Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets end this embarrassing ultras song ?!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm going to keep singing it until we come up with something better. just like last year with the Benny Elliott song. It's far better than a few very dreary chants that go out, but i join in with them too. I am neither an Ultra nor a JCL. I'm just a bloke who likes to warble untunely in the North Stand.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
:QUOTE=Meade's_Ball;4422219]I'm going to keep singing it until we come up with something better. just like last year with the Benny Elliott song. It's far better than a few very dreary chants that go out, but i join in with them too. I am neither an Ultra nor a JCL. I'm just a bloke who likes to warble untunely in the North Stand.[/QUOTE] :clap2:

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Agreed,its shite anyway,palace have sung it for years,1st english club? maybe,so everyone knows its palace song. Your never walk alone,and im forever blowing bubbles are a couple of songs we could start singing also.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
All you naysayers - You need to go to an away game, you'll change your opinon.

If you thought Palace sung it well, you should have been at Leicester away,l it was rocking everyone, singing and clapping...... similar to what you saw from Tuesdays away crowd.

The Amex attempt in comparrison is toilet.

But it works very well away and you should try and work out how to bring the away levels to the amex

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008

If you thought Palace sung it well, you should have been at Leicester away,l it was rocking everyone, singing and clapping...... similar to what you saw from Tuesdays away crowd.

But it works very well away and you should try and work out how to bring the away levels to the amex

Agree about Leicester but we sing it, like every bleedin song far too fast! Slow the hell down!

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually

Went to Leicester and it was still piss poor judging by palaces efforts.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I've been to every away game, you are exaggerating, our normal songs were sung much louder than this shite.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
willingdon_seagull;44223 78 said:
Agree about Leicester but we sing it, like every bleedin song far too fast! Slow the hell down!

I agree about speed. For that you need to have someone charismatic leading it...., rather than random people starting

as in below, it just takes a bit or organisation

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agreed,its shite anyway,palace have sung it for years,1st english club? maybe,so everyone knows its palace song. Your never walk alone,and im forever blowing bubbles are a couple of songs we could start singing also.

Russ reminded me earlier that Aldershot also sung this way before Palace started their version. So Palace have nicked it from either Aldershot , York City or Accrington Stanley amongst others.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I've been to every away game, you are exaggerating, our normal songs were sung much louder than this shite.

really? I was bang in middle at back and it was rocking.... normal songs as in.....Allllllllbiiiioooooon, Allllllllbiiiioooooon!!!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Look, it isn't working. As mentioned on numerous posts, it's a song associated with Palace. Full credit to anybody thinking up new songs, who give everything to increase atmosphere at out new home (by the way, what the f*** happened, Leeds was ROCKING) but STOP this song, PLEASE! The quadrophenia based song mentioned this morning was MUCH better

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I agree about speed. For that you need to have someone charismatic leading it...., rather than random people starting

as in below, it just takes a bit or organisation

I have to admit that chant does sounds awesome.
However it only sounds good because they've got someone controlling the tempo of the chant with a drum...I certainly don't want a bleeding drum in our Away allocations each Saturday, the day a drum becomes part of our singing/chanting is the day I stop going to Albion Away days!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
St Pauli live in the dinosaur age just like the protagonist who bangs on about them.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How do you tell a new day has come, look out the window, turn on the tv, look at the clock, no log onto nsc and see the new "mummy please tell them to stop singing that nasty song" thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here