Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Decent first half I thought.

That guy who shoved Mac Allister over from behind should definitely have got a yellow!

Fiskmås

Seems a bit of hubris has crept in after the Chelsea game. Going for exquisite little passes, and failing, instead of playing the easy ball to someone with space to run.

A few quick changes, and it could improve dramatically, though.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Poor first half. Giving the ball away every time we have possession.

That's just not true.

Methinks too much comparison with the performance against Chelsea. We're never going to play that well every game. We're not great today but still doing all right away from home against a good side.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sloppy, and now we know what we are capable of, disappointing.

Still 0-0, and nothing a quick Zoom meet can't sort :thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Poor quality half of football objectively from both sides, Leicester edging it. Lookman really should've scored. Sloppy on the ball and some tired looking players out there (Moder especially) and Maupay having a bit of a stinker. Burn playing really well.

Still, holding them at 0-0 and would be delighted with a point however it comes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It seems the ball is kicking up at funny angles, happening for both teams. Can't blame Maupay for all of the misplaced passes....although he's not helped himself with his pass selection

Not sure if I'm imagining it, but also seem to be more players slipping than usual. Almost as if the pitch has been over watered.

Anyway, no excuses. We've been poor first half, especially compared to recent performances. Glad to be going in all square at this point.

Hopefully we can turn it around 2nd half.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For a team with an ethos based on possession of the football we aren’t half shite at keeping hold of it sometimes

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Defended solidly, but been our own worst enemy elsewhere, constantly giving the ball away very cheaply. Need to tighten up a lot, can’t get away with that forever.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure if I'm imagining it, but also seem to be more players slipping than usual. Almost as if the pitch has been over watered.

Anyway, no excuses. We've been poor first half, especially compared to recent performances. Glad to be going in all square at this point.

Hopefully we can turn it around 2nd half.
They watered the centre of the pitch for ages before ko

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bring on Lamptey now (Gross) to change the whole impetus of the match. Don't wait to go 1 down.

I think Groß has been one of our better players actually. Do have to laugh though whenever he gets in a foot race or 50/50 though. Love the guy but he isn't the quickest sprinter!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here