Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight - what is he worth?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£100k at most...

I would very much doubt any club in the CCC would be interested given his poor scoring record in this div and obvious attitude problems... I hope I'm wrong, and we manage to negotiate a swap deal with another club at our level, but... league 1 for Leon, I believe, where he clearly belongs...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
KinkyHitler said:
The banks seemed to agree with him.

really? Do you have inside knowledge then?

It takes a long time for legal papers to get served over a debt - all I am saying is that how can someone 'forget' to pay for that long a time whilst still driving the car around?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
I think his inside knowledge was the fact that it appeared in the press that it had all been cleared up.

This is prime example of how a thread gets lost.

I was not saying it hadn't now been cleared up.

However being cleared up is a hop skip and a jump different from saying that it wasn't his fault. I'd also like to point out that I am not saying it was entirely his fault either.

However, the point of my post, is that there have been a number of factors which have affected his time here. He hasn't just been poor since him and McGhee fell out - he has been poor for much of the last two seasons and during that time there have been numerous issues that have occurred that could have affected him.

Not sure about you but being served legal papers for a debt would certainly affect my concentration for a while.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ROSM said:
This is prime example of how a thread gets lost.

I was not saying it hadn't now been cleared up.

However being cleared up is a hop skip and a jump different from saying that it wasn't his fault. I'd also like to point out that I am not saying it was entirely his fault either.

However, the point of my post, is that there have been a number of factors which have affected his time here. He hasn't just been poor since him and McGhee fell out - he has been poor for much of the last two seasons and during that time there have been numerous issues that have occurred that could have affected him.

Not sure about you but being served legal papers for a debt would certainly affect my concentration for a while.

But if those papers were sent to the wrong address, a good chance it did not affect him that much?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
But if those papers were sent to the wrong address, a good chance it did not affect him that much?

fair point - but banks are fiendish people they tend to find you eventually. At work, via your agent etc etc etc

The point is that the press found out about it so they must have got to him somehow and I am sure even Leon would have been mildly anxious waiting for it to get sorted.

Trust me, I am actually trying to point out that some non football related matters do crop up in players' lives form time to time and can affect performances.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ROSM said:
fair point - but banks are fiendish people they tend to find you eventually. At work, via your agent etc etc etc

The point is that the press found out about it so they must have got to him somehow and I am sure even Leon would have been mildly anxious waiting for it to get sorted.

Trust me, I am actually trying to point out that some non football related matters do crop up in players' lives form time to time and can affect performances.

Of course there are other factors, but I suspect the main 2 are Knights attitude and the fact that him and McGhee have never really clicked, partly down to style of plays and partly I suspect as Leon's attitude and style probably mean he is not a McGhee player.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He doesn't appear to be the sort of player any reasonable manager wants... I wonder why?...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
B.W. said:
He doesn't appear to be the sort of player any reasonable manager wants... I wonder why?...
Yeah, reasonable managers like Chris Turner and Mark McGhee know he's shit, crap managers like Steve Coppell and Peter Jackson are the only ones who rate this pathetic excuse for a footballer.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Around £125,000 i reckon we could get for him in the current climate, maybe more outside Wales

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Worth about as much a Fred Binney. Doesn't matter about inflation. £zero x 20 = 0.

I don't think he is much better a than Agogo of Bristol Rovers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here