Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon says sorry

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
All of you who argued that he had nothing to apologise for what do you say now?

Sorry Knight's back in favour
by Andy Naylor

Leon Knight is back in contention for Albion after saying sorry to boss Mark McGhee.

The axed front man has drawn a line under their fall-out by apologising for his behaviour when he was substituted during last week's home draw with Wolves.

Knight, dropped from the squad for Saturday's defeat at Stoke, is now in the frame for Crystal Palace's visit on Sunday week.

McGhee responded to Knight's surly reaction to being replaced in the second half against Wolves by leaving him at home for the trip to Stoke.

McGhee then demanded an apology from his "main man", which Knight delivered yesterday lunchtime.

While the rest of the players were given a day off, McGhee and his star striker had a heart-to-heart in the manager's office at the Falmer training ground.

"Leon asked to come in and see me," McGhee revealed. "He's apologised unconditionally for the way he came off the field.

"I had a long discussion with him about all of that and his general demeanour.

"We've discussed all aspects of his training, playing, everything, and I think it has ended up being very constructive.

"He's also accepted my decision to leave him out and I still think that was the right thing to do for everyone, particularly for Leon."

McGhee also revealed that Knight had already said sorry to his replacement against Wolves, Jake Robinson, and fellow forward Colin Kazim-Richards.

"Apparently, he did speak to Jake and to Colin after the game anyway. He had already apologised to them."

Knight is now on course for a recall against Palace after Robinson and Kazim-Richards failed to fire at Stoke.

"Leon, between now and the Palace game, will I hope show us that he should be playing," McGhee said.

"He still should be the main man. I still believe that to be the case. We have got to find a way of getting 20 goals out of Leon Knight, because he has got 20 goals in him."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nice one Leon, and well played McGhee. It all got a bit too public for my liking, but it looks like its had the desired result. I now expect nothing less than a HATTRICK from Leon against the SCUM.

:clap:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Too public, not good for the club, manager or players. If Leon had decided to kick this right off, it would have been messy.

Look at Robert at Portsmouth and how that is all playing out - it's going to get very untidy there in the next few days because the manager has publicly criticised a player, and the player has thought "stuff it" and returned the favour, but upped the ante by having a dig at the players as well.

Inside sources reckon that Robert actually wants away from Portsmouth (he is on loan) and is shit stirring to make it happen, but the fallout will unsettle a team which is looking at relegation this year.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Glad that's sorted out. Leon and the Argie up front for the Palace game please.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
HampshireSeagulls said:
Too public, not good for the club, manager or players. If Leon had decided to kick this right off, it would have been messy.
McGhee is the BOSS, and he doesn't take shit from his players. Leon has now toed the line, and McGhee's handling of this situation has been fully vindicated. The day McGhee started running scared of Leon "deciding to kick this right off" is the day he'd have lost the respect of the rest of the squad.

There was only ever going to be one winner in all this, and it was NEVER going to be the petulant one. McGhee's stood his ground, Leon has seen sense, now lets hope this whole pathetic episode can be put behind them and Leon can get on with doing what he's paid to do. Who knows, he might even have come out of this a little wiser.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Thank god for that! Please no more Leon threads!

Cabby

Jul 5, 2003
Langton Green
Obviously McGhee wants his players to come off the pitch laughing and joking when substituted. Showing passion and dissapointment about not being able to take any further part in helping your club to get a result is a punishable offence!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
WATFORD O said:
Leon says sorry. Watford O says f*** off.

Once again Twatty fucks up a thread with his boringly predictable banality.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Cabby said:
Obviously McGhee wants his players to come off the pitch laughing and joking when substituted. Showing passion and dissapointment about not being able to take any further part in helping your club to get a result is a punishable offence!

read the details ffs-it was a little more than that :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here