Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
leon's subtle dig about us being a one man team carried by him is not quite right either - ok in his first season his goals got us promoted

however in his second season if any player could claim they kept us up it was Virgo who was far more modest about it as well

if Leon's natural ability were matched by his hard work and professionalism we would have sold him for about £2m to a premiership team

interestingly he now seems so obsessed with dragging who he fell out with etc into every interview and thus has the "ex-brighton" label - bit of a come down from his previous insistence of being "ex-chelsea"

he may well make it to premiership in the end but you would tend to bet against it

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
ac gull said:
he may well make it to premiership in the end but you would tend to bet against it

I would bet heavily against it. It's still questionable as to whether he's got the ability to succeed in the Championship, never mind the Premiership.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The main problem with the little scrote is that he always kept company way above his footballing ability, and I'm sure that has caused a lot of his problems with various managers.

If you go drinking with all your old Chelsea buddies like Terry (tho I imagine even they have dumped him now) and see their 'f*** you, we're loaded' attitude, then take it back to your lowly Champ club, the manager will soon say 'err, no, actually f*** you you little runt, you've been playing shite'.

For once on an issue of morality, I agree with the player. I think he should indeed be stoned at the earliest opportunity.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I would bet heavily against it. It's still questionable as to whether he's got the ability to succeed in the Championship, never mind the Premiership.

Yes Earnie didn't and he's got more talent on his toenails than the Poison Dwarf.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:

He could only make the prem as a winger which is were he doesn't want to play. As a striker he has found his level.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Can't he not stop talking about us? He seems to have some kind of "Brighton" Tourettes when talking to reporters!! If he doesnt like us that much, why does he continue to talk about us?! He should get over it, he must be runningout of toys to throw out of his pram by now!

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

Tom Hark said:
Leon obviously has a deep and abiding hatred for McGhee. There's bad blood there, and maybe the whole story could be wheedled out of somebody who knows. He also disses the stadium, which is fair comment, we do the same thing week in week out. At no point does he have a pop at the fans.

Leon Knight, he's alright :thumbsup:

Spot on.

Have you ever worked for someone you really hate?

What do you do?

Wait for them to be sacked because of there behavior?

Or get out of there?

I think Leon, FDM both can't stand MM and there seems to be a fare few Albion fans think the same - the problem being fans don't leave the club players always will as they can't give the same loyalty we do.

I don't hate Leon i think he may have put some of his points of views over better but i am sure alot of us on here are guilty of that from time to time.

Hopefully Leon and MM will want to prove each other wrong and both there careers will flourish.

Still not sure on the latter one though!

Leon i applaud you for speaking out on something that was obviously not right in your opinion and i should imagine you told your views to the manager rather than hid at the back of the class.

Intrestingly Adrian boothroyd players said after there dramatic rise, a club punching well above it's weight.
"We all go in on Sunday and have a de-brief as a group on anything that could be improved on and generally air our views"
What a simple way of getting out the way any problems after the match and not taking them into next weeks match preparations- I would say a very good way in building team spirit.

Could this be the reason for their success and the reason for our failure this year?

Or could it just be we play in a shoebox!!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Re: Re: Re: Leon Wants To Avoid The "Shoebox"

Mouldy Boots said:
I don't hate Leon i think he may have put some of his points of views over better but i am sure alot of us on here are guilty of that from time to time.

You must be joking. This is the guy who "couldn't describe" how happy he was when we got relegated, and you don't think that might be slightly disrespectful to the fans?

Regardless of how he was treated by McGhee (or the truth of what went on) he couldn't be arsed to play for his teammates or the fans. I remember his last game at Wankdean, Millwall i think it was, when he couldn't even control the ball without it ending up halfway to the Sportsman car park.

Expressing your view is one thing but not giving 100% is unforgiveable. That's why the last game of the season was so much more damaging that McGhee wanted to make out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All this "the truth will out" stuff from Knight is crap, and people eagerly awaiting some kind of revelation in due course are deluding themselves.

If there really was some kind of big story about why Knight fell out with the club, it would have leaked by now, or one of the other players would have let it slip.

The truth is, Leon Knight is an arrogant, self absorbed little shit whose own idea of his talent is way above the reality. He has ability, but no application, and he had his arse kicked all the way to Wales because he could not be arsed to put in a shred of effort for the team, believing that he was too good to bother.

But instead of admitting his attitude sucked, he repeatedly hides behind the lie that it was all down to Mark McGhee.

MM may not be everyone's cup of tea as manager, but he couldn't be expected to put up with a lazy, flash Big-I-Am swanning around doing f**k all while the rest of the team put in the effort.

Incidentally, I bet you anything plenty of the players thought Leon Knight was a complete twat as well. They're just too polite to come out and say it in the press, unlike several bitter pocket gobshites I could think of.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
I can't wait for us to play Swansea next season. I vote that it takes the role of an all dayer in the sportsman with an extremely hostile arrival as he turns up at the ground to show him that we really mean business from the start.

i hate the little cock. always have. he litteraly ran into me in HMV one day in Brighton while he was playing hide and seek in the aisles with Chris McPhee!!!! I told him in no uncertain terms to grow up and watch where he was going, the little twat shit himself and walked off in the funniest "im really hard" swagger he could muster, then started runnning around playing hide and seek again!!:lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He really must be the biggest w@nker EVER to pulll on an Albion shirt... I hope he scores a winning own-goal...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Repugnant Toad said:
Oh yes. Good players are good players - we're not in a position to be too picky over their personalities.

:shootself :shootself

He's not a good player. He's only good when he can be arsed, when he decides to stop being a lazy f***ing cunt like he was during his last two years at the Albion.

When will he stop believing his own hype, pull his socks up and grow up? Only then will he be a good footballer.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
edna krabappel said:

The truth is, Leon Knight is an arrogant, self absorbed little shit whose own idea of his talent is way above the reality. He has ability, but no application, and he had his arse kicked all the way to Wales because he could not be arsed to put in a shred of effort for the team, believing that he was too good to bother.

But instead of admitting his attitude sucked, he repeatedly hides behind the lie that it was all down to Mark McGhee.

:clap: :clap::bowdown: :bowdown:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fatboy Quim said:
i hate the little cock. always have. he litteraly ran into me in HMV one day in Brighton while he was playing hide and seek in the aisles with Chris McPhee!!!! I told him in no uncertain terms to grow up and watch where he was going, the little twat shit himself and walked off in the funniest "im really hard" swagger he could muster, then started runnning around playing hide and seek again!!:lolol:
There's almost something touchingly cretinous about those two acting like that, good anecdote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here