Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leicester tried to hijack Vicente deal!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That was Pardew, and we could have had him. We kindly told him to piss off after he changed his wage demands. That is from the chairman himself, who holds dinners (i think they're monthly) with randomly selected ST holders so they can discuss the club.

Nice chairman... telling the world and his dog people's personal business. Someone worth trusting!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Is it just me or does the Gatwick signing story just seem like a load of shit?

If true then fair play, but here are my reasons as to why I smell :shit

1. If Vicente hadn't signed why would he have taken pictures in the North Stand with a shirt. Saying he left in a hurry seems to be a void statement as he would have had a few snap in whatever meeting room h was in the he would have left.

2. The whole running down a contract as club officials waited at the security seems a liitle odd. Anyone could have tampered with the papers and slipped in anything they wanted, like a LCFC contract.

3. What kind of people would be involved in a 2 day contract negotiation. knowing that other clubs could come in for the man, would then let him leave the amex without actually having him sign "something"!!!

this whole story really seems so far fetched.
an albion supporter running the contract down to a terminal where a player and his agent eagerly await the paperwork???
And the agent asking which line is the pay bit???? So he didn't even read the contract????
I call bollocks, but would love to be proved wrong as it is a decent story and if true a great thing for the supporter.
???

This.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I find it uplifting we are signing players who want to play for (G)us and not all about the money, unlike some people cough*Murray*cough

To be fair to Murray hes no multi millionaire like Viiiiiiiiiceeenteee. All said its still really refreshing that he is prepared to play for a fraction of what he could get elsewhere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1. If Vicente hadn't signed why would he have taken pictures in the North Stand with a shirt. Saying he left in a hurry seems to be a void statement as he would have had a few snap in whatever meeting room h was in the he would have left.
I don't know how long it takes to type up a contract, if it took long enough, it is possible he had time to pose for picks while the contract was being done.
2. The whole running down a contract as club officials waited at the security seems a liitle odd. Anyone could have tampered with the papers and slipped in anything they wanted, like a LCFC contract.
I agree with you there, it is odd.
3. What kind of people would be involved in a 2 day contract negotiation. knowing that other clubs could come in for the man, would then let him leave the amex without actually having him sign "something"!!!

this whole story really seems so far fetched.
an albion supporter running the contract down to a terminal where a player and his agent eagerly await the paperwork???
And the agent asking which line is the pay bit???? So he didn't even read the contract????
I call bollocks, but would love to be proved wrong as it is a decent story and if true a great thing for the supporter.
???
It sure is a very odd story. Presumably the photo is proof that the supporter did meet him. If that's all that happened, why not just post that on here, that would be a good enough story as it is. So while the story is strange, making it up would be just as odd.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
There is a pic - in the main Vicente thread.

All that picture proves is some bloke who possibly works at Gatwick met him at the airport!!! Where is the contract? I still don't believe this. I think someone at the club would be able to xlear this up.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
The part that really made me question it was when he said the agent asked him where the pay signature bit was on the contract, and he was able to just point it out to him??? wtf got to be a wind up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The part that really made me question it was when he said the agent asked him where the pay signature bit was on the contract, and he was able to just point it out to him??? wtf got to be a wind up.
Indeed, it's a wind up. Good one though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There is no way Tony Bloom would allow a contract out of his sight unless it was with the club's lawyers.

All seems to be a bit far fetched but a good story nonetheless.

There is no way Tony Bloom would allow a contract out of his sight unless it was with the club's lawyers.

All seems to be a bit far fetched but a good story nonetheless.

Unless it's an "agree to sign for" contract and the real one is signed on Tuesday at the press conference.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I reckon the story is very believable. Why make it up? All seems quite possible to me.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
If you believe Tony Bloom is a mug.
I however believe Seagullinho is pulling the wool over many peoples eyes.
It is unrealistic, unprofessional, and just doesn't happen in business. Sorry.
Someone on here surely works at the club and can clarify this??

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
shows how limited you lot are when it comes to football then doesn't it.............................bragging about making a bad error of judgement. Does you no favours

Or maybe we didn't think he was worth the £15k/week he wanted.... which he isn't.

Nice chairman... telling the world and his dog people's personal business. Someone worth trusting!

It wasn't anything we didn't already know. Anything commercially sensitive we will not disclose. This does not come under this category.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It wasn't anything we didn't already know. Anything commercially sensitive we will not disclose. This does not come under this category.

Really? So what category does it come under? Low life scum?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone who has been to the Midland hole that is Leicester will understand why they have to offer that kind of money. Leicester or Brighton? Hmmmm.

I find it refreshing that people choose to come to Brighton for footballing reasons rather than financial ones but you're a bit wide of the mark calling Leicester a hole. It's a pretty pleasant city with some top-notch curry houses and surrounded by some scenic areas.

There's plenty of things to dislike about Sven's band of mercenaries but geography shouldn't be one of them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Or maybe we didn't think he was worth the £15k/week he wanted.... which he isn't.

Individual salaries are not "sensitive"? No wonder you have struggled to sign your targets (and before you say anythinng read Adkins' interviews saying how busy he expected to be over the deadline period and then compare how much business you did)

You managed to under-rate one of the best full backs in the league deciding unilaterally that he "wasn't worth it" - sorry pal but you were wrong :D
His goals alone last season proved that

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Individual salaries are not "sensitive"? No wonder you have struggled to sign your targets (and before you say anythinng read Adkins' interviews saying how busy he expected to be over the deadline period and then compare how much business you did)

You managed to under-rate one of the best full backs in the league deciding unilaterally that he "wasn't worth it" - sorry pal but you were wrong :D
His goals alone last season proved that

It's not sensitive if it didn't happen. He said that's what he wanted and that we wern't willing to pay that. Nothing wrong with that imo. All he has said is Lallana and Lambert are the highest paid players in the squad. We all knew that and no figures given out.

We had a couple of deals in place, pulled out of the Gorkss one, and went for Fontaine from Bristol, he failed his medical so never happened. Also Burnley and Bristol wanted far too much for Rodriguez and Burnley respectively. We dipped into the loan market signing a 6'5 CB from Celtic until January, I'd expect us to get one more loan in, a quick forward. Otherwise we're set.

Expect us to make some moves in January, depending on what position we are in. We have a 5 year plan. Rushing to the Premier League this year probably wouldn't be a good idea as we would not be prepared, neither would you if you went straight up. We need a year to consolidate, then push on next year. That is all we're expecting.

As it stands we believe our squad is good and deep enough to achieve what it needs to.

If you believe Tony Bloom is a mug.
I however believe Seagullinho is pulling the wool over many peoples eyes.
It is unrealistic, unprofessional, and just doesn't happen in business.
As I've said on the other thread ... yes it does, all the time. And you don't need a signature to achieve a contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here