Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all get behind McCammon

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I understand he isnt the most talented player we have ever had but he allows to play in a different way than if we didnt have him. With Mark we are totally 1 dimensional and very very easy to prevent from playing our game.

Who else is available for hardly any money who can do this job????? If hes good enough for our Manager, the bloke who somehow got us promoted last year, and is performing nothing short of a miracle this season, then hes good enough for me!

Im not singling you out Richie, I have also had this argument with Kinkygerbil and he really is clueless when it comes to football.

Uncle Buck said:

If you think he is half decent, then I would question how much you actually know about the game.

So you are saying that Mark Mcghee knows less about the game than you do??? :dunce:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Richie Morris said:

I also know the arguments behind signing him but just feel there are far better players then him that could do this for us.

like who?

Richie Morris said:

How come all the comments are directed at me and not the countless other NSC posters who have said EXACTLY the same as me about McCammon?

because you are repeating yourself and its getting boring. I really hope he does a decent job for us, maybe gets a few goals while assisting a few, and watch you eat your words

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Albion Dan said:
With Mark we are totally 1 dimensional and very very easy to prevent from playing our game.

I agree. When we have him we often resort to humping long balls up to him that he flicks to no one and allows the other team to start attacking all over again.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
So you are saying that Mark Mcghee knows less about the game than you do??? :dunce:

Did I ever say that? No.

However if you watch the game, the Asda Trolley has little attributes to suggest he is a footballer. That touch at Leeds sums it up. Also why do we have to have blind faith in the manager, what is wrong with questioning things, especially on a forum like this, better here than in the ground.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Pavilionaire said:
He's a striker who doesn't score goals. About as much use as a lawn with no grass, a cow with no udders or a bus with no driver.

So, by your reckoning, Beardsley was crap too was he:dunce:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Richie Morris said:
I agree. When we have him we often resort to humping long balls up to him that he flicks to no one and allows the other team to start attacking all over again.

so WHY havent we lost with him playing if he makes us alter our style of play so much?

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
he enables us to mix it up and change our style of play give it to the Unit take some pressure also leon seems to like playing up front with him and feeds of him....and also he doesn't let defenders play from the back..

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
because Richie was agreeing with this quote

"With Mark we are totally 1 dimensional and very very easy to prevent from playing our game"

so at the moment we seem to be both very very easy to prevent from playing our game at the same time as 'hitting a bit of form'

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Oh its all coincidence then that Leon suddenly started playing much better with a proper striker alongside him and allowing us to finally have on of our best defenders in defence?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Or perhaps Leon has been playing better because when playing up front with Hart people are knocking it into his feet.

Knight's form may also have something to do with his change of attitude that McGhee mentioned in the argus some weeks back.

Or perhaps even the improvement of Reid and Chippy in midfield meaning he gets more service and the team is creating more.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Dan said:
Oh its all coincidence then that Leon suddenly started playing much better with a proper striker alongside him and allowing us to finally have on of our best defenders in defence?
Or perhaps Leon started playing better because the Premiership transfer window was about to open and he still hadn't signed up here.

I'll be interested to see what happens to Leon Knight in the next month or so...

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
I think that Knighty and The Unit will forge an effective little & large partnership with Knight benefiting from more space and the big fella chipping in with a few

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Richie Morris said:
Mark McCammon is a terrible excuse for a player and it is only the fans of this club who think otherwise. We seem to have got decensitised to crap over the years and are happy with our lot in life and think we are lucky to have a lumbering idiot who cannot shoot upfront. Anyone who points out he is crap is accused of not being a proper fan and told to get behind McGhee and the boys.

Bollocks.

There ARE better players about and we DO have the money to sign some of them.

We made an unexpected 800k recently and offered Cullip one of the best deals in the clubs history. As he did not take it that would suggest that there is the money there to pay someone competitively.

Please do not start insulting me and mentioning money. I KNOW that the vast majority of any cash we get will be swallowed up by the debt but the money was there to offer Cullip a contract so where has it gone now...

...unless the club knew he would not sign it and offered it to make it look to the fans that they tried to make him stay.

Find it hard to disagree with that. Too many people seem to be of the opinion that if McGhee makes a decision, it's correct, end of.

maffew said:
so WHY havent we lost with him playing if he makes us alter our style of play so much?

Did we not lose to Stoke with him up-front?

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
He is the type of player to run through a brick wall for the teams cause. Never gonna score loads of goals though and has little ability, however I'd orefer him over Dichio. Your lot have been on a good run since Backgammon joined aint ya?

think they being a bit harsh wen he played for us first season he was good then got injured and went of the rails a bit but hope he does well 4 ya

I would prefer to read the postive views and hope the lad does well Morris...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Or perhaps Leon has been playing better because when playing up front with Hart people are knocking it into his feet.

Knight's form may also have something to do with his change of attitude that McGhee mentioned in the argus some weeks back.

Or perhaps even the improvement of Reid and Chippy in midfield meaning he gets more service and the team is creating more.

Playing balls to his feet have made a difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here