Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Walton looks out to the whole goal area. He's more culpable than Burn, imo. And then he didn't come for it. Useless.

This.

Thought that in real time. A thought confirmed by someone who really knows their goalkeeping.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I wonder if people would be rounding on Biss, like they are Burn if that needless free kick he gave away ended up in a goal? ???

Just a thought.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crikey, just one blue shirt, the only awake footballer in the scene, whilst 6 Albion players are half asleep.

What are the odds of a lone 6’0” player winning that 6 to 1 contest?

BB217C32-EAE7-428F-BC4B-09F5B31F32FF.png

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I guess I don't get why Karbownik, being 2 footed and has played most of his career at LB is preferred at RWB. And a more right footed player is played at LWB. I'm sure Potter has his reasons though!

But he is right footed. You watched it right? He moves the ball to his right. And uses his right mostly.
Solly plays on the right sometimes. But he is left footed. Just because you can play on both sides it doesn't make you two footed. Webster is arguably two footed. But most of our squad clearly have a dominant foot.
As does Alzate. So the decision from Potter is who is better suited to play against Leicester on the left, given they are both technically sound, right footed players...
If we played inverted full backs we'd have very little width.

BHAFC132

Mar 17, 2019
He speaks highly of you....

You were pleased when he set up the winner last week though?

Sure he was at fault (IMO), but hate is a bit strong.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But yes, I hate him personally. You can think as you wish but personally I hate him, he’s made so many mistakes and so many issues have been caused by him, all it would take is him to be replaced by a better premier league player and that issue would be sorted

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
TBH I’m not actually bothered about the result, but I am concerned at the way we keep switching off at the end of the half so frequently. Did it against Newport twice (got away with one at the end of extra time), against Blackpool, against Fulham and again tonight. Hope it isn’t becoming a habit.

Yeah, just like we turned off against Leeds, Spurs and Liverpool.....:ffsparr:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
But yes, I hate him personally. You can think as you wish but personally I hate him, he’s made so many mistakes and so many issues have been caused by him, all it would take is him to be replaced by a better premier league player and that issue would be sorted

Are you junior in disguise ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yeah, just like we turned off against Leeds, Spurs and Liverpool.....:ffsparr:

Did I say we do it in every game? I’m pretty sure I didn’t. But for it to happen regularly is something which needs addressing.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A decent all round performance with plenty of positives. Considering the amount of changes GP made I thought we played very well.
It would have been an excellent experience for the two Polish lads.
In such a congested season, it's not the end of the world to have less outstanding fixtures.

I'm certainly looking forward to the rest of the season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Did I say we do it in every game? I’m pretty sure I didn’t. But for it to happen regularly is something which needs addressing.

Did we lose to Fulham? And the Newport goal was a hideous goalkeeping error!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Sorry to be repetitive but..... idiot.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I would rather it happen in the cup, I dont think they will do that again.
Potter doesn't even need to mention it, it will be etched in their memory. No one likes losing a match in the last second because of lack of concentration.

Like the goals by Newport and Man United in 90+ ?

Ings getting a penalty on 81 mins v Stains?

Solly getting away with murder at Villa in 90+?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here