Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all get behind McCammon

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I trust our manager given how we have done this season. I am sure this will turn out well.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Mr C said:
I am not Mark McCammon's greatest fan. He's slow, can't control the ball, and falls over a lot.

However, McGhee must see something in him (and oddly enough we've not lost when he's played), so as he's likely to become an Albion player by the end of this week, I think we should get behind him and give him some support. A dented confidence before he's even started isn't going to help!!

There, that's my tupence :)

Spot on!... he gets my full support when represneting our club...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
why is wearing an albion shirt he'll always get my support but that dosen't mean i agree with us wasting money on bringing him in.

as braders says it would help if he could head the ball for a start as was shown a couple of times in the 1st half at leeds 1 when he seemed to jump to early.

they way he looked at the away end after he fluffed that cross just b4 he got subbed showed he knows wat the fans think of him

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
If Gary Glitter wasn't a sad and twisted individual we could have sung..

Come on McCammon!
Come on McCammon!
Come on McCammon!
Come on!

Oh well. :rolleyes:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I cheer them all. Doesn't everybody? ???

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
MM must see something in him, the way i see it is he can surely only get better !!
Perhaps we have a new cult hero in the making !!

On the subject of Burger King it seems that would be a regular post match meal, after the Sunderland game the whole team was eating BK at Newcastle Airport. Perhaps BK should have got commercially involved rather than Mcdonalds:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
MM's comments in the Sports Argus

'People will look at it and think he is a centre forward who came on loan for a month and didn't score a goal. But I think you have to look at our results and the effect he had on the rest of the team.
It's going to an extreme but I said to somebody else you never criticise Michel Kuipers' contribution to the teh team and he has not scored any goals!
You can do a job, even as a centre forward, and help get the team results without necessarily putting the ball in the back of the net. I know what a good influence he's had on the team, so I am glad to have him back here.'

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
i agree give the bloke a bit of support. You never know he might even find the goal

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
Agreed, give him a chance. at the end of the day the guy must have picked up some of the adverse stuff said about him and yet he still 'wants' to play in the blue and white shirt...that says something i hope. as long as he gets fit and does his best lets support him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Let's see how he fairs when he's match fit which he isn't right now. You can't knock the fact that our results have been pretty good since he arrived.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I know he's a different style of forward, but Kurt Nogan was shite for the first six games or so, then couldn't stop scoring. Anyway, McCammon pulls defenders away from Knight, giving him more space. However, I thought we looked more threatening with Virgo up front at Leeds.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Hopefully it's all about fitness.I know my game changed when i could keep up with the others.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think it's fair to say that McGhee has yet to pick a wrong 'un', I thought Iwelumo was not a bad bet and was sorry when he didn't sign.

However, at the end of the day we don't have the cash to sign 'good' players so we have to make do. Would be nice to get BZ back on loan but we probably would have to break the bank to pay his wages.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here