Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

The Large One said:
Don't be so bloody naive. He was aiming it at you, me, everyone.

Your being parnoid we know the lad has got a huge chip on his shoulder.
We should forget about him and wish him well with his future.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
This probably wouldnt have happened under Cullip?

I agree Danny was a huge loss to the club and we still miss him. I didn't buy into this stuff that he was too hard on the young players. You have to run a tight ship when you are a sporting team and discipline and squad leaders has to be key to it.

Whether Cullip could have done anything with such an extreme case of indiscipline as Leon Knight, it is not clear. It is not clear that his attitude to training was any better in Cullip's day than it was after Danny was sold, but it would be interesting to know.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
So what in essence you are saying is that McGhee was too soft on Knight's pissing around? If the scenario you paint is correct, I sympathise strongly with what you are saying that McGhee should have been tougher.

But you see I think that runs counter to the propaganda that Toad and Kinky put on here that the problem was McGhee's lack of tolerance for Knight's erratic behaviour.

But what I think you also have to accept is that, if McGhee had "nipped it in the bud" as you suggest, the end could have provoked with Knight far earlier than it eventually came with the Wolves substitution and subsequent disciplinary crackdown.

We might just have lost Leon Knight much, much earlier with McGhee cracking the whip far harder. Yes?

For me, it would have been very interesting to have seen if you would have supported McGhee going for that harder line approach much earlier. You will allow me some scepticism that your acknowledged dislike of McGhee would probably have led you to criticise him in that scenario too.

My views on McGhee are well known, but with regards to this I think he did allow things to carry on and this seems to have created a situation where people found it difficult to approach the main offenders.

I think with a number of Adams 'enforcers' gone, a vacuum if you like was created in the dressing room and sadly Knight saw it was his right to step in and then the problems occurred. There are definetly less really strong personalities in there now than 18 months ago.

Still it will be interesting to see if McGhee can created a new unity in there now the real problems seem to have gone.

D

Deleted member 2719

Uncle Buck said:
My views on McGhee are well known, but with regards to this I think he did allow things to carry on and this seems to have created a situation where people found it difficult to approach the main offenders.

I think with a number of Adams 'enforcers' gone, a vacuum if you like was created in the dressing room and sadly Knight saw it was his right to step in and then the problems occurred. There are definetly less really strong personalities in there now than 18 months ago.

Still it will be interesting to see if McGhee can created a new unity in there now the real problems seem to have gone.

I reckon your pretty much hit the nail mr buck.

:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

Mouldy Boots said:
Your being parnoid we know the lad has got a huge chip on his shoulder.
We should forget about him and wish him well with his future.
No paranoia around me on this one.

I have no intention of wishing him well with his future. In fact, I am completely and utterly indifferent to his future prospects, and why shouldn't I be? For much of the time, he was indifferent to the club when he was here, and we were all paying for that indifference. The word I would use for that attitude is... cheat. Now, he is also very happy that one of the things I care very much about is not going so well.

So why would I want to wish him well?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

Mouldy Boots said:
After all how many times was Leon Knight
knight knight...............Chanted at him while he played for us?

Always, including his last appearance for us at Luton - fans backed him vocally right to the end.

Mouldy Boots said:
I don't deny that Leon is immature i don't like the word Idiot as it does not acheive anything by using it.

Shouldn't our fans be mature enough not to rise to an immature comment like that when we know it isn't having ago at us directly, we know if we really think about it don't we?

Why would he want ago at us?

Because he is simply not bright enough to be able to distinguish between different parts of the club in the manner that Mark McCammon was very easily able to.

Remember, it was not just fans that were offended by his sweeping comments, but the players led by Charlie and Chippy too. You are right that idiot should not be chucked around too often in a discussion but Knight's entire comments since he left the club make it perfectly applicable to him - he is simply not that bright in realising the way his comments will lose him even the few Brighton fans left that had neutral feelings towards him. If he plays at Withdean, the reception he got at Loftus Road will be amplified a thousand fold.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

London Irish said:
Always, including his last appearance for us at Luton - fans backed him vocally right to the end.

Because he is simply not bright enough to be able to distinguish between different parts of the club in the manner that Mark McCammon was very easily able to.

Remember, it was not just fans that were offended by his sweeping comments, but the players led by Charlie and Chippy too. You are right that idiot should not be chucked around too often in a discussion but Knight's entire comments since he left the club make it perfectly applicable to him - he is simply not that bright in realising the way his comments will lose him even the few Brighton fans left that had neutral feelings towards him. If he plays at Withdean, the reception he got at Loftus Road will be amplified a thousand fold.
Well, there will be some who are going to continue to be stupid and gullible enough to worship him no matter how many times he abuses them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

The Large One said:
Well, there will be some who are going to continue to be stupid and gullible enough to worship him no matter how many times he abuses them.

Has anyone heard from Richie Morris recently?

Uncle Buck said:

Yes, you have glossed over the likely consequences of McGhee cracking down on Leon Knight earlier, but it seems we can all agree that the key thing is building a future without him and his clique.

All agree that is until Kinky and Toad turn up on this thread :)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
berkshire seagull said:
Leon has a point,the ground is pathetic and mc ghee is the problem.Yeah he has gone over the top,but we are not excactly a club going places are we.???

i totally agree, but shoebox, no, thats a complement.
i'd say more legoland, it probably is the worst stadium in english professional football, and we cant deny it

he has turned his hatred for mcghee and taken it out the club, when maybe he shouldnt have, but he does have a point

he got us promoted at cardiff, and fair play if he does it again for swansea. he is a massive talent and he knows it, that is his problem!

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

The Large One said:
No paranoia around me on this one.

I have no intention of wishing him well with his future. In fact, I am completely and utterly indifferent to his future prospects, and why shouldn't I be? For much of the time, he was indifferent to the club when he was here, and we were all paying for that indifference. The word I would use for that attitude is... cheat. Now, he is also very happy that one of the things I care very much about is not going so well.

So why would I want to wish him well?

I just can't believe people really think that he hates us.

I can only speak from my experiences and i have often played football with players far more skillful than myself but they had the swagger the attitude but it is a team game and there was room for both our types of players within a winning side as long as he created or scored the goals and as long as i worked my nuts off and made sure the opposition did not score.
So when Leons goals dried up and he didn't feel he was being played in the right way it was frustrating for him he probably thought he was letting his team and fans by not doing his job properly which he felt was indirectly not his fault - let's face it how many times did he get a ball lob to him in the air for example?

All i can say i don't think he really feels he cheated us - i am sure he will be replaceable and hope we wil be climbing back up to the CC the following year with our new setup now in place and no disruptive players at the club.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Yes, you have glossed over the likely consequences of McGhee cracking down on Leon Knight earlier, but it seems we can all agree that the key thing is building a future without him and his clique.

I think an early crack down in the past with some of the stronger willed personalities we had would have stopped a lot of the problems, with the players now I do not know.

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
Knight's entire comments since he left the club make it perfectly applicable to him - he is simply not that bright in realising the way his comments will lose him even the few Brighton fans left that had neutral feelings towards him. If he plays at Withdean, the reception he got at Loftus Road will be amplified a thousand fold.

I am sure it will be an amazing atmosphere shame those fans can't find the passion in every other home match.

Will you be booing Knight?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
got this great image of the final whistle at the play off final, swansea just lost and leon remembers that he's gonna meet us again.

:laugh: :salute:

D

Deleted member 2719

The Large One said:

For the record i don't worship him.

I worship you!

;)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:

I sort of got bored of all this a long time ago and stopped posting on the matter - just you keep bringing my name up!!:lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

mendoza10 said:
i totally agree, but shoebox, no, thats a complement.
i'd say more legoland, it probably is the worst stadium in english professional football, and we cant deny it

he has turned his hatred for mcghee and taken it out the club, when maybe he shouldnt have, but he does have a point

he got us promoted at cardiff, and fair play if he does it again for swansea. he is a massive talent and he knows it, that is his problem!

Exactly, i remember alot of people saying MM gave us a great day out at Cardiff but was it Leon who gave us a great day out at Cardiff?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

Mouldy Boots said:
I just can't believe people really think that he hates us.
I think you'll find it's his delight in our relegation, and constant sniping afterwards that give the games away on that score. As far as he's concerned, we f***ed him over, remember? And, according to that report that started this thread, his Play-Off Final goal at Cardiff for us appears to be becoming less and less significant for him in his career.

Mouldy Boots said:
All i can say i don't think he really feels he cheated us - i am sure he will be replaceable and hope we wil be climbing back up to the CC the following year with our new setup now in place and no disruptive players at the club.
Of course he doesn't think he cheated us - he would point blank refuse to take ANY responsibility for his actions, and his recent comments echo that.

There are some on here who have met him, and have had a conversation with him (or at least tried to) and would almost certainly agree with me when I say that that boy is seriously thick - and I am mean utterly dim. And when he is in a crowd of other footballers and he still stands out as being that stupid, you'll realise the depths of intelligence I am plumbing here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here