?!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This is a quality Ultras song..... by Panathanikos. it gets louder and more intense towards the end. quality. See some scope for West stand/North Stand/East stand in that

:thumbsup:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Massive back handed compliment to us if you continue with it. And we will always do it better, deep down you know that. Stick to the songs you know and one's where all the fans will be united in singing. At times on Tuesday your fans were very loud and impressive when you got going with your traditional songs, just didn't hear enough of it but I guess some of the blame for that has to go to your boys on the pitch.

Was that a compliment there ???

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
To the lad who posted videos of other teams doing it in England - YES, they all copied Palace!

f***ing drop it, otherwise you're just a muggy tribute act to our support

Well we could argue that your we scored five song is a rip off of our P A L A C E Stevie Coppells got VD ..... so that should be dropped, copying us etc... like all the bullshit about the singing of this song first and who it belongs to.

We don't sing it like your version with just a couple of lyric changes but have made ours with the lyrics we use (we don't sing we love you we love you cos thats the way we like it) so its not a direct copy of the same song

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All this anti the ultra song is rather pathetic imo, and i think it has more to do with who is singing it rather than how it sounds
Not at all, I think those lads are doing a great job given the material they are using.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
:D You haven't got a clue have you? I'm not suprised though, you all showed how completely embarrassing you all are on Tuesday.

I'd be embarrassed mate if my fans weren't even heard for 60minutes of a match. So the embarrassment should be all yours. Sing when ur winning was never so true when it comes to Palace. And read the threads, it's not just me saying it, loads of us couldn't even hear you, drowned out by our noise. You are trying every put down in the book because you know, we make LOADS more noise than you, get bigger crowds, 3 sides sing, are in a good financial position, have a great manager, have a great stadium and a great future. What have you got, shit fans, shit stadium, another administration coming (if you pay Murray 12k per week and the size of your squad being massive), and your club is swallowed up by the proper London clubs. So what have you got? Oh yeah and we're above you!!! Lol!!!
Poor little eagles.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd be embarrassed mate if my fans weren't even heard for 60minutes of a match. So the embarrassment should be all yours. Sing when ur winning was never so true when it comes to Palace. And read the threads, it's not just me saying it, loads of us couldn't even hear you, drowned out by our noise. You are trying every put down in the book because you know, we make LOADS more noise than you, get bigger crowds, 3 sides sing, are in a good financial position, have a great manager, have a great stadium and a great future. What have you got, shit fans, shit stadium, another administration coming (if you pay Murray 12k per week and the size of your squad being massive), and your club is swallowed up by the proper London clubs. So what have you got? Oh yeah and we're above you!!! Lol!!!
Poor little eagles.
3 points off of us :(

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Poor little eagles.

:laugh: :facepalm:

Hang about, it's your OWN fans who are saying how shit YOUR OWN support was, just look at the threads mate. 'Sing when you're winning' - Perhaps you should f***ing give it a go...You were winning for 70 odd minutes of the game?!

When we sang loud and proud 'Your support is f***ing shit' half way through the FIRST half, we meant it. I'm genuinely baffled by your post, and I hope i'm being whooshed?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So by that logic if 'We are Brighton, we are Brighton, Super Brighton, from the south' or even 'Brighton aces' were new songs then you would be very anti them as well

It is not a palace song, just like the rest of our songs or are you planning to go through everything we sing and work out who sang them first, us or palace and if it was palace then you won't sing them even if they were sung elsewhere ?

All this anti the ultra song is rather pathetic imo, and i think it has more to do with who is singing it rather than how it sounds

:facepalm:
"We are Sailing" and "the Blaydon Races" are great songs originally, Epic fail missing the point of my post guy.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
"We are Sailing" and "the Blaydon Races" are great songs originally, Epic fail missing the point of my post guy.

So, when the ultras song is done properly, (ie a lot of people join in for the whole thing rather than just joining in with 'the sea, the sea' and 'wooah' bits) the song actually sounds pretty good but that should have nothing to do with whether to use it or not (or any other new song for that matter) as you think that the only songs that should be sung are only those where you happen to like the original song - right :facepalm:

If you personally don't like it, don't join in, but to constantly whine, moan and be intolerant towards it just because you don't like the original song is pretty petty minded and sad imo. We get you don't like it but others do so why shouldn't they sing it. You could always start another song and try to drown it out if it worries you that much (god know why it should though)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So, when the ultras song is done properly, (ie a lot of people join in for the whole thing rather than just joining in with 'the sea, the sea' and 'wooah' bits) the song actually sounds pretty good but that should have nothing to do with whether to use it or not (or any other new song for that matter) as you think that the only songs that should be sung are only those where you happen to like the original song - right :facepalm:

If you personally don't like it, don't join in, but to constantly whine, moan and be intolerant towards it just because you don't like the original song is pretty petty minded and sad imo. We get you don't like it but others do so why shouldn't they sing it. You could always start another song and try to drown it out if it worries you that much (god know why it should though)

I don't sing it, but I don't slag other people off for singing it at the game. The Liverpool Style "Albiiiiioonn" chant amongst others has been new to me but I've embraced it, however I can say the f*** what I like on here. There is no god btw :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
it is crap and the lyrics are just dreadful. even when the west stand do attempt to sing this god awful tune, they all stop after the 'woooaaah ' bit because theyre all thinking 'wait a minute, we're not the north stand actually.' it is utter garbage, get rid.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
If you are referring to me then you are wrong, I've said on here that your Joy Division song sounds good. This is because the original song is song is good, the original "I love you" song is an abomination.

Sorry, this is ridiculous. Are we going to vet every song and whether it's original is good or not? I've said before, my favourite song is 'we are Brighton'. The original song that's based on is awful (I think).

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

Didn't see this before my previous post.

I think 'We are sailing' is a shit song personally. I'm not going to whine and bitch about it on here though, and anyway, I LOVE 'We are Brighton'

Your tastes are not FACT.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This thread is embarrassing. Every person who's bought into the pal*ce "we sang it first" bullshit, and anyone claiming it's a pala*ce song is a f***ing turncoat IMHO.

We should be sticking up for our own. If you want to abuse someone save it for them c**ts up the road.

31st Jan can't come quick enough

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't like it don't sign it, going by the amount who join in it won't last long and will soon fade into memory

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here