Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Did we lose to Fulham? And the Newport goal was a hideous goalkeeping error!

So because we didn’t lose that makes it fine and there are no issues which need to be addressed?

“Well the patient survived, how dare you criticise me for sowing the arm onto where his nose was then leaving a syringe sticking into his spleen.”

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Burn was the highest rated player on both Sofascore and Whoscored even after his error.

The response here is disproportionate.

I agree one of comments about Burn was downright stupid but fact is was very poor tonight. In one to one situations he so often gets beaten. Goal was just terrible defending by him. Scorer was in front of him and odd he just left him in that space. Apart from final ball good going forward but no defender. Potter has played him at CB, left back. wingback and even 20mins at C,forward v Sheffield so cant see Potter leaving him out. Just hope Grealish doesnt play on right.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So because we didn’t lose that makes it fine and there are no issues which need to be addressed?

“Well the patient survived, how dare you criticise me for sowing the arm onto where his nose was then leaving a syringe sticking into his spleen.”

No issues as far as I'm concerned. I'm more than happy with the way things are going thank you very much.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what your on about.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I guess I don't get why Karbownik, being 2 footed and has played most of his career at LB is preferred at RWB. And a more right footed player is played at LWB. I'm sure Potter has his reasons though!

Karbownik is actually a right-footed player - Michal Karbownik: Brighton’s versatile new signing and Golden Boy nominee

Michal c, who has followed Karbownik’s rapid progress as a writer for Polish football website LaczyNasPilka.pl, tells The Athletic: “Everything happened so fast for him. ...He was used as a back-up in some training sessions at left-back, out of position, because Legia had huge problems there.

“Suddenly, it seemed he fitted that position. He played very well and it suited him. He’s that kind of dynamic, pushing-forward player, especially with the ball.

He is not naturally a left-back. “No, he’s not even left-footed, he’s a right-footed player,“ Zachodny says. ”In the (Legia) reserves, he was playing as a central midfielder.”

Zachodny says: “When Legia’s new coach (Vukovic’s September replacement Czeslaw Michniewicz) arrived, Karbownik was playing as a central midfielder. “It was one of the most important points for the new coach to make him play as a central midfielder again, as a No 8, because everybody knows foreign clubs are paying more for a central midfielder than a left-back. That was one of the reasons behind switching him back into a more central position.

”He played five or six positions over the last year at Legia. He was left-back mainly, but there were games where he played on the right side, as well as a winger.

“He’s very thin, the kind of midfielder that doesn’t really get involved in the physical battles, but is quite good in the defensive phase, one-on-one, and quite intelligent in how to position himself to get the second balls.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I’d be more disappointed if it was a league game. But it’s a cup we’re not going to win and even if we got to the final we couldn’t go. Move on....
Still a shit goal to concede though

Can't agree with this.

Imagine the excitement if we had drawn Bournemouth or Sheff U at home - a potential FA Cup Semi Final again.

Win , lose or draw against Villa we will still be knocking around the relegation battle until May.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Suggest you look back over the past 12 months and see how often we have conceded goals either just before half time or full time.

I have been one of the biggest critics and been very negative how ever I was wrong and can see what Potter is doing now . I don’t give a shit we lost tonight how ever I am still glowing about beating both Spurs and Liverpool
We are improving each game and will get stronger
The foundations are being laid and it’s a bloody exciting time to support the club

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Shame, we were very good for 93 minutes.
Sadly Walton has been watching videos of Ryan and not Sanchez. He had to come for that. I don’t particularly rate Burn but that was down to the keeper. From what I’ve seen so far I’m not sure Walton will be at the Albion next season.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I have been one of the biggest critics and been very negative how ever I was wrong and can see what Potter is doing now . I don’t give a shit we lost tonight how ever I am still glowing about beating both Spurs and Liverpool
We are improving each game and will get stronger
The foundations are being laid and it’s a bloody exciting time to support the club

Love watching Potterball but it is a continuing problem.

Don't know how you can Coach staying awake at 40 and 85 minutes, I know as a Player you are just waiting for the whistle in both cases but you are getting paid my annual earnings every week so perhaps some more attention required?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Handball before that goal, absolute disgrace.

Sickening, haven’t felt that bad after a game in a long time.

Nice of Dean to give us one last attack too...

Would rather have lost 3 nil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here