Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leo Ulloa

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Brilliant video! Great movement and vision, great head, strong, flair. EXACTLY what we need, he MUST sign for us.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Pretty much all of those goals (apart from the penalties and the keeper calamity) came from crosses into the box... so basically, Bruno, Bridge, Buckley, Lua Lua, Calde, Orlandi et al need to pump balls into the box and he will find it (assuming he signs of course)... the missing piece of the jigsaw I believe.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Some of them goals involved some shocking defending. Penalties and his headed goals were superb though

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Lazy, but probably the correct answer.
Award yourself a gold star.

Not harsh at all, BoF. If I'd launched into a 4-letter tirade then you may have had a point.

Good point, well made.

The main Ulloah thread contains so much dross I can't be bothered either.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Empty stadiums.

Looks good, and so many times this season balls have gone into the box but no one has been there, especially at home.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
The thought of this guy and CMS up front together makes me very moist.

Good old fashion center forward. Just what we need.

Great find by the way:clap2:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Only thing that worries me is how fast Almeria attack compared to us, we do need to attack much quicker IMO because it looks like it'll suit Ulloa.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well, he certainly seems to a) know where the goal is and b) be able to use his head just as well as his feet to find it

Could do a job - sign him up

You forgot to mention his sublime movement in and around the box!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He seems to be great at finding the net with the easy chances, great at heading and great at penalties.
And that last goal shows that he's got a decent work-rate too!

:albion:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This was an interview in March 2012.

People may, or may not find it interesting.

(translated by Google)

His name is Leo, is forward, top scorer in Argentina and its category, but it is Messi. Leonardo Ulloa, top scorer in the Spanish second division with 21 goals, has a thorn for the lack of "continuity" which took in First with Almeria, his current team. Still, he did believe that "better" last season despite only scored seven goals. The 'Cyclone' maintains that he did well for the minutes he played. With 25 years has finally reached "maturity" as a player and calls for a second chance in the Liga. If they do not give in Spain will to look out.

Question. - Has already scored 21 goals this season in the second division and still remain to compete for 13 days, how can figure believed?
Response. - The minimum target is to reach 25 goals and, from there, keep adding, whatever comes, so be it. It would be important to continue the streak, it would mean that the team is still up there fighting for promotion.

Q. - Is it his best season as a professional?
R. - is still very good in my opinion as to the goal, but last year, being in the First Division, became enough goals to minutes played. I think I did better, although they were less goals.

Q. - Do you have an outstanding debt to the Spanish Primera Division?
A. - Yes, I think I have the spine to have been only one year and not having that continuity you want. But I'll keep fighting to get me this spine, get playing regularly and feel important in First.

Q. - What do you think what you're getting Messi?
A. - I think it is scandalous. All it does still surprised every day. Looks like we have seen all of it, that does not have more to show, but still surprised, still scoring goals, no matter the opposition, no matter the time of the season ... has a regular and a spectacular quality. It is also very ambitious, always looking for more, never satisfied.

Q. - You identify with another style front, right?
A. - Yes, mostly for the way you play and physical characteristics. I really liked Gabriel Batistuta, Hernan Crespo and Enzo Francescoli, which is my idol. He was very kind, very upscale and also scoring goals of all colors.

Q. - Do you follow the Argentine championship? What do you think of the situation experienced in the game between Columbus and San Lorenzo with the goal that the referee annulled first and then gave it to Columbus?
A. - Yes, I still long. I try to watch the games and if not taken for tele, I follow computer. San Lorenzo's party and I could not see Columbus because we were returning from Valladolid. San Lorenzo games are the most looked, because I spent four years there. The situation is difficult because we are seeing in smoke by the fall and every point is important. People in Argentina is very passionate, and intensely live everything else in this situation, so we had to live this event. In Argentina over the limit at times. I hope San Lorenzo can save the category and that these things happen.

Q - Why did not actively participate in the team that won the Clausura 2007?
R. - The first game played starting because the front holder was suspended. But I was younger, I was not mature and that fact played against me. I did not have the necessary continuity in any of the three teams that played in Argentina. So, two years after I came very well Castellón to reach maturity.

Q. - What are your memories of that championship coach, Ramon Angel Diaz?
R. - The memories are good, but I played very little with it. He tried to help me, he told me how he had to desmarcarme and gave me the opportunity. That year led the team a lot and knew how to handle the press, took away the pressure on the players. It was a very good year for the club and the team did great things.

Q. - What is the best coach he has had?
R. - I had several, but the best are the ones I had at first. In Comodoro CAI Deportivo Roca and two coaches had marked me, showed me the way and how I had to move as a striker. They were the main culprits that I decided to play as a striker. When I was younger I played pivot and belt, but Commodore CAI coach put me front and Deportivo Roca taught me how to put myself.

Q. - What strange things over Argentina?
R. - The family miss her very much, because I was always very familiero and had very close. When I played in Argentina escaped and came to see me often. But now it's harder. After strange customs, roasts, mates and talks between roasts and mates. Also how soccer lives in Argentina. For better or worse, we live in Argentina with more warmth and euphoria. It's very cute.

Q - Where is best lived in the Mediterranean or River Plate?
A. - In the Mediterranean you live very well, security and tranquility. Both in Castellón and in Almeria live very quiet, we have not had any problems. In Buenos Aires there were many cars, many people. If you give me a choice, I would take the Mediterranean to Buenos Aires (laughs). The truth is that I like the tranquility that the fervor of cars and crowded streets.

Q. - How do you spend your free time? Do you have any hobbies other than football?
R. - I am much with computer bag walking the dog along the beach, with my daughter, I walk with bicycle. I try to use the time with the family and the weather, which is very good in Almería.

Q. - What do you think is the difference between Argentine and Spanish football?
A. - I think that Argentina soccer lives with more pressure because of guy you start demanding much more, from an early age. In Spain it is not so, it gives the kids time to mature each in their own pace. In Argentina it mature faster than here. Another difference is how football fans live. In Spain they live much quieter. Argentina is more passionate.

Q. - Do you like to try in another European league?
A. - Yes, all that is continue to grow if you would like. If I see that I have the ability to continue growing in Spain if I would like to experience in other leagues. I have no problem with that.

Q. - Argentina will play in one day?
R. - sure, now that I have very clear. Before you retire or before the physical itself says enough I'll get me back and spine that I have stuck by me left before maturity. I enjoy that, but also want to go back because I miss Argentine football and what is experienced in every field. People in Almeria is very quiet, as the city. People go to the court but does not live in San Lorenzo football, for example. There are at least 30,000 people and they spend the whole time singing, cheering. It's not better or worse than in Almeria but the track makes it even more difficult.

Q. - Do you dream of playing in the Albiceleste?
R. - The truth is that yes, it would be a dream to fulfill. But keep scoring goals, keep working. I have been in the ranks of Argentina and is a beautiful thing. I like to play with those cracks and wear that shirt that gives so much pride. For now, my priority is to keep working at my club and we'll see.

Leo Ulloa: - MARCA.com

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Some of them goals involved some shocking defending. Penalties and his headed goals were superb though

As i mentioned above, his movement is outstanding, which makes the defending look awful at times...just my humble opinion like.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Q. - What do you think what you're getting Messi?

I've read that question several times and I've come to the conclusion that Ulloa got Messi in a very early Secret Santa draw.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Any spanish speakers able to translate brian owens tweets re ulloa. Tried google but cant get it working

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Some penalties, some tap-ins but some stonking headers too!

All we have got to do is play to his strengths and he will score. Thats that buggered then Gus will soon find his weaknesses and play to them. He will look crap and NSC will have a field day slagging him off like CMS.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here