Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to Swans - official

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
http://www.swanseacity.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10354,00.html

Swansea City have completed the signing of exciting Brighton striker Leon Knight for £125,000.
The 23-year-old signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at the Liberty Stadium at 6pm tonight after passing a medical and will be eligible for Swansea's home game against the MK Dons on Tuesday night.
The pint-sized striker graduated through the youth ranks at Chelsea, but spent the early part of his career on loan at QPR, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday. The Londoner has also appeared for England at Under-17, Under-18, Under-19 and Under-20 level.
He signed for Brighton on a two-year contract from Chelsea after impressing during a loan spell. He went on to score the winning penalty at the Millennium Stadium which earned the Seagulls promotion to the Championship. Swans boss Kenny Jackett is delighted with the signing, stating: "Leon is an exceptionally talented forward whose goal-scoring ability will be a huge asset to the squad.''
And according to former Brighton captain and youth team coach at Chelsea, Gary Chivers, Swansea have captured a player of Premiership quality.
Chivers believes Knight is the equal of West Ham striker Bobby Zamora, his goalscoring predecessor for the Seagulls. "I think he is worth a go in the Premiership," Chivers said. "I think Leon is as good as Zamora.

http://www.swanseacity.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10354~764193,00.html?ptvParm=

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cant see it:dunce:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Swans snap up Knight

Swansea City have completed the signing of exciting Brighton striker Leon Knight for £125,000.
The 23-year-old signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at the Liberty Stadium at 6pm tonight after passing a medical and will be eligible for Swansea's home game against the MK Dons on Tuesday night.
The pint-sized striker graduated through the youth ranks at Chelsea, but spent the early part of his career on loan at QPR, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday.
The Londoner has also appeared for England at Under-17, Under-18, Under-19 and Under-20 level.
He signed for Brighton on a two-year contract from Chelsea after impressing during a loan spell.
He went on to score the winning penalty at the Millennium Stadium which earned the Seagulls promotion to the Championship.
Swans boss Kenny Jackett is delighted with the signing, stating: "Leon is an exceptionally talented forward whose goal-scoring ability will be a huge asset to the squad.''
And according to former Brighton captain and youth team coach at Chelsea, Gary Chivers, Swansea have captured a player of Premiership quality.
Chivers believes Knight is the equal of West Ham striker Bobby Zamora, his goalscoring predecessor for the Seagulls.
"I think he is worth a go in the Premiership," Chivers said. "I think Leon is as good as Zamora.''

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Swans snap up Knight

The pint-sized striker graduated through the youth ranks at Chelsea, but spent the early part of his career on loan at QPR, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday.
The Londoner has also appeared for England at Under-17, Under-18, Under-19 and Under-20 level.
He signed for Brighton on a two-year contract from Chelsea after impressing during a loan spell.
He went on to score the winning penalty at the Millennium Stadium which earned the Seagulls promotion to the Championship.
Swans boss Kenny Jackett is delighted with the signing, stating: "Leon is an exceptionally talented forward whose goal-scoring ability will be a huge asset to the squad.''
Chivers believes Knight is the equal of West Ham striker Bobby Zamora, his goalscoring predecessor for the Seagulls.
"I think he is worth a go in the Premiership," Chivers said. "I think Leon is as good as Zamora.''

Edit: Note to self - type faster.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Great stuff. We have some money to spend

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
""And according to former Brighton captain and youth team coach at Chelsea, Gary Chivers, Swansea have captured a player of Premiership quality.""

Who else have they signed ?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
125k money to spend on others please dk.
good luck leon thanks for the goals in league 1. :wave:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
The Large One said:
Swans snap up Knight

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bye bye leon:wave:

Can't believe some of you are celebrating :nono:
With a bit of fine tuning (including the ability to score a few more, admitadly) then yes, I believe he could have been Premiership quality.

Still all the best to you Leon I'm sure you'll score a hatful now this season :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Good move for him and a decent fee for us. Can't say i'm sad to see him go but his goal at Cardiff was a great moment for the club. :wave:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gary Chivers also stated that "It appears Leon was alienated from the dressing room and became a bit of a black sheep. In which case, he should be very popular with the Swansea fans"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here