Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Supe
supe
super Mark

Supermarket trolley.

At the end of the day we have but two experienced, fit strikers at our club and we need more. When it comes down to it Oatway is not a skilled player or someone other fans would dream of having in their teams but he's our player and he does the job for us. Similarly so can McCammon. So long as we make the most of what we've got what else can we do?

Anyway, who's to say that once we've signed the new Darren Currie and the crosses come back, a fitter McCammon won't be knocking 'em in for us?

At least he's a striker playing up front

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I can't help but think of the comments that were made on here about Darren Currie at the start of the season

From what I've seen of McCammon I think he can a job for us. He's quite quick for a big man, pretty good with the ball at his feet and holds it up well. I don't reckon he'll score many, but I reckon he'll cause enough havoc up front to let others take the glory.

Far better than Iwelumo.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Big centre forwards are always unpopular with a large number of Albion fans. But we wouldn't have gone up last season without Benjamin and Iwelumo.
We missed Iwelumo badly earlier in this season.
McCammon looked good in the later stages against Gillingham and at Sheffield. Give him a chance.

mona said:
Big centre forwards are always unpopular with a large number of Albion fans.

It's actually not just forwards, it's any player who looks big, physical, perhaps a little ungainly and slow at times, who gets the raspberry treatment from many Albion fans and many NSC posters.

Apart from Big Chris, who in our squad last season most fitted that bill and got terrible reviews from NSC?

Why, it's the only player from last season's squad who is now playing regular Premiership football, Zesh Rehman. This guy was written off by so many on here as a skill-less donkey.

I think many Albion fans are making their judgments on players not for their performance, but like ice skaters, for reasons of artistic merit! They can only be any good if they float around the pitch in the style of a classy Premiership player.

This is perhaps why Guy Butters got such terrible reviews when he came to us, another big man, not terribly quick on his feet, such an easy target to take the piss out of. But of course particularly McGhee's dietry regime got him fitter than he has probably ever been in his life and he has become a star for us.

Incredible how we are so willing to go down the same road with McCammon. Yes, he fails every test of artistic merit you set. But is he any good as an influence on the pitch? People are not really interested in finding that out, are they? He looks bad, so he must be bad :shootself

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Jesus woman, what the f*** are you doing up at this hour?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bluejuice said:
Jesus woman, what the f*** are you doing up at this hour?

Is that referring to me?

I get up at 6am every morning for work.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Apart from Big Chris, who in our squad last season most fitted that bill and got terrible reviews from NSC?

Why, it's the only player from last season's squad who is now playing regular Premiership football, Zesh Rehman. This guy was written off by so many on here as a skill-less donkey.

To be fair, I don't think his talent was in question - he was exceptional up at Rushden, rather the fact that he just couldn't be arsed.

I can accept that McCammon is useful to have and can do a job, but why has McGhee offered him an 18-month deal? Would one to the end of the season not be better? I'm struggling to believe that a summer's searching couldn't find a better player.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mark McCammon is a terrible excuse for a player and it is only the fans of this club who think otherwise. We seem to have got decensitised to crap over the years and are happy with our lot in life and think we are lucky to have a lumbering idiot who cannot shoot upfront. Anyone who points out he is crap is accused of not being a proper fan and told to get behind McGhee and the boys.

Bollocks.

There ARE better players about and we DO have the money to sign some of them.

We made an unexpected 800k recently and offered Cullip one of the best deals in the clubs history. As he did not take it that would suggest that there is the money there to pay someone competitively.

Please do not start insulting me and mentioning money. I KNOW that the vast majority of any cash we get will be swallowed up by the debt but the money was there to offer Cullip a contract so where has it gone now...

...unless the club knew he would not sign it and offered it to make it look to the fans that they tried to make him stay.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Mark McCammon is a terrible excuse for a player and it is only the fans of this club who think otherwise. We seem to have got decensitised to crap over the years and are happy with our lot in life and think we are lucky to have a lumbering idiot who cannot shoot upfront. Anyone who points out he is crap is accused of not being a proper fan and told to get behind McGhee and the boys.

Bollocks.

There ARE better players about and we DO have the money to sign some of them.

We made an unexpected 800k recently and offered Cullip one of the best deals in the clubs history. As he did not take it that would suggest that there is the money there to pay someone competitively.

Please do not start insulting me and mentioning money. I KNOW that the vast majority of any cash we get will be swallowed up by the deby but the money was there to offer Cullip a contract so where has it gone now...

...unless the club knew he would not sign it and offered it to make it look to the fans that they tried to make him stay.

:clap2:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
How he can be unfit is beyond me.

Was he not trying to get into the Millwall team? Was he not trying to impress watching people, including McGhee who he knew was interested?

There is no excuse for a professional footballer to be unfit unless he is injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here