Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
reoprted on SCR this morning. Leon says he is dissapointed he hasn't been selected for the last game, but understands the need to make changes to the side. He's not happy with the teams position in the league, and furthermore, he is frustrated with the direct football they are playing at the moment, he prefers the passing game.

I have to say I agree, he's excellent when he has a chance to play with the ball at his feet, we've all said it time and again. I hope MM takes this on board, especially with a few of the injured players coming back into the side. Lets try passing a bit more again.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
We've palyed it a lot more on the ground this season. Having a strop last year with Virgs up front I could understand. Not sure about this. ???

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Leon needs to realise it's a team game and not all about him. He hasn't played consistently well for almost 2 seasons. He nees to play for the team or move on. We're going to be battling at the bottom of the table until we get Falmer - if Leon thinks he's better than that we're better off without him!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Knight should just go. Why does he think he is so special. His record in the Championship is pretty average. All this sulking and moaning is the kind of thing you expect from a top star.

There is no doubting his ability but for goodness sakes if his attitude is like that it has to be effecting the rest of the players.

I hope we let him go in January.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Until Chippy is back to his best or we sign a ball playing midfielder we will have to stick with the poor service to the front men and high balls pumped into the box. The more this happens the more Leon will get frustrated which is quite understandable as he isa goal scorer who needs the service and the ball played to his strength his speed and nifty footwork.

le fabue

Have an adequate day
Jan 19, 2005
Bramley
We have to do what's right for the team, not Leon.

McGhee shuffled the pack, Leon was dropped and we won a game. Time will tell if it's the right approach but hopefully Leon will knuckle down and force his way back in.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Leon has had service though and still looked lazy, rolled around on the ground and missed chances , he is not a championship striker. We are in a dogfight Leon , its not going to be pretty all the time even though this year I think we have actually looked to play more football on the ground. The best thing Leon can do is get his head down , keep it zipped and get back in the team on merit . He needs to work harder. He is very skillfull but he needs to earn the right to be picked not picked because he's Leon Knight

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
king Wombat said:
er chippys' not exactly been great this season has he.

No not really, hence our League position, but he is the only one who can pass a ball through a defence. Oh for another Denis Mortimer and Knight would score a hatful of goals!!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dougal said:
Leon has had service though and still looked lazy, rolled around on the ground and missed chances , he is not a championship striker. We are in a dogfight Leon , its not going to be pretty all the time even though this year I think we have actually looked to play more football on the ground. The best thing Leon can do is get his head down , keep it zipped and get back in the team on merit . He needs to work harder. He is very skillfull but he needs to earn the right to be picked not picked because he's Leon Knight

Rolled around on the ground? no he has not, not this year. He works his arse off most games and gets no praise, Robinson jumps for one ball and people cum over it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dougal said:
. He needs to work harder. He is very skillfull but he needs to earn the right to be picked not picked because he's Leon Knight

That is all we have except Carole a team of grafters we need Leons skill not another 100% grafter.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
BensGrandad said:
That is all we have except Carole a team of grafters we need Leons skill not another 100% grafter.

for all the skill in the world he's got 7 goals in a a season and a half, for all the skill up he's got we had won 2 games this season. He was replaced up front by someone who worked there arse off and didn't lay about, McGhee said himself this embarressed CKR into working harder . . . and although we were no better than other performances .... we won !! is that a coincidence , time will tell.

Leon Knight is a good league one striker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A striker needs the service he is quick and nifty it is no good hitting balls that Alan Shearer would chase and expecting him to chase them. Either play to his strengths and he will score goals or sell him and find a lump of wood that will run around like a mad man for 90 minutes.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I would be perfectly happy if our entire player budget for the rest of the season is spunked on a 'ball playing midfielder'

It's the player we've been missing for about 3 seasons now...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Okay, so now Leon is going to the media telling the manager the style of football that we should be playing ....... :wave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lammy said:
I would be perfectly happy if our entire player budget for the rest of the season is spunked on a 'ball playing midfielder'

It's the player we've been missing for about 3 seasons now...

Agreed 100% then the likes of Knight CKR and possibly even JR will score goals and the other midfielders can do what they do best stop the other team playing thus protecting the defence from constant pressure.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gritt23 said:
Okay, so now Leon is going to the media telling the manager the style of football that we should be playing ....... :wave:

What is ment to say? yes i am over joyed at being dropped and the league postion is a fantastic one.

the football has been dire for at least half the seasona s well.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
KinkyGoehring said:
What is ment to say? yes i am over joyed at being dropped and the league postion is a fantastic one.

the football has been dire for at least half the seasona s well.

how about say nothing whilst continuing to work hard to get back in the team ala Kerry Mayo , Gary Hart etc etc

He aint the boss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here