Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight trending on Twitter

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ALSO, with every other LK thread I will pose the same question.

ANYONE remember when people on here actually THOUGHT it would be worth us giving him a trial after his "i'm a changed man" thread.

amazing.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Shamefully he is on the Albions Legends wall, he should be removed

100% agree with this... it should be removed. over the years he has hardly been complimentary about the albion.. i seem to remember him being quoted wishing we get relegated after he left the club. There are so many other more deserving players..

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think he tweeted the other day that if it weren't for football, he'd either be dead or in prison by now. Well, he's not playing football any more, so...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Leon Knight should not be on the wall. By badmouthing the club the way he did plus his consistently twatish behaviour since, he has no right to be classed a legend.
He has been very complimentary about BHAFC and his time here since. Left on bad terms and was angry about it for quite some time - some people take a long time to work through shit so I can't hold that against him.
Simon Fanshawe is a legendary Brighton resident - Apparently? :nono:
Our premier intellectual gayer, lost all his cred doing 'That's Life' for a stint and got hounded by The Sun for... being a gayer.
These days does Radio 4 type stuff. Has slight notoriety for doing a big rant on radio on how unhealthily obsessed with youth gay men are, while knocking a decade off his age on Gaydar.

Defamation and Libel should cover it. Very misjudged comments from Mr Knight.

defamation require her to have a good reputation to defend. libel requires the comments not to be true. so on this occasion as so many others she is screwed.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Doesn't Leon's 'agent' post on NSC? I reckon he might be quite busy at the moment.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
saw her in celeb big brother being a thick potential racist, saw she is a thick tart, know shes f***ed half the premiership... sounds lovely doesnt she...

My opionions... do you know her well then or are you just her knight in shinning armour? I said i hate her. I do not have to base my opionions on knowing her.
It's only a few tweets so what... storm in a tea cup..

so you think the nasty racial aspect of these offensive tweets is well deserved then.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
defamation require her to have a good reputation to defend. libel requires the comments not to be true. so on this occasion as so many others she is screwed.

But he said she IS a whore not WAS a whore.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think anybody would hold it up as an honourable career choice, to be honest.

I think to label somebody a WHORE is out of order.
Correct. FFS brighton_boy, what Knight did was indefensible. And in any case, you know what? He comes across as a tosser who is still bitter that she wouldn't actually f*** him.

ALSO, with every other LK thread I will pose the same question.

ANYONE remember when people on here actually THOUGHT it would be worth us giving him a trial after his "i'm a changed man" thread.

amazing.
When you say people, you mean about three NSC thickets. It was hardly a mass clamouring.

Doesn't Leon's 'agent' post on NSC? I reckon he might be quite busy at the moment.
No. Knight fell out with him after about 3 months. Who'd have thought it, eh?

so you think the nasty racial aspect of these offensive tweets is well deserved then.
Very much this. f***ing ridiculous assertion.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
So at the least he'll get done by the NSC grammar police!

My point was that it is still libel since he was calling in to question her current situation. If he had said an ex-whore he may well have been okay on the libel front. Not to say that calling anyone a whore is ever right.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My point was that it is still libel since he was calling in to question her current situation. If he had said an ex-whore he may well have been okay on the libel front. Not to say that calling anyone a whore is ever right.

I got your point, hadnt paid enough attention skimming through that mass of abusive tweets.
Agree that whore is a terrible thing to call someone, though I would say that I have a higher opinion of sex workers than I do of many WAG wannabes/It girls/Kiss and Tell Celebrity Cum Dumps (anyone here from channel 5 want to buy that as a programme idea?)

Oct 25, 2003
I think Mr Knight will be taught a lesson very soon.

i think he's been taught a lesson, in that what could have been a very good career has turned to shit

however, he's at the back of the classroom acting like a twat trying to get attention, probably drawing pictures of knobs or something so he's completely missed the lesson

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But he said she IS a whore not WAS a whore.

The use of current / past tense isn't relevant. He's called her a 'whore' - a prostitute. Unless he has some evidence to back up the suggestion that she offered sexual services for monetary payments, then its very clearly libellous.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Palace target, Jose Baxter, finds it "hilarious." Wolves v Palace may be interesting if he does go there.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can we all steam into him on twitter call him a loser/twat/failure etc in a 'jamie' style demolition? Go on, it will be a RIGHT laugh :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Shamefully he is on the Albions Legends wall, he should be removed

He had one good season for us, but actually turned out to be one massive prick. Get rid.

Anyone still got his phone number from the time he was posting on here? Just had quick listen to that "We Are Brighton" interview he did, and they said he posted it on the thread!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here