Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester on saturday.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Noone will likely be on the bench saturday - I ran into him at the cinema this evening, really nice guy, he said he was fit again but would most likely be on the bench as he hasn't played in a few weeks. Great news.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I seriously wonder if CMS might be dropped & be replaced by Vokes.

Maybe but I think CMS will start and as in midweek Vokes to make an appearance later on. I don`t think Gus would ideally want to start with Bridcutt AND Navarro in midfield so maybe Reyes if fit will slot in there alongside Sparrow. No place for JFC this week methinks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So ........

Brez

Calderon Dunk Greer El Abd

Bridcutt

Buckley Sparrow Reyes Barnes

CMS

Navarro - Vincelot - Noone - Vokes - Ankers

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If he's fit Reyes has to start....he's absolute quality.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
No way will Gus choose Vokes, a player he signed two days ago, to replace CMS, when the whole reason of bringing him in is to give CMS support.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why change a winning team, except that Simpson was allowed to get forward a bit too much forward in the first half for Newcastle.

BBC Sport - Leicester 1-0 Brighton

I would not be surprised if Mattock plays at left back. I would be inclined to play Craig Noone.

I would not like to think we would underestimate Wellens for Leicester.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
So ........

Brez

Jara Reyes - El-Abd - Greer - Mattock

Bridcutt

Noone Lua Lua

Sparrow

CMS Vokes

.............................. .............................

Vincelot - Barnes - JFC - Calde - Ankers

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As people have said, you can't justify dropping Barnes. Vokes on for the last 30 mins or so if things aren't going our way...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think depending on how Vokes and CMS are linking up in training it might be worth dropping Barnes. However, I'd be surprised if they've had much time to really work on that yet so I'd probably expect to see Barnes starting for at least a few games.

I suppose there's also a chance that Gus may be trying to keep their partnership hidden (if one exists yet) to spring on Liverpool? That's just a theory though, and admittedly probably one that's wrong given Gus's focus on the league.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
So ........

Brez

Jara Reyes - El-Abd - Greer - Mattock

Bridcutt

Noone Lua Lua

Sparrow

CMS Vokes

.............................. .............................

Vincelot - Barnes - JFC - Calde - Ankers

And Buckley ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As people have said, you can't justify dropping Barnes. Vokes on for the last 30 mins or so if things aren't going our way...
Totally agree. No way will Vokes start.

And can anyone remember our defence as a squad looking as strong as this? Mattock, Reyes, Calde, Greer, Dunk, El Abd, let alone Vincelot.

Christ. Good job Reyes and Mattock can play midfield, although with THREE wingers all looking to be involved, we've got the same issue there.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we set up defending with navarro and bridcutt together we will lose..If we set up to try and win the game instead of making sure we dont lose it,then we can win.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Totally agree. No way will Vokes start.

And can anyone remember our defence as a squad looking as strong as this? Mattock, Reyes, Calde, Greer, Dunk, El Abd, let alone Vincelot.

Christ. Good job Reyes and Mattock can play midfield, although with THREE wingers all looking to be involved, we've got the same issue there.

Be really interested to see who Gus picks for the back four, Reyes perhaps still injured? Will Mattock replace El-Abd? As for the wingers, surely Noone or LuaLua won't even make the 16 :eek: (assuming they're both fit)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here