Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester on saturday.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
Don't be too worried about us as we are definitely in the middle of a transition within the team. We've not quite got it right at the back and are suspect to a quick break. We do have the players in our back four to be very solid but not quite there yet. Our midfield has been non existent in several matches and Ritchie Wellens is not the player he was although on occasion he brings his form back.
Gallacher is very poor but scores the odd wonder goal, we do have Drinkwater who looks a very able player from the the brief appearances he has had, our game against Middlesborough changed last night when he came on. Ben Marshall from Stoke should be on the bench, not seen him play but apparently Stoke fans are gutted hes gone.
You do need to worry about Beckford, he looks very happy and comfortable since Pearson came back and he could have scored 3 or 4 last night and has been banging them in recently. He's forming a good partnership with Nugent.
If all goes well nobody will be wanting to play us towards the end if the season as it does seem to be coming together slowly but a lot f us think it's too late for this time round and we are hoping to improve and then have a proper go at it next season.

Mr Mattock, what can I say, we loathe him and he will get constant abuse if he plays tomorrow. If he plays for you like he did for us you have a great player but I'm not sure he's lived up to his early promise. As a person he is a grade 1 dick and that's why we hate him and because he hits girls.

Looking very much forward to the game and going to your new stadium, tickets are like hot cakes and sold out in a couple of days and people are still begging around our forums to get them.

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
On the official website there are mentions of LuaLua & Tarrico both being fit as well as all the loan signings being fit. Nooney touch and go and needing to prove his fitness and our other longer term injuries however a deafening silence regarding Vicente who is the only player who gets no mention at all! And yet we are still expected to believe that there is no other issue with him?! That surely has to indicate some other kind of problem if he doesn't even get mentioned.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Brezovan

Reyes
Dunk
Greer
El-Abd

Buckley
Sparrow
Bridcutt
JFC

CMS
Vokes

Subs: Mattock, Vicente (been training all week!!!), Barnes, Vincelot, LuaLua/Noone

I think realistically that could be the team, AEA is solid at left back even though it's not his natural position. Can't see Gus dropping him or dunk. News that the mysterious spainiard Vicente has been training with the first team all week is positive so could make the bench!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Would like to see:

---------Brezovan-----------
Reyes - Greer - Dunk - El Abd
Buckley - Bridcutt - JFC - Lualua
-------CMS - Vokes-----------

If Reyes isn't fit, Calderon.

Subs: Ankergren, Barnes, Noone, Sparrow, Mattock

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Brezovan

Reyes
Dunk
Greer
El-Abd

Buckley
Sparrow
Bridcutt
JFC

CMS
Vokes

Subs: Mattock, Vicente (been training all week!!!), Barnes, Vincelot, LuaLua/Noone

I think realistically that could be the team, AEA is solid at left back even though it's not his natural position. Can't see Gus dropping him or dunk. News that the mysterious spainiard Vicente has been training with the first team all week is positive so could make the bench!

I hope you're right, I'm desperate for him to play and show us his talent and want to be proved wrong about him. Maybe Gus doesn't want to say anything about him in case he is injured again and just wants to keep it low profile.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Tarrico is fit which makes it even more interesting

We could even start with this fantastic eleven

Brezovan

Reyes
El-Abd
Greer
Taricco

Buckley
JFC
Bridcutt
Vicente

CMS
Vokes

Subs: Ankergren, Mattock, Sparrow, Barnes, LuaLua

However, pretty certain Barnes will start, perhaps swapped with Vicente or Vokes, as Gus described him as the best player vs Palace.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wish we could get 7 on the bench again.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
This is going to be probably our toughest game of the season. When Hull came down here with Pearson in charge. I was very impressed with him, thought they were disciplined, strong at the back and looked dangerous on the break. I'm expecting exact same thing with him now in charges of The Foxes.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is going to be probably our toughest game of the season. When Hull came down here with Pearson in charge. I was very impressed with him, thought they were disciplined, strong at the back and looked dangerous on the break. I'm expecting exact same thing with him now in charges of The Foxes.

I saw Hull the game after Pearson left and I thought Hull looked very good (without Pearson inhibiting their style of play). His record at Leicester is impressive though. I would not write us of even if we go 0-2 down though.

PS: last season I though Murray was more likely to score than Barnes. This season looks a better player (the better of the two) without Murray around.

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Ideally I would like to see JFC's run in the team continue. I am a big fan but feel he went missing a bit against Newcastle and wonder if the competition from Reyes (who knows maybe even Vicente?) for places will see him drop to the bench?

I guess thats one of the mixed blessings of having a stronger squad with most of them now fit to play. Can see one or two getting frustrated if they don't even make it onto the bench, but hopefully will motivate those who want to impress Gus.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
On the official website there are mentions of LuaLua & Tarrico both being fit as well as all the loan signings being fit. Nooney touch and go and needing to prove his fitness and our other longer term injuries however a deafening silence regarding Vicente who is the only player who gets no mention at all! And yet we are still expected to believe that there is no other issue with him?! That surely has to indicate some other kind of problem if he doesn't even get mentioned.

According to the argus this morning, he has trained with the team 3 times this week- more than he has done on consecutive days since he joined us. The argus suggested it was looking 'hopeful'.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Don't be too worried about us as we are definitely in the middle of a transition within the team. We've not quite got it right at the back and are suspect to a quick break. We do have the players in our back four to be very solid but not quite there yet. Our midfield has been non existent in several matches and Ritchie Wellens is not the player he was although on occasion he brings his form back.
Gallacher is very poor but scores the odd wonder goal, we do have Drinkwater who looks a very able player from the the brief appearances he has had, our game against Middlesborough changed last night when he came on. Ben Marshall from Stoke should be on the bench, not seen him play but apparently Stoke fans are gutted hes gone.
You do need to worry about Beckford, he looks very happy and comfortable since Pearson came back and he could have scored 3 or 4 last night and has been banging them in recently. He's forming a good partnership with Nugent.
If all goes well nobody will be wanting to play us towards the end if the season as it does seem to be coming together slowly but a lot f us think it's too late for this time round and we are hoping to improve and then have a proper go at it next season.

Mr Mattock, what can I say, we loathe him and he will get constant abuse if he plays tomorrow. If he plays for you like he did for us you have a great player but I'm not sure he's lived up to his early promise. As a person he is a grade 1 dick and that's why we hate him and because he hits girls.

Looking very much forward to the game and going to your new stadium, tickets are like hot cakes and sold out in a couple of days and people are still begging around our forums to get them.

A bit worried about Beckford and Nugent tbh. Our game relies on us wining the midfield battles so hope that your comments re. your midfield turn out to be true. We also have Buckley whose very fast and has a fantastic shot on him so hopefully he'll trouble you on the break!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Still reckon its going to be a difficult game for us because Pearson always gets his teams well organised. Re the stadium, and based on other fans opinions, remember its still got 8,000 more seats to be installed in the summer and be prepared:

To love it if you win
Hate it if you loose
Be divided if you draw!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
A bit worried about Beckford and Nugent tbh. Our game relies on us wining the midfield battles so hope that your comments re. your midfield turn out to be true. We also have Buckley whose very fast and has a fantastic shot on him so hopefully he'll trouble you on the break!!

And doesn't Beckford like scoring against us

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Don't get me wrong, Tarrico has been a fabulous player and is still capable of turning it on though probably not for the whole 90 minutes.

With only three substitutes allowed out of a named five, I just don't see how Gus can continue to include him (at the age of is it 37), all the more so now that we have recruited resources for that position. We must move forward, hopefully the loan signings are with a view to signing on permanent contracts and additionally we should continuing to blood new players from the DS.

As I stressed, MT has done a fantastic job for the Albion but perhaps it is time to make greater use of his absolutely undoubted abilities OFF the pitch.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011

Depends on which Matt Mills turns up, he can be awesome one game and then make several stupid mistakes the next.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011

Yes Beckford has been on fire six goals in the last four games and it should ave been more. You will be ok if Gallacher plays, watch him e never makes a tackle and if he has the ball he stops if an opposing player gets within a metre of him, he really is our weak link in the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here