Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight - what is he worth?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Depends if the club wants a 'quick sale'. I reckon they'd bite anyone's hand off for £50,000. Not many clubs are willing to take a chance with someone with such a poor reputation.

If his contract is up at the end of the season, we can still get some money for him because he is under 24 (at least I think he is). His age and undoubted skill push the value up, but other things will be called into question at any tribunal, such as not only would he he not be under contract, the club hasn't offered a new one (unlike the scenario for Dan Harding). Nor is he a regular starter in the first team.

I can't believe that we would get more than £75,000 for him, which is why if we offload him, I don't think it would get as far as a tribunal. IF we offload him.

BensGrandad said:
Do we have to pay Chelsea 50% of ANY fee or 50% of anything over his original purchase price which I believe was £100k

This is an urban myth though. We paid something for him but it was not as much as £100k - this was from an Insider comment about a year/18 months ago.

Last edited:

KinkyHitler said:
Not as much as robbie keane

Exactly - a player who worships Mark McGhee, can the lesson be any clearer? :smokin:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
This is an urban myth though. We paid something for him but it was not as much as £100k - this was from an Insider comment about a year/18 months ago.

Didn't we get him free but had to make a payment if we got promoted (which we did)

I reckon £100K

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
I would be surprised if we get over £50k given his track record of falling out with every manager he has come across

We need will as well as skill

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
it's harsh to say fallen out with all of them - holloway tried to resign him for qpr. It just seems that when he does fall out with them, he uses the same story time and again (spot the simliarities with the comments he has made about Mcghee and Turner).

Strange thing is that Sheff wed fans hate turner but also hate knight. However on here you have to like one or the other (Mcghee or knight). It isn't an either or question.

It seems to me that people who dislike McGhee are using the Knight issue. Your enemy's enemy is your friend.

Knight has however had 3 agents in 6 years as a professional - that seems quite unusual!

btw - I reckon anything over £100k to be a good deal.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yorkie said:
Didn't we get him free but had to make a payment if we got promoted (which we did)

I reckon £100K
I read somewhere it was £50k. I think it was the Argus.

Not sure if we paid anything initially or if there's a sell on though. It's hard to distinguish facts from bollocks on here.

BensGrandad said:
Do we have to pay Chelsea 50% of ANY fee or 50% of anything over his original purchase price which I believe was £100k

I would have thought that it should be accounted for, that we have trained and nurtured this player for a few seasons, therefore our investment would outweigh any previous 'dues' toward Chelsea by now.

Just my theory on it, but we should be compensated for that anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Value is what it is worth to the owner. How many people on here at some time have had a car with a book value of next to nothing eg.£100 but the car is worth a lot more than that to you as it gets you to college work or wherever and would cost more than £100 to replace.

Is this not the same with LK what would it cost us to replace him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here