Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight trending on Twitter

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't agree with the first bit of that. He scored a goal that won us promotion on its own. How many people have EVER done that or are likely to do it again? That alone means he passes the test of being an Albion legend in my opinion. Similarly, the other players I will always remember, even when I'm 90, are people like Storer, Reinelt, Virgo and Will Buckley.

I know this site loves him and he was a decent enough player, but Guy Butters - why is he on the wall? What did he really contribute above and beyond dozens of other players of his era? Then you've got people like Hart and Mayo (not sure exactly whether they're on it), but simply racking up hundreds of appearances doesn't cut it for me. What do I get more pleasure from - Leon Knight's single kick off the ball in Cardiff or Kerry Mayo's 400 forgettable games? Will Buckley's orgasmic moment v Doncaster or Guy Butters going from joke figure to solid and dependable professional?

And how Steve Gritt isn't up there, well, that's another discussion.

I agree to some extent about your criteria - that one massively important moment is as worthy of consideration, as years of solid unspectacular service. I also agree with others though, that Knight's attitude and comments after he left, rule him out, for me personally. If he showed a total lack of respect for the club and its fans, why should the club profer this respect to him?

Agree again with Gritt, but I don't think any managers are on it, except Gus. Not even Mullery or Melia.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The whole legends wall was clearly far too hastily put together. They should have got someone like Tim Carder to nominate half the wall, and put the other half to a fans vote. The Complete Badger is right, Guy Butters ought not to be on there. But Leon Knight's penalty doesn't make him a shoo-in either, and of course his conduct since leaving the club has been shocking.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Where does he live now? Just wondering out of curiosity, because wherever it is, the locals are probably having to restrain themselves from given this two-bob pillock a right slapping.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The whole legends wall was clearly far too hastily put together. They should have got someone like Tim Carder to nominate half the wall, and put the other half to a fans vote. The Complete Badger is right, Guy Butters ought not to be on there. But Leon Knight's penalty doesn't make him a shoo-in either, and of course his conduct since leaving the club has been shocking.

Probably good diplomacy though...Cullip, Butters, Carpenter and Mayo were working for the club when it was put together.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Absolute disgrace of a person. He's not funny, and last night saw him stoop to new lows.

Whenever I see his picture on the 'legends wall' I cringe. Vile little tw*t.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gary Hart Legend...

Also, I am not sure who has termed this a "LEGENDS WALL" but my understanding is that it isn't that - it's a piece of artwork commissioned to a local Albion-supporting artist. It features iconic images and players from the club's history, but it is not a wall of club-chosen legends. If and when we unveil an official hall of fame, the AC&Hs would play a crucial role in deciding who should be inducted to that. Also, don't forget the museum is still to be opened.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm grateful for what he did on the pitch for us, but beyond that he is clearly an odious little man who has wasted what talent he did have in favour of being a knob

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here