Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leicester tried to hijack Vicente deal!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Dont like Leicster and there lets buy the league policy anyway. Destined to end in tears

Definately they are throwing so much money about that its literally all in in terms of the premiership, if they fail to get there surely they will majorly suffer financially

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Totally agree. They have a half-interested manager with a lot of ex-premier league mercenaries, not interested in Leicester, only getting one last pay packet.

The same formula that Harry used with Pompey about 10 years ago - and it worked.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
btw I now dislike Sven Bleedin' Erickson and Leicester nearly as much as I disrespect Adkins and the twats along the coast for trying to nick Calde off us last year

That was Pardew, and we could have had him. We kindly told him to piss off after he changed his wage demands. That is from the chairman himself, who holds dinners (i think they're monthly) with randomly selected ST holders so they can discuss the club.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Anyone who has been to the Midland hole that is Leicester will understand why they have to offer that kind of money. Leicester or Brighton? Hmmmm.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
From the other thread.........

right, just got back from work. this is my 2nd Nsc post. My 1st was on here earlier about the best day at work ever! I've been a fan since I can remember, my Dad used to take me to the Goldstone as a kid, done the Withdean, loving Amex life etc etc. So for this to happen to an Albion fan is amazing.I work at Lgw (gatwick airport).The time was around 1.30pm. I was securing the sky when I spot a non football supervisor running towards me. He says " you know football don`t you?" "yep " I reply, how can I help? he tells me he`s got a contract handed to him outside central search by some football club and he`s got to run it to the gate to get it signed before the player gets on the plane. "who is it I ask?" "eeeerrrrr?? someone called Vincente" says this non football supervisor. At this point I don't quite remember what I said? something like go go go go fekin go!!! I find myself sprinting off with the supervisor up and over the link bridge towards gate 102 to the easyjet Valencia flight. As we get to the bottom of the link bridge escalator my supervisor says "do you know what he looks like?" "damn right I do!!" and I see his agent to pacing up and down on his mobile with the legend Vicente sitting waiting for his contract to arrive at the gate. I introduced myself in the little Spanish I know( just enough to tell him what we had and what was going on) I then had to explain he had to sign on each line marked with an X. As I'm watching this immense player signing the contract for the Albion, the agent says to me " where is the payment section?" I point it out for him (sadly, I didn't see how much he will earn) "thanks" says the agent "no probs" I say. then I ask for a picture with the legend Vicente, he poses with me, and off and away we sprint to handover the signed contract back to the suits outside central search. What an incredible day! Without doubt one of the greatest moments of my life!! that's how it went down at lgw today. picture to follow.

:needpics:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That was Pardew, and we could have had him. We kindly told him to piss off after he changed his wage demands. That is from the chairman himself, who holds dinners (i think they're monthly) with randomly selected ST holders so they can discuss the club.

Believe that if you want... are we keeping up with you BTW?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Anyone who has been to the Midland hole that is Leicester will understand why they have to offer that kind of money. Leicester or Brighton? Hmmmm.

A Midland hole? Have you ever been there? There's no doubt that for most of us nowhere can compare with living down here, but Leicester's got a lot more to offer that many places I've visited in my lifetime. Maybe you should have a mooch round Coventry - or perhaps Tipton & Walsall - & see if you end up thinking the same?? 'Bet you won't.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently Leicester were offering 3 times as much in wages as we were
How do you guys know, has this been reported anywhere?

So when your chairman is having beers with your ST holders, giving it the big I am, you think he's going to stick to the truth? As if.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The same formula that Harry used with Pompey about 10 years ago - and it worked.

Difference is Pompey had a really good management team of Redknapp and Jim Smith. Redknapp was hungry to get back into the prem and he worked really well with the experience of Smith. I just cant believe that Sven is that bothered either way.

All the players Pompey brought in were high earners but were free transfers whereas Leicester have spent 10 mill on 2 players alone with Mills and Beckford. The Championship is also a lot stronger now. I personally think the Leicester project will end in tears

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well I'm extremely heartened by the the fact that an extremely talented & experienced player has decided to join a club (ok, us!) for footballing reasons - & not primarily for financial gain. There's hope for the game yet. :thumbsup:

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Is it just me or does the Gatwick signing story just seem like a load of shit?

If true then fair play, but here are my reasons as to why I smell :shit

1. If Vicente hadn't signed why would he have taken pictures in the North Stand with a shirt. Saying he left in a hurry seems to be a void statement as he would have had a few snap in whatever meeting room h was in the he would have left.

2. The whole running down a contract as club officials waited at the security seems a liitle odd. Anyone could have tampered with the papers and slipped in anything they wanted, like a LCFC contract.

3. What kind of people would be involved in a 2 day contract negotiation. knowing that other clubs could come in for the man, would then let him leave the amex without actually having him sign "something"!!!

this whole story really seems so far fetched.
an albion supporter running the contract down to a terminal where a player and his agent eagerly await the paperwork???
And the agent asking which line is the pay bit???? So he didn't even read the contract????
I call bollocks, but would love to be proved wrong as it is a decent story and if true a great thing for the supporter.
???

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
this is bound to happen now,clueless twats like sven are gonna think,'oh gus wants him,he must be good'.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
this is bound to happen now,clueless twats like sven are gonna think,'oh gus wants him,he must be good'.

The board of these clubs will also have alarm bells ringing. They'll be thinking "why can't we get these players as they don't just play for less money for no reason". Gus has vision of how he wants the team to play, many players like/respect that and attracts them. Just offering large salaries to try and get players doesn't always work. It's the same anywhere, I could earn a fair bit more money working for another company, however my current employer offers "enough" and I get nice perks (short commute, work from home, nice team, good working conditions etc.). Not everyone is a mercenary.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

shows how limited you lot are when it comes to football then doesn't it.............................bragging about making a bad error of judgement. Does you no favours

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dont like Leicster and there lets buy the league policy anyway. Destined to end in tears

For their creditors again, no doubt. A t least Palace have got natural rivals on the financial side of football.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Twitter was alive with it yesterday that they had contacted his agent with a big cash offer but he had already committed to the Gus Bus. As Naylor was saying, it wasn't about money but it was all about the club's philosphy, playing style and him feeling that he would enjoy being hereand contribute to our success. Terms were agreed but he had to make his flight home so while he went to Gatwick the club had the contract terms typed up and then couriered it over to the airport where a member of the serviceair team ran it through to the departure lounge for his signature - he posted on the big thread last night to confirm what had happened.

I'm a little perplexed by this story. Why wasn't a solicitor present to witness and counter sign? I'd have thought that would be rather paramount?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

This is exactly why The Albion now keep all transfer targets close to their chests. Things are different now. Before, DK needed to feed us names in order to help sell season tickets. The Amex has changed all of that and I love the way Gus and TB now keep everything in-house until a deal is done. I also understand DK's reasons for the way he worked the transfer market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here