Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leicester tried to hijack Vicente deal!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
It's not sensitive if it didn't happen. He said that's what he wanted and that we wern't willing to pay that. Nothing wrong with that imo. All he has said is Lallana and Lambert are the highest paid players in the squad. We all knew that and no figures given out.

We had a couple of deals in place, pulled out of the Gorkss one, and went for Fontaine from Bristol, he failed his medical so never happened. Also Burnley and Bristol wanted far too much for Rodriguez and Burnley respectively. We dipped into the loan market signing a 6'5 CB from Celtic until January, I'd expect us to get one more loan in, a quick forward. Otherwise we're set.

Expect us to make some moves in January, depending on what position we are in. We have a 5 year plan. Rushing to the Premier League this year probably wouldn't be a good idea as we would not be prepared, neither would you if you went straight up. We need a year to consolidate, then push on next year. That is all we're expecting.

As it stands we believe our squad is good and deep enough to achieve what it needs to.

...and delighted Celtic supporters in the process.....[Link] Hooiveld - TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
It's a 6 month loan. He's an unknown quantity, for all we know he could be quality. He hasn't been given the number 5, i think it is so we are still in the market for a full time CB.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
From the other thread.........

btw I now dislike Sven Bleedin' Erickson and Leicester nearly as much as I disrespect Adkins and the twats along the coast for trying to nick Calde off us last year

I never liked Sven, poor motivator, doesn't fit into English football.
+ my nan could have done as good a job as England manager with those players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here