Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mouldy Boots said:
Exactly, i remember alot of people saying MM gave us a great day out at Cardiff but was it Leon who gave us a great day out at Cardiff?
I believe there were another 10 or 11 players who played in that match as well, and I don't recall Leon being Man of the Match, but he did tuck away that penalty well.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Dick Knights Mum said:
I thought he was a class act. When you saw him in warm-ups he hits theball so hard and so accurately. I believe he can do it at a Chamionship level given the right service - and maybe higher. But he is held back by his attitude. He does need to grow up.

I think that's a fair summary - I'd never dispute he has an attitude, but I do take issue with this "Leon can't cut at Championship level" nonsense. He's still a young player, and if he can mature, I don't see why he shouldn't be playing for a club like Charlton, Reading or Wigan in a few years' time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The 23-year-old Londoner is adamant though that no team can afford to become over reliant on one man. "I think we already have Championship players here even though not many of the squad have actually played there," he said.

"I have and there are a lot of players in this side who can hold their own at that level. In the Championship you cannot count on one man to carry the side. You need other players around them." TE]

What a shame Leon is one of the ones who can't cut it at Championship level. If he means Brighton relied on HIM to carry the side....? What a joke. I doubt they'd have asked him to carry a cone across the training pitch. Not unless they wanted an hour of sulking, a full length dive and a mouthful of abuse.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

trueblue said:
What a shame Leon is one of the ones who can't cut it at Championship level.

Even if you believe that, which I certainly don't, he may well fare a lot better for Swansea - let's not forget he was playing for a crap side when he was with us, who in the season he was below-par relied on a long-ball game to climb to safety. In a passing side, he'd probably do quite well; I'd fancy him to get 10-15 goals for them next year if they go up.

Re: Re: Re: Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

Repugnant Toad said:
playing for a crap side

:nono: :nono:

Who really needs the Palace and Orient fans to come on here? :glare:

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I do think the Knight issue is one that in times past would have been swiftly resolved by the skipper getting him by the throat, pinning him to the wall and telling him he'd get the shit kicked out of him if he didn't start thinking about the team.

For some reason I'm thinking Cullip - however these days Knight would have gone squealing to his agent, even the police and pressed charges. It's hardly progress.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tooting Gull said:
I do think the Knight issue is one that in times past would have been swiftly resolved by the skipper getting him by the throat, pinning him to the wall and telling him he'd get the shit kicked out of him if he didn't start thinking about the team.
I understand one or two players wanted to do that on daily basis.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Still, a fair bit of support for Mr Knight among this little lot. Has he actually got a book coming out soon as I am lead to believe because he apparently has turned to the fans of some of other clubs too, hasn't he?
Anyway when he is good he really is good but as for coming back I very much doubt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here