Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester on saturday.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Forget my last post. Wasn't thinking....

What I'd like -

--------------Brez------------
Jara-----AEA---GG------Mattock---

----------Bridcutt------------------

Noone-------------------LuaLua

Buckley-----CMS-------Vokes

Subs: Vincelot - Barnes - JFC - Calde - Ankers

Realistically -

--------------Brez------------
Jara-----AEA---GG------Mattock---

Noone------ Bridcutt ---------Sparrow

Buckley-----CMS-------Barnes

Subs: Ankers, Vokes, Calde, Lua Lua, Navs

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Brez
Calderon - Greer - El Abd - Mattock
JFC - Bridcutt - Sparrow
Buckley - Barnes
CMS

Subs: Ank, Dunk, LuaLua, Vicente, Vokes

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This used to be easy ... back 5 + Bridcutt picked themselves as did any fit winger + CMS and Barnes .... now it's almost impossible so I won't bother

But, I'd be very surprised if he started all 3 newbies ... we've been in good form of late and Leicester are a powerful team well overdue slaughtering someone ... I think Gus will rely on the known before throwing too much new in ... saying that I reckon Mattock will start as we're well short of a LB with Jara (if fit) and Vokes on bench.

Bit fearful of this game, Leicester will wake up sometime very soon

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This used to be easy ... back 5 + Bridcutt picked themselves as did any fit winger + CMS and Barnes .... now it's almost impossible so I won't bother

But, I'd be very surprised if he started all 3 newbies ... we've been in good form of late and Leicester are a powerful team well overdue slaughtering someone ... I think Gus will rely on the known before throwing too much new in ... saying that I reckon Mattock will start as we're well short of a LB with Jara (if fit) and Vokes on bench.

Bit fearful of this game, Leicester will wake up sometime very soon
draw me thinks

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
This is possibly the hardest team to pick. We've got so much depth and strength it's impossible not to leave someone good out the team.

Been longing to say that, in some ways. A fully fit(90%) squad, strong players, with great ability. And struggling to choose! Spoilt.
Edit: Who thought there would be a time where we could afford to not play Nooney or Kaz? Or not have to start them...

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
draw me thinks

That's what I've got in my predictor and (although they're below us in league and we're at home with as strong as squad as we've had all season) I hope so. I reckon this game will really test us. Leicester know that if they lose this they will be in real danger of missing the play off's and given their investment I think that would be catastrophic. They'll throw the kitchen sink at us.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Very, very difficult to drop Barnes. Might CMS be dropped for Vokes?

I think we'll start with same team as against Palace personally but I give up on attempting to put forward a team as too much choice but ideally would hope to see Reyes involved as he has a lot of quality.

Do we know anything about Mattock?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Very, very difficult to drop Barnes. Might CMS be dropped for Vokes?

I think we'll start with same team as against Palace personally but I give up on attempting to put forward a team as too much choice but ideally would hope to see Reyes involved as he has a lot of quality.

Do we know anything about Mattock?

All I know is Leicester hate him and Pompey love him.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Dreams

----------------Brez------------
Jara----Dunk---GG---Mattock

--------------Bridcutt------------------

Barnes(Kaz if fit)--------------Vicente(Sub for JFC after 60)

Buckley-----CMS-------Vokes

Bench: Barnes/Kaz, Noone, JFC, Calde, Toby

Realistically

--------------------Brez---------------
Calde-------Dunk---GG--------AEA

-----------------Bridcutt------------------

Buckley---------JFC----------Barnes

-------------CMS-------Vokes--------

Bench: Mattock, Jara, Harley, Vincelot, Toby

Geo

Oct 18, 2010
Heathfield
Right here are my thoughts for whatever they are worth

We will see little change at the start for the Leicester game except Gus will probably bring Reyes on IF he is fit. Gus has always rated him and he has pure class. It seems that Reyes will dislodge Calderon. Also Vokes is likely to come on in the second half as we saw at Palace. The big question is who will he relace? My guess is probaly Sparrow but depends what is happening in mid field at the time. Barnes will be on to start and my guess is he will be subbed around 70 mins for Adgestein. Adam is unlikely to go to the bench as he has been the bedrock at the back. Mattock will be on the bench but will see first action at Leeds or Liverpool. Remember Gus has said he needs to earn his place in the line up. (ARGUS). Also I would bring in Noone from the start if he is fit. So with all this, my line up is as follows:

Brezovan.
Reyes - Greer - Dunk - El Abd
Bridcutt - Sparrow (Vokes)
Noone - Barnes(Adgestein) - Buckley
CMS

on the bench would be Ankergren,Vokes, Adgestein, Mattock, Calderon

Last edited:

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Brezovan
Calderon~Greer~Dunk~El-Abd
Bridcutt~Reyes
Buckley~Vicente~Barnes
CMS​

Subs: Ankergren, Sparrow, JFC, LuaLua, Vokes

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would start with

Brezovan

Vincelot
Greer
El Abd
Mattock

Buckley
Bridcutt
Reyes
Sparrow
Barnes

CMS.

As I think that Vincelot will do a better job than Calderon has recently and I prefer El Abd in the middle than Dunk BUT, Lecister have quite a good attacking force.

I am not Gus.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I was thinking that Calderon's form had improved? Newcastle and Palace he played well?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Pleased Lua Lua has been declared fit. Nooney not yet 100% ready so may miss out again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here