Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Would rather have won that than beat Villa. Could have actually done something memorable this season. Now all we have to look forward to is the possibility of going 13 (13! Not 3, or 6) points clear of the relegation zone. Whoopty ****ing do.

I suppose there’s the chance of beating Palace, but apart from that :shrug:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just watched the highlights. Quite impressed with Zeqiri - I thought he took his non-goal beautifully.
The offside decision against them looked very close - without VAR I don't think I'd have been complaining too bitterly if it had been allowed. I really don't like this not flagging for off-side - players could get injured unnecessarily - and just how long do they go on for after the event to pull it back and disallow a goal?
That excellent centre (from Zeqiri?) that Percy couldn't quite reach - thought he might have got that if he'd gone for a diving header.

Oh well, another year to wait for that Cup win then.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just watched the highlights. Quite impressed with Zeqiri - I thought he took his non-goal beautifully.
The offside decision against them looked very close - without VAR I don't think I'd have been complaining too bitterly if it had been allowed. I really don't like this not flagging for off-side - players could get injured unnecessarily - and just how long do they go on for after the event to pull it back and disallow a goal?
That excellent centre (from Zeqiri?) that Percy couldn't quite reach - thought he might have got that if he'd gone for a diving header.

Oh well, another year to wait for that Cup win then.

No, Alzate.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Sorry, but it really IS absolutely 'black and white'. The cross passes FOUR yards in front of Walton's face. There's no crowd-scene blocking him off. He literally has to step forward two paces, and collect an uncontested catch, the likes of which he practices dozens and dozens of times in training every single day.

Awful moment, for him.

I've just viewed the highlights to refresh my memory, and you are mistaken.
Take another look.
Walton could have stepped forward two paces ... and the ball would still have been four feet above his head!
I don't know what you were watching, but no way is that ball at head height FOUR yards in front of Walton's face.

I believe Specsavers are open during lockdown.

You have not been charged for this information.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sorry, but it really IS absolutely 'black and white'. The cross passes FOUR yards in front of Walton's face. There's no crowd-scene blocking him off. He literally has to step forward two paces, and collect an uncontested catch, the likes of which he practices dozens and dozens of times in training every single day.

Awful moment, for him.

No as the picture shows the header is at 5 yards approx. It is more than two paces, at that angle him getting there above the player is questionable. (Hence the black and white).

Nobody mentioned a crowd blocking him, the player has come from behind Walton I would still expect Burn to react. They all switched off, but to blame Walton is wrong IMO of course.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here