Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Poor first half. Giving the ball away every time we have possession.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Poor half of football overall. Leicester shaded it but largely due to us losing/giving away possession too easily. Maupay not at the races. Happy to go in level and hope for better second half.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
HT 0-0.

Pretty sloppy form us for large parts, gifting Leicester chance after chance. Fortunately, they've been wasteful in front of goal.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Very much in this but one of the most sloppiest performances I have seen, how many times have we given away possession this half?

I don’t see any forced changes but a bollocking might be in order

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Maupay’s first touch seems to have deserted him in both this match and when he came on against Chelsea.

Alzate also made two consecutive runs where he plays the ball too far ahead and loses possession.

Odd first half. Not actually bad as such but definitely a little sloppy. Still very much in this and the three points are there to be taken.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This is exactly why we need another striker this window. When Maupay is not in form, we need an option. Welbeck wasn’t great against Chelsea so I can see why Neal got the start but we need another option up front.

Agreed but I think that's why Ferguson should be there because he knows the style and ok one game against lower opposition but looked good against WBA.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Happy to get to half time all square, they look more threatening and we’ve given away possession in bad areas a lot more than usual. Nothing’s really clicked in the final third either with Maupay continuing his poor form from the Chelsea game - would hope we’ll see Welbeck sooner rather than later

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I'll take 0-0, we were on the back foot for a lot of that half because we kept giving the ball away, however positives are good shape defensively and trossard and cucurella both look up for it. one or two others need to get their act together in the second half though

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It seems the ball is kicking up at funny angles, happening for both teams. Can't blame Maupay for all of the misplaced passes....although he's not helped himself with his pass selection

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here