Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all get behind McCammon

I am not Mark McCammon's greatest fan. He's slow, can't control the ball, and falls over a lot.

However, McGhee must see something in him (and oddly enough we've not lost when he's played), so as he's likely to become an Albion player by the end of this week, I think we should get behind him and give him some support. A dented confidence before he's even started isn't going to help!!

There, that's my tupence :)

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Agree.

He's crap, but it looks like he'll be one of ours, so we might as well get behind him.

I'm clinging to the hope that he isn't fully match fit yet and that I will never again see him use his shinpad to "cross" the ball like he did at Leeds.

:ohmy:

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
We still havent lost since he came to us so some how he has added something to the squad

be it a 6Ft plus brick shit house presence

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
He hasnt been that bad, he wins more headers than Virgo did when he was up front and once he and Leon have played more games together I think they will start to link up well. His best game was against Sheffield Utd, when he came on he held the ball up well and showed that he can take on defenders too.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Scarface said:
He hasnt been that bad, he wins more headers than Virgo did when he was up front and once he and Leon have played more games together I think they will start to link up well. His best game was against Sheffield Utd, when he came on he held the ball up well and showed that he can take on defenders too.

yeah I thought he did alright that game, fitness did'nt come into it but he did cross for Hart slice from 6yards out, and he kept the ball down there end to let the pressure off our defence. Won a couple of corners too so he's not all bad.

He maybe clumsy but he's all we can afford and no matter how good it would be we cannot get a Shearer type forward with Leon, make do with what we've got and it will come good, trust me, I'm a Championship Manager Veteran :thumbsup:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Soton Seagull said:
He's rubbish, but he's our rubbish!

Can you imagine a Millwall or West Ham fan saying that about a player they didn't like :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's a striker who doesn't score goals. About as much use as a lawn with no grass, a cow with no udders or a bus with no driver.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
He's a striker who doesn't score goals. About as much use as a lawn with no grass, a cow with no udders or a bus with no driver.

Stand up all those who said similar things about Currie, when he first came - and now he's being touted as Ipswich's best player.

If McGhee's got faith in him then so have I.

Marky Mark McCammon

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Have to say the early signs aren't great but lets hope he improves.

For someone so big he spends alot of time falling over!

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
The guy is not match fit and has only played a handful of games. McGhee is a striker himself, as was Booker. I'm sure if they didn't see something more in him, he wouldn't be here.

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
He's Rubbish. Since When Has Being Tall A Skill.

If The Guy Is So Unfit Then Why Was He In A Service Station On The M1 On The Way Back From Leeds Getting A Burger King With Nicolas

It's A Completely Different Situation To Currie. He Was Obviously Unfit As He Played Well In The First Half Of Games Then Badly In The Second - And He Was A Player Of Renowed Ability and Career Under-Achievement. McCammon, However, Is A Waste Of Wages

hutchings (48)

Dec 2, 2004
The Wild West
Only seen him twice. 1st time on his debut - looked a decent enough prospect, put himself about a bit, looked as though he had good control. 2nd time v Sheff Utd. when he came on it chnaged the game in our favour. I think we need to trust McGhee on this one.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
once he learns how to head , he could be quite useful imho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here