Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon says sorry

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cabby said:
Obviously McGhee wants his players to come off the pitch laughing and joking when substituted. Showing passion and dissapointment about not being able to take any further part in helping your club to get a result is a punishable offence!
:shootself

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well done Leon. Lets hope he runs has heart out at Palace. I have a feeling he might have his best game in the stripes.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Well that's all sorted out for now. I look forward to this all kicking off again the next time Leon "shows he cares" by kicking over a water bottle next time he's subbed after failing to score for the nth game running.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I think we all agreed that throwing a tantrum is not a good move, the problem was the public side of it all and the way that an apology was demanded in the press. Should have been a quick fine, or maybe slapped legs. Could have sent him to bed early or stopped him from playing his PS2 - but there was no need to run to the papers about it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Cabby said:
Unlike you, I saw it all for myself Dummy:dunce:

Well good for you:shootself

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As i thought, the incident blows over as usual with only 1 winner.

Leon does something like this every season, and always ends up on the losing side, he will never learn sadly.

Now get him back in the side and bang a couple past Palace Leon.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
So bloody childish in the first instance - he should go back to playing in the park on weekends if he wants to behave like that....and as for everyone demanding an apology - just perpetuates the childish behaviour...

Leon isn't Wayne Rooney - so he should stop behaving like him!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must have misunderstood. I thought the only person to be able to handle Leon Knight properly was Steve Coppell. :glare:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Cabby said:
Obviously McGhee wants his players to come off the pitch laughing and joking when substituted. Showing passion and dissapointment about not being able to take any further part in helping your club to get a result is a punishable offence!

:clap:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
HampshireSeagulls said:
I think we all agreed that throwing a tantrum is not a good move, the problem was the public side of it all and the way that an apology was demanded in the press. Should have been a quick fine, or maybe slapped legs. Could have sent him to bed early or stopped him from playing his PS2 - but there was no need to run to the papers about it.

:clap:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Since going into a big strop and storming off the pitch is so appealing to certain sections, can we make it club policy that all substitutes must:

Go off the pitch in a big huff, not acknowledge the crowds applause, ignore the manager and sit on their own in the corner.

Nothing shows you "care" more than acting like a f***ing child.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Since going into a big strop and storming off the pitch is so appealing to certain sections, can we make it club policy that all substitutes must:

Go off the pitch in a big huff, not acknowledge the crowds applause, ignore the manager and sit on their own in the corner.

Nothing shows you "care" more than acting like a f***ing child.

Well said. I wonder if people that so enthusiastically endorse this innovative "Big f***ing Baby" (or "BFB") approach to manager-staff relations would dare to act like that at their own place of work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here